Playing Poker On Your Mobile

I know mobile phones use java and such. But if you have one of these hypernew type phones with all the stuff you don't need and quick internet, would it be possible to for instance play pokerstars or something like that?Much appriciated,Jan

I know mobile phones use java and such. But if you have one of these hypernew type phones with all the stuff you don't need and quick internet, would it be possible to for instance play pokerstars or something like that?Much appriciated,Jan
I have heard it's possible, but why would you want to?EDIT: I can see how it would be useful if you were in a major tourney and had to run an errand, etc.

The only way I'm aware of that you can play poker online from your phone is by using one of the iPhone VNC apps in conjunction with your home PC. iPhone has a few VNC applications that can be used to basically have full control over your home PC from the iPhone, and I've seen video of people using them to play poker online. I've never done it personally, and from what I understand it's sketchy, slow and unreliable at best, but it can be done.

The only way I'm aware of that you can play poker online from your phone is by using one of the iPhone VNC apps in conjunction with your home PC. iPhone has a few VNC applications that can be used to basically have full control over your home PC from the iPhone, and I've seen video of people using them to play poker online. I've never done it personally, and from what I understand it's sketchy, slow and unreliable at best, but it can be done.
I was wondering if this was possible too - AP has a web based software too... wonder if that works on an iPhone?
I was wondering if this was possible too - AP has a web based software too... wonder if that works on an iPhone?
Most everything Java or Shockwave does not work with the iPhone, unfortunately.

I take the train regularly and it would be great to play some on my mobile. It's such a hassle to use your laptop and portable internetcard. Just one table on a small screen at the micros. That's all I need.I'm going to contact PokerStars why they havn't invented this yet...

Most everything Java or Shockwave does not work with the iPhone, unfortunately.
Little fact for you:Apple advertised the iPhone with the slogan, "the whole Internet in a phone", but because it does not support Java or Shockwave, they were forced to chance their advertisement.:club:

I just got this reply from PSHello Jan,Thank you for your email.Unfortunately our software is not compatible with that type of mobiletechnology at this time. The security required for our real money games isnot possible with the operating systems used to run those devices.You may read more about these types of devices and security concerns onthe following link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_deviceWe may have this available in the future if the security of those devicesimproves. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.Regards,TeymourPokerStars Support TeamAwell, another dream shattered...

• 2 weeks later...

Just last night i was in a $20NL SNG on Pstars that ran longer than I expected. I had to go out and it would have been nice to be able to play on a phone rather than sitting out hands and getting blinded out.

Set up an account with Logmein.comUse your Iphone to log into the website so you can control your PC anywhere. Pull up pokerstars and you are good to go.
Does anyone know if this will actually work ? I have the Blackberry Storm and wonder if this would be compatible as well. I also have an iTouch, maybe that would work if I have wifi but i'm not home ?Dan
Does anyone know if this will actually work ? I have the Blackberry Storm and wonder if this would be compatible as well. I also have an iTouch, maybe that would work if I have wifi but i'm not home ?Dan
Not sure about the Blackberry but the Iphone works.
  • 2 weeks later...

its only a matter of time before technology catches up and it will be done. kinda scary really i play enough as it is imagine if i could just play anywhere, anytime. i'd have to carry around a couple spare batteries for the phone though

I have windows mobile on my cell. I saw this thread and was intrigued. I was able to successfully play poker stars from my phone, even though it was ugly it worked.1. I had to download Remote Desktop Client for Windows Mobile 62. Install it on my phone3. Go into my router and setup forward port 3389 to my home pc that has poker stars installed.4. Launch Remote Desktop on the phone and set the display to 256 colors (this helped the performance greatly)5. Input your home's public ip address into the computer field and input the username and password to your home pc and tap connect.6. Now, the screen on my phone is only 640X480 and Pokerstars gave me a pop up warning.7. Login to Pokerstars8. once you start a table you have to size it down as small as it will go (i suggest pulling it down from the top left)It looks like crap (the cards and chips are clear enough) and is a pain in the butt to setup but if you're hardcore and have windows mobile it's a fun little project. I don't have a digital camera except for the one on my phone or i would post a pic.

• 2 weeks later...
1. I had to download Remote Desktop Client for Windows Mobile 62. Install it on my phone3. Go into my router and setup forward port 3389 to my home pc that has poker stars installed.4. Launch Remote Desktop on the phone and set the display to 256 colors (this helped the performance greatly)5. Input your home's public ip address into the computer field and input the username and password to your home pc and tap connect.6. Now, the screen on my phone is only 640X480 and Pokerstars gave me a pop up warning.7. Login to Pokerstars8. once you start a table you have to size it down as small as it will go (i suggest pulling it down from the top left)
Seems like a lot of work, but probably worth it for long commutes or running errands...I never thought anything like this would be possible. Little like the space age sometimes. Without the space :club:
  • 9 months later...

Well because I'm new to this forum and don't want people to get angry that I didn't use the search feature I'll just ask my question here. I live in Canada and the data plans for the iphone are 500mb and 1gb I think. I have a crap easy job on a night shift with no internet connection! And of course I'd love to play poker on my iphone (if I buy one). From what I've read logmein allows you to play poker stars so I'm all for it. My question is how much bandwidth will be used each month to run logmein then run pokerstars on my iphone? I'd probablly log a good 20 hours/week playing only one table (small screen), from work. I have tried to google this but it came up a blank. Maybe someone will have better luck, or know from experience.Thanks.