Ask The Lobster any questions that you could possibly have here.Mainly concerning POKER, but also concerning other, more life-involved things as well.First and foremost, how did you go from struggling at lower levels to absolutely crushing 200nl and 400nl in such a short period of time?Why is Pittsburgh the best city in the world?

Please, everyone, serious replies only!
Why did you choose "The Lobster" as your nameWhy do people still want to vote for the Republicans after the last 8 yearsWhat is it like living near Mark and getting to see him occasionally in real life?

What is it like knowing Mark "NoSup4U" in real life?Also, Mark, as I know you will read this thread, what is it like knowing Mr. Lobster in real life?I only know you both as the people who live in my computer, I'd like to know what it is like knowing you in real life.

I must go to sleep now, but if this thread hasn't been deleted when I wake up, I will answer all of your burning questions. :club:
Please, everyone, serious replies only!

What did it feel like getting to 1k posts on FCP?If you could give one piece of advice to people who were trying to move up the limits, what would it be?What was the one single best piece of advice you received moving up?What do you do for a living?What would it take for you to quit your job and turn pro/make your living off of poker?Did you think about quitting at all when you had that 10K month?

+1 for poker story/moving up stuff pleaseWhere did you get your avatar?Is having lobsters better than having crabs?

Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that, if you shoot it, it will blow up?What's spiderman like when he's just relaxing around his web?Does Tom Cruise really have a glass eye?Have you ever eatten a poker card and/or chip for "just the helluvit?"

looooooooolll. Everyone that doesn't read the challenge thread is probably like, who the heck is the Lobster! :)Bob is super awesome in real life imo.I have no idea how he got to 1000 posts so fast. Maybe he posts in that really big off topic thread or something also?Mark

Should I throw you in a pot of boiling water, or put you in a pot of cold water and slowly raise the temperature until boiling?Rawr!

What did it feel like getting to 1k posts on FCP?If you could give one piece of advice to people who were trying to move up the limits, what would it be?What was the one single best piece of advice you received moving up?What do you do for a living?What would it take for you to quit your job and turn pro/make your living off of poker?Did you think about quitting at all when you had that 10K month?
We'll start here since it has a lot of the same questions. King you are still crazy, lol.Poker story - Started playing like everyone else after the Moneymaker boom at UB and Party Poker playing Tourneys and 1/2 and 2/4 Limit (and did ok, I think I cashed out once... I don't remember for sure, lol). Then I found NL at Pokerstars... and I deposited $200 or $300 a few too many time more than I would like to remember.Fast forward to end of '07 - after being busto again on PS, I closed a decent real estate deal and deposited $500 on AP in August (it is no secret I play there... flame away if you will...). Lost all but like $80 by December, and I decided I either needed to figure out how to play this damn game or quit, because by now I was probably down $3k+ lifetime online. Up until this point, I was your standard 'Gah why does someone as good as me keep getting sucked out on?' fish. But now I finally realized this. So I decided I would not play for an entire month, bought a couple poker books, joined CR, developed a little poker Curriculum that I would do every day and try to get better. Started playing 25nl at the end of January w/ my $80 (I would have deposited more if I busto'd, but I figured I'd lose what I had first). Instead I ran it up to over $500 in about a month or two. Fast forward a couple months to May and I am up like 6k on the month, my best month ever, take a shot at a weak 3/6 table (I am all about good table selecting and looking up a level to look for weak games) and proceed to run KK<AA, then the next hand I get it in w/ AK and villain shows up w/ AA of course and then I tilt off another BI. That sent me reeling and I gave back almost all of my profit over the next couple weeks and caused another re-evaluation period. With help from a lot of people on this Forum, I got things straightened away in July and then went on to have my 10k month in August.I know I am leaving out a lot of stuff, but that is the basics.What do I do for a living? ....ummm.... lol that is a good question. :club: I graduated from ASU in '04 as an Industrial Designer (product design) and worked at a consultancy until Jan '07 after realizing that job wasn't for me. So I lined up some design work on my own, and decided to become a Realtor in the awesome market that is Phoenix (I also lined up a couple clients for this, otherwise I wouldn't have probably). During this time I also was a loan officer and day trader. Well, almost as soon as I started doing it, the company I was doing design work for fired everyone who wanted me around, so that work went away. And over the first 12 months as a Realtor, I had over $50k of commissions that went away through no fault of my own (engaged couples breaking up right as we were getting ready to sign a contract - this happened 2x btw, lol - , close friends promising me business and going behind my back to someone else, etc).By the time this past August rolled around, I was basically at a 'I really need to start making consistent $$, what the hell should I do' phase in my life, so I figured I'm just going to try seriously playing poker and seeing what happens. Luckily I ran ok and that worked out decently for me. I still do design work on the side (and recently I haven't had time to play poker since I have been so busy with that).So what do I do for a living? Right now, basically anything that I can make $$ at, lol. Although in 6 months I would like to say 'I play poker for a living'.
Honest question: What levels did you start at to build up a roll to sustain those current levels?
Kinda answered this w/ my last response. I think... :club:
Why did you choose "The Lobster" as your nameWhy do people still want to vote for the Republicans after the last 8 yearsWhat is it like living near Mark and getting to see him occasionally in real life?
My sister started calling me Bob Lobster when I was a youngin' because I had this little lobster toy I would take with me everywhere (don't ask, lol), and it just kinda stuck. Although she is the only one who still calls me that.I am not going to touch politics here...
What is it like knowing Mark "NoSup4U" in real life?Also, Mark, as I know you will read this thread, what is it like knowing Mr. Lobster in real life?I only know you both as the people who live in my computer, I'd like to know what it is like knowing you in real life.
Basically, Mark is dreamy, everyone should be jealous. :ts No, he is a really good guy, and I think I first came to FCP to follow his status in the WSOP event. (Then lurked for a year before finally signing up for an account) We used to play a semi-regular home game (what happened to that btw Mark? did we just bust all the fish? lol ), and he has been great in helping me get better, giving me advice, etc.

BTW, just let me say of course I realize I am the most mediocre player ever who has had a pseudo Well. I know there are players at levels under where I am playing who have a better grasp of poker and are better overall players, etc.But since I did get legit ?s I will answer them. :club:

Favourite Hand?How does variance work?Thanks
Used to be Q6s, now I don't really have one (although my HEM DB says I make a lot of $$ w/ AA, so maybe that one :club: )And ha to the 2nd question.
What is the best type of lobster?a. West Australianb. South Africanc. New Zealandd. Maine
I've only had Maine... so let's go with New Zeland.
Where did you get your avatar?Is having lobsters better than having crabs?
Stole it from someone over at 2p2.Frankly, I don't think you want either.
Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that, if you shoot it, it will blow up?What's spiderman like when he's just relaxing around his web?Does Tom Cruise really have a glass eye?Have you ever eatten a poker card and/or chip for "just the helluvit?"
Yes, it is right next to... oh wait, I shouldn't be divulging this info on the interwebz...I've never met the man, but I hear Superman is a pompous prick in real life.No?No.
looooooooolll. Everyone that doesn't read the challenge thread is probably like, who the heck is the Lobster! :)Bob is super awesome in real life imo.I have no idea how he got to 1000 posts so fast. Maybe he posts in that really big off topic thread or something also?Mark
1k posts in 15 months is a lot?
Why do you eat at Arbys when there's Panda Express?
Because Panda (while delish) needs to be saved for special occasions because I always eat so much and feel sick afterwards.
FYP
Filet.
Should I throw you in a pot of boiling water, or put you in a pot of cold water and slowly raise the temperature until boiling?Rawr!
Cold. It gives me time to make a superhero-esque escape.
1.) Wat brought you to FCP? 2.) as like others, why 'The Lobster'?
I have always liked the little arm in your picture. :club: