• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#21 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

[quote name='Stiles2004' date='Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM' post='2888259']When you sue someone, might as well sue everyone, doesn't really cost anymore to add a few names... the innocent parties will be sorted out and removed from the lawsuitAlso, she's going to be absolutely hated on for this for her entire life, is she aware of that?[/quote 10 million or so might ease the pain of being hated.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#22 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,638 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:41 AM

View PostStiles2004, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 11:57 AM, said:

Also, she's going to be absolutely hated on for this for her entire life, is she aware of that?
One LOLtwo, she shouldn't be hated on by anyone by this, other than maybe howard lederer. It's just a contract dispute, if they owe her money contractually, then they should pay it. I think this makes howard Et al look worse and sleazier for trying to not pay her, than it does for Clonie for trying to get her moneythree someone already said this, but it bears repeating. who gives a fck? Once she has her 1 percent , she can pretty much retire from public life if she wants to. Do you think the respect of forum boarding nerds is worth millions of dollars?
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#23 CrAcKeDaCeS

CrAcKeDaCeS

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Fantasy Football, UK Soccer

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

One LOLtwo, she shouldn't be hated on by anyone by this, other than maybe howard lederer. It's just a contract dispute, if they owe her money contractually, then they should pay it. I think this makes howard Et al look worse and sleazier for trying to not pay her, than it does for Clonie for trying to get her moneythree someone already said this, but it bears repeating. who gives a fck? Once she has her 1 percent , she can pretty much retire from public life if she wants to. Do you think the respect of forum boarding nerds is worth millions of dollars?
Athough I agree with you 100% that if she wins her 1%, she's set for life, I think they were referring to the fact that she will be hated on by the poker community, who most likely will have Howard's and the other pro's back(s). But, $10-20 mill will sure ease that pain.
"Poker?! I hardly even know 'er!"

"The All-In move works every time...except once."

#24 finztotheleft

finztotheleft

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

View Postking_tanner, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 1:47 PM, said:

He also hosted the Celebrity Poker show which was on for a few seasons. That's how he is known to the general public moreso than his poker accomplishments.
Sadly, that is what sucked me into this degen life

#25 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,638 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

View PostCrAcKeDaCeS, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

Athough I agree with you 100% that if she wins her 1%, she's set for life, I think they were referring to the fact that she will be hated on by the poker community, who most likely will have Howard's and the other pro's back(s). But, $10-20 mill will sure ease that pain.
Well, again, she may be hated by the online poker community, but they don't exactly love her to begin with anyway. And, I doubt she'll be hated by the non-tilt pros in the "superstar" community, because I mean, it's just a contract dispute, and what she's doing isn't something that any one of us didn't do. Again, if her allegations are true, they are basically trying to steal millions of dollars from her. That's not right. It doesn't matter how bad of a player she is or if she "deserves" the money or not. She deserves it because she's contractually guaranteed it.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#26 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

I agree. If she is under the same contract as everyone else from Team Full Tilt, then she is entitled to get what is in her contract. If she didn't accept the 250K it doesn't mean that she is a bitch, it means that in her contract she is to be given a different amount. If Lederer really wants her off Full Tilt then he needs to pay her the rest of her contract, or whatever their policy is for letting people go.I don't think she is a bitch at all for this. This is what happens when you put a hot chick but mediocre poker player in the same class as legit professional poker players. The pro's will still win money, but the hot chick will eventually get old and ugly and become irrelevant in the poker world.Also, if she is let go from Full Tilt I think another website will sponsor her immediately. Probably Bodog or something.
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#27 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

1. Bad for Poker.2. I'd bet $50,000 that she has no contract stating she owns 1% of the company.3. This will cause her a lot of personal pain.4. She'll spend more in lawyer fees than she'll get in a settlement.5. I don't believe that she was ever an owner of any percentage of FTP.
Posted Image

#28 donk4life

donk4life

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

It would have been so much better if Daniel used checkboxes in his post.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#29 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 3:32 PM, said:

2. I'd bet $50,000 that she has no contract stating she owns 1% of the company.5. I don't believe that she was ever an owner of any percentage of FTP.
It would be really odd for Lederer et al to just stiff her if there's a contract. I don't see what benefit they'd have to withholding that 1%.

#30 silkyjonson

silkyjonson

steppin out

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

1. Bad for Poker.agree, although its not just on her if Tilt/Howard are not giving her what was agreed upon2. I'd bet $50,000 that she has no contract stating she owns 1% of the company.agreed although I would specule that because of the thin legality of the industry this may be the case for all FT owners, although you would probably know more in this area. And a verbal contract would be binding, although tedious to prove.3. This will cause her a lot of personal pain.yup4. She'll spend more in lawyer fees than she'll get in a settlement.5. I don't believe that she was ever an owner of any percentage of FTP.

#31 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

1. Bad for Poker.2. I'd bet $50,000 that she has no contract stating she owns 1% of the company.3. This will cause her a lot of personal pain.4. She'll spend more in lawyer fees than she'll get in a settlement.5. I don't believe that she was ever an owner of any percentage of FTP.
Once clonie reads this I bet she will drop the suit.

I enjoy them

#32 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,082 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

If she was working for free for 3-4 years that kind of makes me think she did have a peice or at least was told she had a peice.

#33 NoSup4U

NoSup4U

Making Poppinfresh look like a nit

• Members
  • 10,674 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded NLHE

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

FTP is on my bad side right now, so I'm rooting for Clonie :)Mark

#34 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

Just wondering,If matasow is part owner of a billion dollar company,why the hell is he only playing the lower stakes on that site?

I enjoy them

#35 NoSup4U

NoSup4U

Making Poppinfresh look like a nit

• Members
  • 10,674 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded NLHE

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 1:53 PM, said:

Just wondering,If matasow is part owner of a billion dollar company,why the hell is he only playing the lower stakes on that site?
If you'd never played poker before but were a part owner of a billion dollar poker company, do you think it would be a smart decision to play the nosebleed stakes? I mean, seems like there would be some pretty obvious reasons why someone wouldn't play very high even if they had a bunch of money.That being said, Matusow has played the nosebleed stuff a fair amount and maybe either thinks its wise to play lower or its part of his contract to play the lower stakes also.Mark

#36 BellaireDrew

BellaireDrew

starting over

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 2:53 PM, said:

Matasow is not a part owner. IIRC he told a story once that instead of buying into FT he decided to bet on some sports, and has regretted it ever since.
QUOTE (cwik @ Sunday, November 16th, 2008, 1:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try balancing your range by beating her when you had a good day too.

#37 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

It would be really odd for Lederer et al to just stiff her if there's a contract. I don't see what benefit they'd have to withholding that 1%.
There is no contract and I don't buy for a second that she owned 1% at any point. No chance.
Posted Image

#38 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 2:31 PM, said:

There is no contract and I don't buy for a second that she owned 1% at any point. No chance.
One of two things are possible here. 1) Lederer has "verbal agreements" with all of the involved parties, thus there aren't any written contracts. Suddenly, when FTP becomes an absolute beast of a website and 1% is an extremely sizable portion of money, Clonie is viewed as the weakest link amongst the sponsored pros, and is cut out unfairly. If this is the case, every single person named in that suit will have to be willing to lie under oath to benefit FTP. 2) Lederer really does have contracts with all of the other people, in which case, they will provide them in court, show that they have documented, contractual interest with their sponsored pros and Clonie is just bitter that she was never invited to the party as an "official" stakeholder.Either way, given the relative 'grayness' of US citizens operating and benefiting from a partially offshore partially onshore gaming operation, it could be very, very bad ffor Lederer and crew.
Posted Image

#39 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7TD or Holdem

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Interesting. I guess I believe Daniel, but its still kinda weird that the rest of Team Full Tilt seems to have a piece of the company(I assume this is true since they are all getting sued) but Clonie wouldn't.

#40 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

View PostMoneyball16, on Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 2:40 PM, said:

Interesting. I guess I believe Daniel
It's pretty hard to not believe him, given that he's known to be extremely tight with a number of parties named in that suit and you can bet your ass that his back-channel hearsay is probably quality.Still, just because Clonie doesn't have a contract doesn't mean that she wasn't promised 1%, or that other people have contracts but she doesn't.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users