• Please log in to reply
630 replies to this topic

#21 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Well looks like Dems don't get the filibusterer, so that's something.

#22 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:15 PM, said:

Well looks like Dems don't get the filibusterer, so that's something.
60 Senate seats was always a pipe dream. I was really hoping McConnell or Inhofe would get das boot. Oh well, nothing's perfect.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#23 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:08 PM, said:

Looks like we have our first black president.I will give him my support and prayers as the new president.I will also refrain from speculating how bad he will run things barring any major screw ups ( like picking Kerry for Sec State ) until he gets his decisions implemented.I'm glad I'm in a country where I don't have to fear for my life ( just my money) when the other guy winsI'm also glad the COMMERCIALS ARE OVERI'm equally glad the phone calls will stop telling me why I need to give money to stop the liberal agenda that threatens to destroy this country. ( I bet some of you got the same phone call except you were needed to stop the religious right )And I've had a good time with many of you who even though I disagree with, I've admired your ability to defend your ideas. Some of you of course are just idiots, but many of you are fine examples of how being wrong, doesn't make you bad.Now maybe we can all sit back, watch George W. Bush show the kind of class that a fine man can show and hand over the reigns of power to Obama.May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.
I love that all I have to do is simply quote and paste.

F Cancer

#24 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

View PostAmScray, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:43 PM, said:

The gravest mistake they could possibly make is to delude themselves into believing that this was a mandate on leftist politics and that they now have political capital to "Roosevelt up" America. This was unquestionably a vote AGAINST a total disgrace of a Republican party that has been ****ing up America for the past 6 years. It was not a vote "for" traditional Democratic politics.
this too...^

F Cancer

#25 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:36 PM, said:

I love that all I have to do is simply quote and paste.
Edited because I shamed him into changing his sig, so my post is now nonsensical.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#26 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

View PostAmScray, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

The gravest mistake they could possibly make is to delude themselves into believing that this was a mandate on leftist politics and that they now have political capital to "Roosevelt up" America. This was unquestionably a vote AGAINST a total disgrace of a Republican party that has been ****ing up America for the past 6 years. It was not a vote "for" traditional Democratic politics.
A lot may disagree, but I've always viewed Obama as a centrist in many ways. I have always tended toward Democrats, but the reason that I became excited about Obama was because I perceived him to be a very rational and thoughtful man. I believe, and now it is up to him to prove to me one way or another, that he will use his wisdom and reason to make the best decisions for America, and not for some abstract concept of liberalism.

#27 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:54 PM, said:

A lot may disagree, but I've always viewed Obama as a centrist in many ways. I have always tended toward Democrats, but the reason that I became excited about Obama was because I perceived him to be a very rational and thoughtful man. I believe, and now it is up to him to prove to me one way or another, that he will use his wisdom and reason to make the best decisions for America, and not for some abstract concept of liberalism.
I agree. He is far more rational and thoughtful a man than most candidates in recent memory. Still, there is no escaping the fact that his philosophical framework is hard, hard left and even though he may pay lip service to "centrism", there's pretty much no argument about what kind of leopard lies beneath his carefully tailored spots.
Posted Image

#28 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

Nice sig. Glad to see you're taking the loss with some dignity.
LOL, I was gonna say something like that too.
-Kurt

#29 neretva

neretva

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Poker,jazz guitar,computer games

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

Reverend Wright wanted it, now he's got it. God has damned America.Let the 2012 Presidential campaign begin. As the move to the left inevitably crashes and burns the economy, we can look forward to a proper Republican candidate in 2012 or perhaps even 2016. One who espouses proper laissez-faire capitalism and removal of an oppressive government from our daily lives.But until then: A societal cancer has metastasized this evening. We can only watch in horror as the train leaves the tracks and careens and cascades down the mountainside, rewarding the lazy and the mediocre at the expense of those with talent and drive. Who will now, by necessity, waste valuable time focusing their energies on protecting what is rightfully theirs through creative legal and economic means. I'm already devising my own personal strategies.To all the Republicans who allowed rampant statism and big government at the expense of abandoned and forgotten philosophical principles: The chickens are home, roosting all over the place and defecating in every nook and cranny of the homestead. You tried to imitate the Democrats, but the REAL collectivists are now here and they have the power and you DO NOT. Such is the fate of those who forget their mandate and neglect the principles that makes them genuinely different than the opposition. The "me-too" Democratic Republicans are TRASHED, and I for one will enjoy the writhing corpse over the next few days.
"Pay him... pay that man his money"

#30 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

View Postneretva, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

Reverend Wright wanted it, now he's got it. God has damned America.Let the 2012 Presidential campaign begin. As the move to the left inevitably crashes and burns the economy, we can look forward to a proper Republican candidate in 2012 or perhaps even 2016. One who espouses proper laissez-faire capitalism and removal of an oppressive government from our daily lives.But until then: A societal cancer has metastasized this evening. We can only watch in horror as the train leaves the tracks and careens and cascades down the mountainside, rewarding the lazy and the mediocre at the expense of those with talent and drive. Who will now, by necessity, waste valuable time focusing their energies on protecting what is rightfully theirs through creative legal and economic means. I'm already devising my own personal strategies.To all the Republicans who allowed rampant statism and big government at the expense of abandoned and forgotten philosophical principles: The chickens are home, roosting all over the place and defecating in every nook and cranny of the homestead. You tried to imitate the Democrats, but the REAL collectivists are now here and they have the power and you DO NOT. Such is the fate of those who forget their mandate and neglect the principles that makes them genuinely different than the opposition. The "me-too" Democratic Republicans are TRASHED, and I for one will enjoy the writhing corpse over the next few days.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
-Kurt

#31 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:49 PM, said:

Nice sig. Glad to see you're taking the loss with some dignity.

View PostSuited_Up, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:56 PM, said:

LOL, I was gonna say something like that too.
I took it down.But only because the wife gave me shit.But look at you guys, the gloating, the slobbering. Kicking a guy when he's down. That's real dignified.You better pray he doesn't screw it up.We will be watching every step of the way.

F Cancer

#32 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

View Postneretva, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

Reverend Wright wanted it, now he's got it. God has damned America.etc
Speaking of losing with dignity....
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#33 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM, said:

I took it down.But only because the wife gave me shit.But look at you guys, the gloating, the slobbering. Kicking a guy when he's down. That's real dignified.You better pray he doesn't screw it up.We will be watching every step of the way.
I haven't seen any gloating, only bitching and complaining from the other side.
-Kurt

#34 Danny Dingleberry

Danny Dingleberry

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:omaha hi/lo

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

View PostAmScray, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:56 PM, said:

I agree. He is far more rational and thoughtful a man than most candidates in recent memory. Still, there is no escaping the fact that his philosophical framework is hard, hard left and even though he may pay lip service to "centrism", there's pretty much no argument about what kind of leopard lies beneath his carefully tailored spots.
http://www.political...a...il=on&ny=onreds under the bed much??

#35 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

lol at Jesse Jackson crying.Didn't he say he wanted to cut off Obama's nuts a while back?

F Cancer

#36 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,082 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:14 PM, said:

lol at Jesse Jackson crying.Didn't he say he wanted to cut off Obama's nuts a while back?
lol

#37 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:14 PM, said:

They were not tears of joy.

#38 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

View PostSuited_Up, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

I haven't seen any gloating, only bitching and complaining from the other side.
You ain't seen nothin' yet...enjoy your Hollywood fantasy while it lasts my friend.

F Cancer

#39 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Kicking? believe me, when I kick you'll know. I'm not a partisan hack like many (on both sides, btw) who frequent this forum, and I am only in very lukewarm support of Barrak Obama and would have only been mildly annoyed if McCain won.I learned one thing, after the bitter 2000 election, and that I don't really give a damn who's president any more. After that bitter, bitter battle, and after bush was finally declared winner, and finally elected, after me and my liberal ( and radical) friends wrung our hands and panicked and made semi-serious inquires about moving to canada.. I found out the most fascinating thing... my life went on, same as before. I still had the same bills, drove the same car, lived in the same house, failed to pray to the same nonexistant god, my life was extremely similar. And even, after all the things radical liberals blame bush for, after all the liberities he's taken with executive power, all the war's he's fought.. the amount him being president actually, directly effected my life was almost non-existent. So I don't get fired up for these things any more. I enjoy taking the piss out of people who do, how ever. I cared more about the cubs play off appearance than I did this election.and of course he's going to screw up. They all do. Since we can't elect saviors or robots, we're stuck with what we have, humans.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#40 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

You ain't seen nothin' yet...enjoy your Hollywood fantasy while it lasts my friend.
You make it sound like he's gonna be worse than Bush.Lets not forget, nobody has ever been that bad, ever. So I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the change, and so will you.
-Kurt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users