Jump to content


Elections Are Over


  • Please log in to reply
630 replies to this topic

#1 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

Looks like we have our first black president.I will give him my support and prayers as the new president.I will also refrain from speculating how bad he will run things barring any major screw ups ( like picking Kerry for Sec State ) until he gets his decisions implemented.I'm glad I'm in a country where I don't have to fear for my life ( just my money) when the other guy winsI'm also glad the COMMERCIALS ARE OVERI'm equally glad the phone calls will stop telling me why I need to give money to stop the liberal agenda that threatens to destroy this country. ( I bet some of you got the same phone call except you were needed to stop the religious right )And I've had a good time with many of you who even though I disagree with, I've admired your ability to defend your ideas. Some of you of course are just idiots, but many of you are fine examples of how being wrong, doesn't make you bad.Now maybe we can all sit back, watch George W. Bush show the kind of class that a fine man can show and hand over the reigns of power to Obama.May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#2 x Swift x

x Swift x

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Very well put, for what its worth had a great time reading your posts.

#3 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#4 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:24 PM, said:

Posted Image
...says the guy from Canada.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#5 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 9:08 PM, said:

Looks like we have our first black president.I will give him my support and prayers as the new president.I will also refrain from speculating how bad he will run things barring any major screw ups ( like picking Kerry for Sec State ) until he gets his decisions implemented.I'm glad I'm in a country where I don't have to fear for my life ( just my money) when the other guy winsI'm also glad the COMMERCIALS ARE OVERI'm equally glad the phone calls will stop telling me why I need to give money to stop the liberal agenda that threatens to destroy this country. ( I bet some of you got the same phone call except you were needed to stop the religious right )And I've had a good time with many of you who even though I disagree with, I've admired your ability to defend your ideas. Some of you of course are just idiots, but many of you are fine examples of how being wrong, doesn't make you bad.Now maybe we can all sit back, watch George W. Bush show the kind of class that a fine man can show and hand over the reigns of power to Obama.May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.
Totally agree with everything, especially the bolded.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#6 gobears

gobears

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 6,096 posts
  • Location:Los Gatos, CA

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

Classy as always BG - I'll just copy your phrase since you said it so well.May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#7 AmScray

AmScray

    Honk

  • Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:24 PM, said:

Posted Image
Obama looks genuinely happy in that picture; very different from the traditional "smile and say cheese" handshake line snapshot. Maybe a bit 'more' of a poker player than we knew?
Posted Image

#8 James D

James D

    not on twitter

  • Members
  • 4,376 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

Here here! I have every confidence that America, and the rest of the world, is now in safe hands!

#9 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

The Democrats have really gotten everything they wanted. President. With a decent voter mandate it looks like. Bunch of pickups in house and senate. More governors. More state legislature. (They can gerrymander in 2010 if they wish)Now, is the Dems one big chance to show what they can do. Be careful what you wish for.....if they blow it the GOP will have a field day for decades.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#10 vonteego3

vonteego3

    Putting dogs ahead of people since 2005

  • Members
  • 2,512 posts
  • Location:Leon Valley, TX

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

I gotta say, it's gonna be nice going to work in the morning knowing that I have a new boss.

#11 AmScray

AmScray

    Honk

  • Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:40 PM, said:

The Democrats have really gotten everything they wanted. President. With a decent voter mandate it looks like. Bunch of pickups in house and senate. More governors. More state legislature. (They can gerrymander in 2010 if they wish)Now, is the Dems one big chance to show what they can do. Be careful what you wish for.....if they blow it the GOP will have a field day for decades.
The gravest mistake they could possibly make is to delude themselves into believing that this was a mandate on leftist politics and that they now have political capital to "Roosevelt up" America. This was unquestionably a vote AGAINST a total disgrace of a Republican party that has been ****ing up America for the past 6 years. It was not a vote "for" traditional Democratic politics.
Posted Image

#12 x Swift x

x Swift x

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

View PostAmScray, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008, 3:43 AM, said:

The gravest mistake they could possibly make is to delude themselves into believing that this was a mandate on leftist politics and that they now have political capital to "Roosevelt up" America. This was unquestionably a vote AGAINST a total disgrace of a Republican party that has been ****ing up America for the past 6 years. It was not a vote "for" traditional Democratic politics.
True just gotta hope the Dems can take it in the right direction

#13 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:48 PM

View PostAmScray, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 7:43 PM, said:

The gravest mistake they could possibly make is to delude themselves into believing that this was a mandate on leftist politics and that they now have political capital to "Roosevelt up" America. This was unquestionably a vote AGAINST a total disgrace of a Republican party that has been ****ing up America for the past 6 years. It was not a vote "for" traditional Democratic politics.
probably.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#14 Southern Buddhist

Southern Buddhist

    I take easygoing to the extreme

  • Members
  • 1,783 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Buddhism, NASCAR, Shakespeare, _Futurama_, and poker. No kidding. Someday I plan to corner the market on freaky unrelated interests, and then I'll take over the world.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!WHOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!This is unlike any election day I've ever seen in my lifetime. People packing Times Square just to watch CNN on the video display, a million people expected in Grant Park in Chicago and even here in my small town, a sense of hope and excitement and involvement I've truly never seen before.And in other "news"... I'm back, babies!Nothing kept me away, really, just a lot of reading, editing my book, watching debates and news obsessively, and, oh yeah, playing my very first ever game of poker! I'll post a little story about that in GenPo soon. I've been learning it and watching it for a while and finally decided I needed to put my money down on the table.

#15 Loismustdie

Loismustdie

    What year is this?

  • Members
  • 7,236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

Well said, BG. It's in God's hands now. I love this country. Hopefully God still does as well.
So much for a comeback.

#16 irishguy

irishguy

    Your weakness is disgusting to me.

  • Members
  • 1,493 posts
  • Location:London, Ont

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

You are a classy guy BG, nice post.
gmanshade owes me $500: Since July 6th, 2009 and counting.....


#17 SAM_Hard8

SAM_Hard8

    Mr. Aniston, FCP Right Wing Whacko

  • Members
  • 29,585 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Jennifer Aniston
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.

My blog
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

QUOTE (Mercury69 @ Monday, December 20th, 2010, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't we all just parasites living on God's frozen turdballs anyway? Every time God takes a shit, a new galaxy is born. The Milky Way is just a bad case of diarrhea.



#18 navybuttons

navybuttons

    What?

  • Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 7:08 PM, said:

May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.
and this

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:12 PM, said:

God Bless America.

if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#19 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

    Ending the world one proton at a time

  • Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manhattan
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

Obama won, but this isn't the end, of course, it's the beginning. The ball is in his court now. The hard part's just beginning. He made the hype. Now he has to live up to the hype. I think he has a good chance to be a great president, but only he can step up and be that man. For all of our sake and for the sake of our country, I hope he is as good a president as many believe he can be.God Bless America.

#20 crowTrobot

crowTrobot

    the hands of satan assembling his flock

  • Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 8:08 PM, said:

Looks like we have our first black president.I will give him my support and prayers as the new president.I will also refrain from speculating how bad he will run things barring any major screw ups ( like picking Kerry for Sec State ) until he gets his decisions implemented.I'm glad I'm in a country where I don't have to fear for my life ( just my money) when the other guy winsI'm also glad the COMMERCIALS ARE OVERI'm equally glad the phone calls will stop telling me why I need to give money to stop the liberal agenda that threatens to destroy this country. ( I bet some of you got the same phone call except you were needed to stop the religious right )And I've had a good time with many of you who even though I disagree with, I've admired your ability to defend your ideas. Some of you of course are just idiots, but many of you are fine examples of how being wrong, doesn't make you bad.Now maybe we can all sit back, watch George W. Bush show the kind of class that a fine man can show and hand over the reigns of power to Obama.May God grant Obama wisdom to make the best decisions for this country and may he lead our country into peace and prosperity, and may God protect him and his family during the next 4 years.
gonna say the same thing about al franken? :club:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users