Having A Lot And Facing A Shove With Aa

Alright. Villain is a complete donk. Has shoved the twice in this session with his massive stack. He is running 60/5/1.3 over 81Hero has been playing TAG running 20/11/1.1 over 81 PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($24.15)UTG ($16.45)Hero (MP) ($27.95)CO ($9.60)Button ($10.45)SB ($13.25)Preflop: Hero is MP with Aheart.gif, Aclub.gifUTG raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, 3 folds, BB calls $1.30, UTG calls $1Flop: ($4.25) 9spade.gif, 8club.gif, 2heart.gif(3 players)BB bets $22.75 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero is confused

insta-fistpump-snapcallEven though we're so deep, villain just turns up with so much retarded shit and villain seems to be too stupid to actually hold a mouse and press buttons. An AF of 1.3 with a VPIP of 60 is pretty damn significant too. Has his shoves earlier been called? What kind of boards have they been? Is he donkish enough to shove his 9-8 here and immediately expect a call?
crossposted from the challenge thread. Also, do you have aim/msn? feel free to add me, we ought to do a sweat session sometime :club:
BB bets $22.75 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero is confused
AT $5NL this is always some retarded hand like KQ / AJ that missed and expects you to have missed on that board too. I can't see $10NL being much different, call.
Alright. Villain is a complete donk. Has shoved the twice in this session with his massive stack. He is running 60/5/1.3 over 81Hero has been playing TAG running 20/11/1.1 over 81 PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($24.15)UTG ($16.45)Hero (MP) ($27.95)CO ($9.60)Button ($10.45)SB ($13.25)Preflop: Hero is MP with Aheart.gif, Aclub.gifUTG raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, 3 folds, BB calls $1.30, UTG calls $1Flop: ($4.25) 9spade.gif, 8club.gif, 2heart.gif(3 players)BB bets $22.75 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero is confused
I don't see a fold here at all if he's shoved twice this session. Guess it kind of depends on how long the "session" has been and what he's showed when he shoved before.
Did he show down any of the hands he pushed before?
Not once within the session. He started off with around 48 when I sat at the table. Both the times he open shoved the flop it was a paired board. My only question is that b/c we are sickly deep at this point are we risking too much with a pair?
Not once within the session. He started off with around 48 when I sat at the table. Both the times he open shoved the flop it was a paired board. My only question is that b/c we are sickly deep at this point are we risking too much with a pair?
If he had 48 when you sat down that likely means he doubled a couple of times before you arrived, which suggests a "strategy" of pushing and praying. But I have to admit I'm a bit concerned about 88/99 here. Another stat that would be helpful is his call open %, since he did call a UTG raise and early position reraise in the BB. VPIP of 60 doesn't necessarly suggest a wide calling range in this spot. Based on that stat you might be able to eliminate non-paired hands worse than AK from his range.
Nah, even a complete donk is betting for value with a set here unless the villain has seen something the hero did that we don't know about.
We have a guy who has a pattern of open shoving into small pots on the flop so he can easily take advantage of that image when he does flop big.
We have a guy who has a pattern of open shoving into small pots on the flop so he can easily take advantage of that image when he does flop big.
Egggsactly my point. More often than not, villain is doing more "set up" up here rather than just flopped big. Or he could have just gone berserk with KK QQ JJ TT. Overpairs make people do weird shit. I've seen this move a lot ... villain is banking on the fact that hero is MORE likely to hold foldable AK AQ AJ JJ TT QQ 99 JT or any other random pocket pairs than he is the "unfoldable" AA or KK or set. We call this shove 10 times out of 10 I'm convinced we make money 75% of the time.

Sure, if you call it 10/10 times statistically speaking he'll only have the set once. The other 9 times you'll double through him.Out of curiosity, would you still make the call holding KK instead of AA? How about QQ?