Site Differences

i mainly play at pokerstars and i notice an inordinate amount of people complaining..."this site sucks" "jokerstars" types of comments, mostly about being on the receiving end of a bad beat i guess. so i'm wondering if there are strong opinions out there one way or the other if certain sites are better or whatever. ie, are there less bad beats/river suckouts on full tilt? or is it just complaining because someone got beat?thanks for your feedback.

i mainly play at pokerstars and i notice an inordinate amount of people complaining..."this site sucks" "jokerstars" types of comments, mostly about being on the receiving end of a bad beat i guess. so i'm wondering if there are strong opinions out there one way or the other if certain sites are better or whatever. ie, are there less bad beats/river suckouts on full tilt? or is it just complaining because someone got beat?thanks for your feedback.
UB and Cake have no bad beat guarantees when you download the software....... Did you really wait 3 months to make this your 1st post?

almost every site has the same Losing Player Mantra. "i can't win and it is all the fault of these goddamn random cards!" every site except feral cow poker, where we only deal a random flop. once it is dealt, the turn and river are chosen to keep the best hand ahead, thereby eliminating all bad beats.we get A LOT of complaints from people whose draws never hit.

UB and Cake have no bad beat guarantees when you download the software....... Did you really wait 3 months to make this your 1st post?
yeah i guess so...i'm a fairly frequent reader, but a lousy poster i guess

Try different sites, don't base your decisions on the bad beats though you will get those on all of them.I don't know what games you play, but I base my decisions on things like: tourney structures, tourney's/games offered, types of players, rakeback (although I don't have it... sigh), etc.Download 4 or 5 different sites and delete the ones you don't like.

Only reason the jokerstars claim is the most heard one is because they have the largest player base. You'll encounter bad players, and bad beats no matter how high you play, and no matter what site you play on.

there are definitely less river suckouts on full tilt because pokerstars is rigged so that the site gets more rake. So if you dont wanna take bad beats and stuff play on full tilt. Full tilt is a little bit rigged but not nearly as much as pokerstars.
there are definitely less river suckouts on full tilt because pokerstars is rigged so that the site gets more rake. So if you dont wanna take bad beats and stuff play on full tilt. Full tilt is a little bit rigged but not nearly as much as pokerstars.
sometimes im not sure if someone is being sarcastic or not.... poker is rigged in general people just take it out on the websites. If someone prefers one site over another ill bet 5 brazillion that they have run better on that site they prefer, its only a coincidence.

I like to encourage the idea that the site is rigged. It makes the fish think that the reason they lost that hand is because FTP is out to get them and not because they were retarded to check the flop with their set and shove the turn when I hit my straight.

I laugh every time someone comments "jokerstars" Those are the players you want. They have no clue. Granted, their play is only a smidgen worse than mine but at least this way I am not the worse player at the table. :club:

so basically the complaints are just the whiners then. i pretty much assumed this to be the case, but i always wondered why if "this site sucks", then why don't they go to one that doesn't. thanks everyone

Shut up, Coug.
?? did i say something to offend? maybe this is an old topic or something and my original question had been rehashed on numerous threads, i don't know. just wondered what other people thought about the various sites/complaints
sometimes im not sure if someone is being sarcastic or not.... poker is rigged in general people just take it out on the websites. If someone prefers one site over another ill bet 5 brazillion that they have run better on that site they prefer, its only a coincidence.
I actually have a definite personal preference for FullTilt over Stars and it really doesn't have much to do with how I've run. I've taken my share of beats on both, I just like the software better at FT and I have rakeback, which is invaluable since I'm not all that much better than a break-even player these days.As to the OP's question. I think you should base your decision on two things. Where you can find the most bad players, or best games at the level and game you like to play. And, whether or not you can get rakeback. I don't play on Stars anymore, mostly for the aforementioned reason that rakeback is like more than half my profit these days. Maybe if I got back to playing somewhat significant limits and played a ton of volume, the Stars FPP program could get me some reasonable facsimile of rakeback. But, honestly I think that if you're playing without rakeback you're losing alot of value and this makes it hard for me to understand why Stars gets so much traffice when pretty much every other site offers rakeback. Then again, I guess most donkeys don't know about rakeback, and you want to go where they go.Anyway, I've derailed my post a little, but yeah...you'll always hear whiners complaining about bad beats. Granted, the Stars comments have been the most prevalent and having been going on the entire 3 plus years I've been in the online poker community. Many people think it's rigged in some way, many people think the RNG doesn't run quite right. I highly doubt that this is the case, but I will say that I've heard more complaints about Stars than any other site. That said, I've seen plenty of whiners on FTP as well.OH, and OP...if you're looking for some entertainment, you can search the forum for posts by Tritz on this subject. I'm lazy and suck at forum searches, but there's some really entertaining stuff from back in 2005 on this subject.*edit* I think this is the thread I was thinking of. It generated a lot of controversy. And, obv I have insomnia since I'm still up and searching stupid shit from FCP history at 3 am.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p;hl=pokerstars
?? did i say something to offend? maybe this is an old topic or something and my original question had been rehashed on numerous threads, i don't know. just wondered what other people thought about the various sites/complaints
Its nothing towards you. You would get this if you had posted here a while ago. Someone else should get it(I hope). Again though, nothing pointed at you.

I played on Unibet before I went to pokerstars.... I see about the same % of players that complain that the site is rigged and stuff like that.I'm not a programmer, but it seems a lot easier to me to code in that the flop,turn,river are completely random rather than that it somehow tracks how it could give a bad beat and gives that possibility a higher chance. Certainly in tournaments the website has no reason whatsoever to do that.When I get a bad beat from some donk I often look them up on OPR... and almost always see they are big time losing players. So in the long run it seems pretty fair to me :)Weandago

online poker is riggedps. shutup coug.
I actually have a definite personal preference for FullTilt over Stars and it really doesn't have much to do with how I've run. I've taken my share of beats on both, I just like the software better at FT and I have rakeback, which is invaluable since I'm not all that much better than a break-even player these days.As to the OP's question. I think you should base your decision on two things. Where you can find the most bad players, or best games at the level and game you like to play. And, whether or not you can get rakeback. I don't play on Stars anymore, mostly for the aforementioned reason that rakeback is like more than half my profit these days. Maybe if I got back to playing somewhat significant limits and played a ton of volume, the Stars FPP program could get me some reasonable facsimile of rakeback. But, honestly I think that if you're playing without rakeback you're losing alot of value and this makes it hard for me to understand why Stars gets so much traffice when pretty much every other site offers rakeback. Then again, I guess most donkeys don't know about rakeback, and you want to go where they go.Anyway, I've derailed my post a little, but yeah...you'll always hear whiners complaining about bad beats. Granted, the Stars comments have been the most prevalent and having been going on the entire 3 plus years I've been in the online poker community. Many people think it's rigged in some way, many people think the RNG doesn't run quite right. I highly doubt that this is the case, but I will say that I've heard more complaints about Stars than any other site. That said, I've seen plenty of whiners on FTP as well.OH, and OP...if you're looking for some entertainment, you can search the forum for posts by Tritz on this subject. I'm lazy and suck at forum searches, but there's some really entertaining stuff from back in 2005 on this subject.*edit* I think this is the thread I was thinking of. It generated a lot of controversy. And, obv I have insomnia since I'm still up and searching stupid shit from FCP history at 3 am.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p;hl=pokerstars
I definitely think that the reason why there is more complaints is the combination of much bigger playing field (100k average?) and lot of fishes. However if it was the case that the riverplay on pokerstars is very rigged I still dont think the best players would be very harmed by it, considering they are much better putting opponents at a hand. Most of these comments you will see by players that lose on the river, and still give their money away is becuase they cant fold when opponent actually do catch up to them either by f.ex a flush or a straight.

No_Neck is starting to convince me that AP is rigged against me. It doesn't make sense why they would rig it against high volume players but I just assume they are crappy businessmen.

Pretty sure it's a pun on the infamous Shut Up, Doug that users would type whenever the user Doug posted something. Since Coug and Doug are one letter apart, he thought he was being funny.