After months of existence, our homage to the eleventh best limit hold'em player is under attack by the factistas on Wikipedia.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_HendersonAnyone with any knowledge of this type of thing...save Zach's page!Quoted from the person who tried to delete it:"Removed prod. Non-notable poker player who fails to meet WP:N. He has only entered a single tournament and finished 11th in it. The article claims he is ranked 11th in the world but this is a fallacy as he has only competed in the one tournament and it wasn't even one of the majors. I believe this is a likely self-bio. Djsasso (talk) 16:51, 1 December 2008 (UTC)"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they call this a non-major!? It was one of the most expensive sub-2000 dollar buy in tournaments!

I edited it:* I am a professional poker player and personally witnessed Zach Henderson place 11th and subsequently be named the 11th best LHE (Limit HoldEm) player in the world. This wiki is factually accurate and not a self bio.Mark

Notability requires evidence. I added a link to his featured member status on the deletion discussion page.edit: I guess that didn't impress them...----Henderson has received public recognition of his notability; he has been recognized as a featured member on one of the most popular poker-related discussion boards.--Venicebeach (talk) 18:53, 1 December 2008 (UTC) Wasn't that the same site he was the moderator of? That's quite something. --fvw* 18:55, 1 December 2008 (UTC)

Mark it got deleted because you did not impress them because you got ousted by the famous Brandon Cantuouch!

I am Zachs #1 fan,He Has tought me how to be a winning lhe player. iv recently jumped up to the big .25/.50 cent hold em games on pokerstars thanks to him and currently have a 4bb/100 win rate over 400 hands, If this is not proof enough how superior this mans game is then wikipedia needs to remove wayne gretzkys and micheal jordans entry's as well. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Zachs number1 Fan (talk • contribs)
looooooool

The fact that there's a thread deletion discussion about it is pretty hilarious to me. For those who haven't read the discussion part (linked above by Cobalt):Removed prod. Non-notable poker player who fails to meet WP:N. He has only entered a single tournament and finished 11th in it. The article claims he is ranked 11th in the world but this is a fallacy as he has only competed in the one tournament and it wasn't even one of the majors. I believe this is a likely self-bio. Djsasso (talk) 16:51, 1 December 2008 (UTC) ATTENTION!If you came here because someone asked you to, or you read a message on another website, please note that this is not a majority vote, but rather a discussion to establish a consensus among Wikipedia editors on whether a page is suitable for this encyclopedia. Wikipedia has policies and guidelines to help us decide this, and deletion decisions are made on the merits of the arguments, not by counting votes.Nonetheless, you are welcome to participate and express your opinions. Remember to assume good faith on the part of others and to sign your posts on this page by adding ~~~~ at the end.Note: Comments by suspected single-purpose accounts can be tagged using {{subst:spa|''username''}}d per nom. If we could accurately describe what it is about the style of all these self-bio pages that jumps right out at you when you see them, we could make it a CSD and save ourselves a lot of time. --fvw* 17:01, 1 December 2008 (UTC)It is ridiculous to claim that a World Series of Poker tournament is a "non-major" and just goes to show the lack of knowledge of the party trying to have this particular article deleted. As a professional poker player, I think it's absurd to call Zach6668 anything other than notable. Just because he is mostly a cash game player does not mean he isn't entirely relevant in the poker community. Removing this because of an ignorant reader's lack of knowledge about a significant entity in the poker world goes in direct opposition to the point of Wikipedia; namely to educate and inform about people or things of interest. —Preceding unsigned comment added by User:72.187.216.13 (talk • contribs)There are different levels of events, the World Series of Poker is a major group of tournaments, but not all of the events in the World Series are of the same notability level. For example in the World Series, the major events would be the World Championship events and the Main Event. Players have to meet WP:V and WP:NOTE to qualify for an article, he does neither. -Djsasso (talk) 17:11, 1 December 2008 (UTC)And to be more specific to poker he fails Poker player notability guidelines. -Djsasso (talk) 17:15, 1 December 2008 (UTC)Delete – Sorry to say, it is time to fold. Could find no information, as noted here [1] by any type of 3rd party, or even secondary, - reliable – verifiable – creditable source. ShoesssS Talk 17:35, 1 December 2008 (UTC)Henderson has received public recognition of his notability; he has been recognized as a featured member on one of the most popular poker-related discussion boards.--Venicebeach (talk) 18:53, 1 December 2008 (UTC)— Venicebeach (talk • contribs) has made few or no other edits outside this topic.Wasn't that the same site he was the moderator of? That's quite something. --fvw* 18:55, 1 December 2008 (UTC)Yeah, and look they are trying to recruit help to save the article at their forum. -Djsasso (talk) 21:25, 1 December 2008 (UTC)It's funny that you would use his popularity amongst the people who look up to him as a reason AGAINST his inclusion here. Of course there's an effort to keep this here. Zach Henderson has inspired and helped many of them. Zach Henderson is only not well-known to those outside of the poker universe; those who only casually follow televised tournaments. It's like saying that Andre Johnson isn't a relevant NFL player because the Texans aren't ever on TV. Zach Henderson is the Andre Johnson of poker.It's not about his popularity, I am sure he is a great guy. But in order to be eligible for inclusion on wikipedia you have to be the subject of multiple reliable sources and meet WP:NOTE/WP:BIO and be verifiable. Popularity is not the same as notability. Andre Johnson might not be on TV alot, but he is written about in reliable news papers, sports magazines and on reliable sports based sites. Zach Henderson has not been written about in such ways. -Djsasso (talk) 22:03, 1 December 2008 (UTC)Delete. 0. 1. None. None. None. 0. None. None. 0. I think that speaks for it self! vıdıoman 19:29, 1 December 2008 (UTC)I would like to volunteer this post http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=Zach&st=20, in which Zack is mentioned as a top 10 poker player by his peers, a community of almost 30,000 poker players. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 71.197.20.44 (talk • contribs)And I would like to point you to Wikipedia Reliable Sources of which a forum is not one. -Djsasso (talk) 20:50, 1 December 2008 (UTC)I am Zachs #1 fan,He Has tought me how to be a winning lhe player. iv recently jumped up to the big .25/.50 cent hold em games on pokerstars thanks to him and currently have a 4bb/100 win rate over 400 hands, If this is not proof enough how superior this mans game is then wikipedia needs to remove wayne gretzkys and micheal jordans entry's as well. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Zachs number1 Fan (talk • contribs)— Zachs number1 Fan (talk • contribs) has made few or no other edits outside this topic.

It's funny that you would use his popularity amongst the people who look up to him as a reason AGAINST his inclusion here. Of course there's an effort to keep this here. Zach Henderson has inspired and helped many of them. Zach Henderson is only not well-known to those outside of the poker universe; those who only casually follow televised tournaments. It's like saying that Andre Johnson isn't a relevant NFL player because the Texans aren't ever on TV. Zach Henderson is the Andre Johnson of poker.
LOL!

Zach's Wikipedia page has been updated:Zach "Zach6668" Henderson (November 30, 1984) is a Canadian professional poker player originally hailing from Thunder Bay, Ontario, now residing in Ottawa, Ontario. While Zach Henderson was the creator of the controversial poker style called "Fakesies", he's best known for his 11th place finish[1] at the 2008 World Series of Poker $1,500 Limit Hold'em Event, earning the enviable title of 11th best limit hold'em player on Earth.Zach Henderson is a moderator on the popular internet poker forum Full Contact Poker, the official website of Daniel Negreanu.[2] Like Negreanu, Zach Henderson often verbally blogs about his dog, a Papillon mix named "Jersey".Zach Henderson became even more famous in December of 2008 after his entry on Wikipedia caused a controversy that reeked of anti-Canadianism from many of the mostly-American censors.