37 replies to this topic

#1 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:stud8

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

any pacer fans on the forums??I am pretty excited for this year, we are on our way back.

#2 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:short handed pot limit omaha

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

I am from Indiana and have always been a pretty big pacer fan. However, in recent years I have hated the way the team played. I am pretty excited about this years team and think we can be competitive in the Eastern Conference.
You can get free stuff just for signing up for an online poker room http://www.pokersource.com/?rc=whatsupma3

#3 jmkiser

jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

hooray! Pacer's thread :)I grew up on Reggie Miller. The brawl was awesome.That is all for now. (I'm cautiously optimistic for this year, but I honestly believe we need another 2 years to get back into contention)
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#4 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:17 AM

we still have some bad contracts, but if you watched last year, we were in a position to win so many games that we lost in the final 5 minutes of the game without our starting pg who will remain nameless, and jermaine Oneal. now that everyone is here healthy ready to go, i definitely believe the Pacers are going to be the surprise team

#5 SGFULTON83

SGFULTON83

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

Indiana Pacers need Reggie Miller back and being a surprise team in the East isn't that difficult, just finish above .500 and surprise you are in the playoffs.

#6 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

View PostSGFULTON83, on Monday, October 20th, 2008, 7:21 AM, said:

Indiana Pacers need Reggie Miller back and being a surprise team in the East isn't that difficult, just finish above .500 and surprise you are in the playoffs.
This is exactly how I feel.Surprise! We're back in the playoffs because we had a mediocre year.I really really feel like we're 2 years away from top 4 contention in the east (as long as we keep healthy and don't tank on the basics).I think a huge boost would be a name player to really rally around. Who knows? Maybe Hibbert will turn into an all-star post player?One thing is for sure, I am extremely excited that Larry Bird is at the helm. What he did as our coach was nothing short of great and I would rather have him take time and shape the team for a few years then to try and be the best crappy team over and over again.I'm patiently excited about our future :club: I really wish I was back in Indiana so I could get some season tickets and help get our fans back in the seats.
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#7 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

hopefully we can have a good draft for a change

#8 Graydon

Graydon

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Pacer fan since the days of Reggie Miller and his great book "I Love Being the Enemy".

#9 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

my favorite memory of reggie was him giving the choking sign to spike lee

#10 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

Aren't you a Knicks fan Ifold?

#11 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Tuesday, October 21st, 2008, 12:15 AM, said:

Aren't you a Knicks fan Ifold?
no i am actually a celtics fan, since they wont the title last year, and are the most prestigous franchise

#12 All_In

All_In

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Golf, Poker, Guitar, Poker, etc...

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

had the 9th pick in a 10 team H2H, 9-cat league...took granger.
I don't need to be a global citizen because I'm blessed by nationality I'm member of a growing populace we enforce our popularity I feel sorry for the earth's population 'cuz so few live in the U.S.A. At least the foreigners can copy our morality they can visit but they cannot stay Only precious few can garner the prosperity it makes us walk with renewed confidence He's the farmers barren fields the force the army wields The expression in the faces of the starving millions The power of the man he's the fuel that drives the clan He's the motive and conscience of the murderer He's the preacher on t.v. the false sincerity The form letter that's written by the big computers He's the nuclear bombs and the kids with no moms

#13 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

Just finished watching my Pacers 4 dvd box set of best playoff games.... ****, I miss Reggie. To Spike Lee :: grabs own throat :: CHOOOOOOOKE!!!BUT, I'm excited for next season. I don't think the draft will matter too much for us (other then Griffin going to whoever the first pick is).It's a perfect time for Hibbert and Rush to grow as our team builds back up. 2 other things,What is going to happen with Tinsley?I heard Dunleavy was coming back in January. Will the injury change him?

#14 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

View Postjmkiser, on Saturday, May 9th, 2009, 1:58 AM, said:

Just finished watching my Pacers 4 dvd box set of best playoff games.... ****, I miss Reggie. To Spike Lee :: grabs own throat :: CHOOOOOOOKE!!!BUT, I'm excited for next season. I don't think the draft will matter too much for us (other then Griffin going to whoever the first pick is).It's a perfect time for Hibbert and Rush to grow as our team builds back up. 2 other things,What is going to happen with Tinsley?I heard Dunleavy was coming back in January. Will the injury change him?
i gotta think we are getting rid of dunleavy once he gets back, i prefer both quis, and rush to him. tinsley is interesting i am sure they will trade him as well if there is any interest. i am just hoping the pacers can get a high enough pick to draft ricky rubio

#15 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

The Pacers summer league team went 5-0 at the Orlando summer league. Roy Hibbert was the MVP of the league avering 20 points and 9 rebounds a game. Hansbrough made first team all summer league along with hibert. I wouldnt get too excited if I were a Pacers fan though, Travis Deiner once scored 34 points in a summer game. Atleast it is a step in the right direction.
You can get free stuff just for signing up for an online poker room http://www.pokersource.com/?rc=whatsupma3

#16 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

Pacers have now won 4 in a row! Mike Dunleavy has also started practicing with the team... great news for the Pacers.

#17 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

View PostCanary3, on Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 2:07 PM, said:

Pacers have now won 4 in a row! Mike Dunleavy has also started practicing with the team... great news for the Pacers.
most definitely, now if we can get murph and jeff healthy

#18 SAM_Hard8

SAM_Hard8

Mr. Aniston, FCP Right Wing Whacko

• Members
  • 29,585 posts
  • Interests:Jennifer Aniston
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hi.
My blog
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

QUOTE (Mercury69 @ Monday, December 20th, 2010, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't we all just parasites living on God's frozen turdballs anyway? Every time God takes a shit, a new galaxy is born. The Milky Way is just a bad case of diarrhea.

#19 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

View PostSAM_Hard8, on Monday, November 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM, said:

Hi.
hello! The Pacers have now won 5 in a row! If we can get healthy, we might win 45 games this year!

#20 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

View PostCanary3, on Tuesday, November 17th, 2009, 9:54 PM, said:

hello! The Pacers have now won 5 in a row! If we can get healthy, we might win 45 games this year!
thinkin 79

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users