368 replies to this topic

#41 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

Deffinatly could be a desperate attempt to extort money from a company that probally doesnt want the spotlight on its ownership structure. But she has been there since pretty much the start and if everyone else who was there from the start has a peice it makes you think there might be a case here. Sure she has done pretty much nothing to promote FTP with her performance but if she was promised something that should be irrelevant.

#42 rawkodd

rawkodd

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:omaha/nlhe

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

verbal contracts exceding $500 are not legally binding

#43 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostAmScray, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 1:37 PM, said:

One of two things are possible here. 1) Lederer has "verbal agreements" with all of the involved parties, thus there aren't any written contracts. Suddenly, when FTP becomes an absolute beast of a website and 1% is an extremely sizable portion of money, Clonie is viewed as the weakest link amongst the sponsored pros, and is cut out unfairly. If this is the case, every single person named in that suit will have to be willing to lie under oath to benefit FTP. 2) Lederer really does have contracts with all of the other people, in which case, they will provide them in court, show that they have documented, contractual interest with their sponsored pros and Clonie is just bitter that she was never invited to the party as an "official" stakeholder.Either way, given the relative 'grayness' of US citizens operating and benefiting from a partially offshore partially onshore gaming operation, it could be very, very bad ffor Lederer and crew.
Or 3) She has gone absolutely ding bat crazy and is making things up. There is just no freaking way they'd offer her 1%, no freaking way. This feels more like crazy ex-girlfriend extortion than anything else. I really hope she doesn't get away with this, luckily I don't think she will. What an idiot.

#44 Dirtydutch

Dirtydutch

'Skatez

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:13 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 2:12 PM, said:

Or 3) She has gone absolutely ding bat crazy and is making things up. There is just no freaking way they'd offer her 1%, no freaking way. This feels more like crazy ex-girlfriend extortion than anything else. I really hope she doesn't get away with this, luckily I don't think she will. What an idiot.
...And now we see why consequence ever came of my Rape Clonie campaign.

#45 AcesUp46

AcesUp46

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Maybe Clonie is suing FTP cos they are not letting her add rakeback to her account?

#46 IQCrash

IQCrash

Coke & Whores.

• Members
  • 4,262 posts
  • Interests:Coke & Whores. Strippers & Blow.

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

Heh, you're one cool SOB. If we ever run into one another, vegan strippers and tofu coke is on me.

#47 Stiles2004

Stiles2004

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:Myself

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

What happens to people when they become rich and famous? They get sued by someone who says they were promised something yada yada yadaYou never sue to go to trial, you sue to settle... she turns down 250k, gets lawyered up, sues for a brazillion dollars, and settles out of courtNow, doesn't she make a 'career' or sorts out of poker? She's gonna see these dudes (and lady) at tournies, and of course these fellows are mostly all well respected, so they'll have some ponies in their stable
Bad luck wind been blowin' on my back
I was born to bring trouble wherever I'm at

#48 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 3:12 PM, said:

lol.I vote for this plus running bad and broke. gg career

F Cancer

#49 Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:Poker, soccer, movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

LOL"ehrm my name is Cycalona and I think it would be cool to sue a lot of people. I suck at the pokah and it pisses me off. So jealous of the guys who really can play so I've decided to get medieval on Ivey, E-dog, Lederer, Juanda and a whole bunch of other guys who reguarly sodimizes me on and off the table."I don't like to be mean but that's just so stupid. Greedy s.o.b IMO

#50 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:00 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM, said:

Well, again, she may be hated by the online poker community, but they don't exactly love her to begin with anyway. And, I doubt she'll be hated by the non-tilt pros in the "superstar" community, because I mean, it's just a contract dispute, and what she's doing isn't something that any one of us didn't do. Again, if her allegations are true, they are basically trying to steal millions of dollars from her. That's not right. It doesn't matter how bad of a player she is or if she "deserves" the money or not. She deserves it because IF she's contractually guaranteed it.

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

1. Bad for Poker.2. I'd bet $50,000 that she has no contract stating she owns 1% of the company.3. This will cause her a lot of personal pain.4. She'll spend more in lawyer fees than she'll get in a settlement.5. I don't believe that she was ever an owner of any percentage of FTP.

View PostCobaltBlue, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

It would be really odd for Lederer et al to just stiff her if there's a contract. I don't see what benefit they'd have to withholding that 1%.
I kind of think there's no way with all the crap going on around poker that FT wants bad publicity. Maybe they are making so much bank they don't care / can handle it.

I guess that's fairly definitive.Eeeeek
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#51 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

View PostStiles2004, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 4:36 PM, said:

Now, doesn't she make a 'career' or sorts out of poker? She's gonna see these dudes (and lady) at tournies, and of course these fellows are mostly all well respected, so they'll have some ponies in their stable
yeah, but again, so what? If she gets millions from this lawsuit, so what if team full tilt hates her. What are they going to do, Slow roll her? They can't keep her out of tournaments or keep her from playing cash games, so if she's a winning pro ( ahahhahaha) she'll continue to win. She obviously wasn't getting paid by full tilt before, so it's not like anything less can happen now.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#52 Painter567

Painter567

• Members
  • 17,885 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 7:06 PM, said:

yeah, but again, so what? If she gets millions from this lawsuit, so what if team full tilt hates her. What are they going to do, Slow roll her? They can't keep her out of tournaments or keep her from playing cash games, so if she's a winning pro ( ahahhahaha) she'll continue to win. She obviously wasn't getting paid by full tilt before, so it's not like anything less can happen now.
:club: :ts :D :D
Hi

#53 NoSup4U

NoSup4U

Making Poppinfresh look like a nit

• Members
  • 10,674 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded NLHE

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

View PostAcesUp46, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 4:28 PM, said:

Maybe Clonie is suing FTP cos they are not letting her add rakeback to her account?
LOL POTD imo :)Mark

#54 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

#55 Painter567

Painter567

• Members
  • 17,885 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

View Postpezeveng, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 7:18 PM, said:

LOL!
Hi

#56 Dirtydutch

Dirtydutch

'Skatez

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

View Postpezeveng, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 5:18 PM, said:

It took me a while to figure out that was fake.

#57 babylondonks

babylondonks

I have had a perfectly wonderful evening

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

View PostDirtydutch, on Sunday, November 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

It took me a while to figure out that was fake.

#58 cwik

cwik

Bully for you.

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

View PostNoSup4U, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

FTP is on my bad side right now, so I'm rooting for Clonie :)Mark
this made me LOL.

#59 mase_gotsem

mase_gotsem

forum bad guy

• Members
  • 5,467 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

clonie is obv back on the meth train and is going through her wealth at a very fast pace,so to make sure she has enuff meth to last her until shes in her 100s she is sueing full tilt .id really like to know who owns how much shares in ftp/tiltware and how filthy rich they are.
jeff(support): unfortunetly, confedrate,it looks like thats right. You were waiting to post your blind, and didnt get in. Im very sorry"

#60 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,387 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

View Postrawkodd, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 4:55 PM, said:

verbal contracts exceding $500 are not legally binding
On the other hand, yes they are in most jurisdictions.Also I think you mean oral contracts. FWIW that goes for everybody else in this discussion: you mean oral contract, not verbal contract. A verbal contract can be written or spoken.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users