1151 replies to this topic

#41 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

Should I buy this? I have seen the infomerical like 10 times and I am seriously considering buying this thing.Posted Image
if you're a single guy, there's nothing wrong with that, but you're better off learning how to cook properly. It isn't much harder.I saw the commercial for that, and thought the food wells, where the cooking is done, seem very small. I think you'd be better off with a George Foreman type grill.
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#42 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:35 AM

View PostLadyGrey, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 7:46 AM, said:

I didn't say "no attention", I said little. If you think pouring in stock and stirring it is every 5 minutes is challenging, then you are a moron.
If you think making a good risotto is as easy as pouring in stock and stirring every 5 minutes, either you don't make good risotto or you're such an expert at it by now that you forgot how easy it is for a beginner to fuck up. I'm guessing you know what you're doing...I'm just writing this for the 20 year old out there who might read this and believe you that it's just that easy, plan on making a batch for his girlfriend on valentine's day, and then feed her some disgustingly crunchy, mooshy (mushy?), watery, or mortary (if that's a word) piece of shit, causing her to break up with him on the spot before going on and banging his best friend that very night, after which of course he'd put his suicide on youtube with a last message stating something along the lines of "IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY!"You don't want that on your head, do you? DO YOU?
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#43 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

Oh, and I just bought a juiceman juicer on ebay for 18 bucks including shipping...go me.Any recipes would be appreciated. Obviously I'll probably only use it a few times, but I'm very excited for those few times.

#44 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

NY Strip SteakMexican RiceTequila Shrimp FlambeDinner for two.Steak:2 12 OZ thick cut NY Strips SteakPut 3-4 slits in the steak with a pairing knife and insert a clove of garlic into eachSeason:Kosher SaltPepperPaprikaChili PowderCuminGrill or BBQ on high heat.Mexican Rice2 Cups White Rice1 Sliced onion1 can 8 0z El Pato Mexican Tomato Sauce El Pato (If you don't like spicy use half can)1 6 oz can of tomato paste 2 cups of water1 Chicken bouillon cube1/4 olive oilBananaSour CreamBrown the rice in a large sauce pan along with the onions. 2-3 minutes. Dissolve the bouillon cube in the water. Add the El Pato, the tomato paste and the water cover simmer for ~20 minutes. (If your timing is off, you can always add a bit more water and let it sit longer)Tequila Shrimp1lb 16-20 count shrimp1 cup Heavy cream1/4 cup Chopped parsley1/4 cup Chopped cilantro1/4 cup chopped scallions1/4 cup olive oil1/2 cup butter1/2 cup good white tequila (stronger the better)tblspn honeyrinse and de-shit your shrimp, pat dry. Coat in honey and the same spices as the steak. Bring pan to medium heat dissolve the butter then add the oil. Add the shrimp and scallions and saute until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add the tequila and flambe (if you have a gas range you can just tilt the pan and it will light, if you have electric you will need a lighter. Be careful and don't have the fan on, it will suck the flam up). Once the flame is almost all coocked down add the cream, parsley and cilantro. Finish cooking 2 more minute until sauce comes to a boil.To serve.Plate the steak and drizzle shrimp and sauce over the steak. Plate the rice and add chopped bananas and sour cream. (Everyone cringes when I tell them this, even I did when my mother in law showed me the recipe. It is about the best thing ever, so try it). You can additional garnish with the cilantro.

#45 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,378 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

Halibut?Go!
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#46 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 3:48 PM, said:

Halibut?Go!
Grilled or baked?

#47 Dawson Leery

Dawson Leery

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Joey Potter

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

I got some brats that I want to cut up and put in some pasta. What's the best way to cook them? We have a shitty charcoal grill so I'm thinking put them on like a skillet and cook them like that, any suggestions? The eggs were decent and I last night I stuffed one of the chicks that came over and ate them
QUOTE (El Guapo @ Saturday, April 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL. Dawson doesn't use condoms. He is immune to STD's and has impeccable control over his sperm as to only impregnate on command.

#48 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,378 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 3:49 PM, said:

Grilled or baked?
Silly question.Man cook outside with fire.Women cook inside with magic box.But just in case do both since I like when the wife bakes something
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#49 Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise

shot down in a blaze of glory

• Members
  • 6,833 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:cuddling

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

View PostDawson Leery, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 6:52 PM, said:

I got some brats that I want to cut up and put in some pasta. What's the best way to cook them? We have a shitty charcoal grill so I'm thinking put them on like a skillet and cook them like that, any suggestions? The eggs were decent and I last night I stuffed one of the chicks that came over and ate them
you're such a whore.
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, June 15th, 2009, 9:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody who dies of Swine Flu is just a faggot.

#50 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

View PostDawson Leery, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 3:52 PM, said:

1. High five2. Skillet should be fine. Try to get them semi crispy on the outside, but not too tough. Grill would be better, but firing up a BBQ for just some brats seems like too much work.

View PostBalloon guy, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 3:53 PM, said:

Silly question.Man cook outside with fire.Women cook inside with magic box.But just in case do both since I like when the wife bakes something
Actually you can do both on the grill or bake it.Halibut covered in lemon aioli. (you need a food processor or a strong right arm)Aioli:2 egg yolksJuice of 2 lemons (or lime your choice)~ 1 cup really good extra virgin olive oil2 tblspoon shallots2 garlic cloves1/4 cup scallionssalt pepper1 tspn honeyAdd everything but the oil into a food processor and blend, once the blending begins slowly drizzle in the olive oil (most food processors have a spot to do this, if not you could use a blender). This will emulsify the egg with the oil and bring in the flavors, once it is like a runny mayonnaise consistency its done.Salt and pepper the halibut to your liking, place on a large sheet of foil, spread the aioli all over the halibut and then close the tin foil around the fish, leaving a little space between the fish and top so some steam can build up. Grill or bake for 10-20 minutes depending on thickness of fish.I would serve it with some olive oil drizzled grilled asparagus (al dente) and some brown or wild rice.

#51 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 3:44 PM, said:

Halibut covered in lemon aioli. (you need a food processor or a strong right arm)
See, BG? God DOES want you to jerk off constantly, just for times like this.

#52 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

View PostDawson Leery, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 6:52 PM, said:

The best idea for cooking sausages in tomato sauce (italian is better, by the way) is like EG said, fairly high heat, get some colour on the outside but not cooked all the way through. Slice them and let them cook in the sauce for a couple hours..just keep it on a low simmer. This way some of the sauce flavour is absorbed by the sausages.If you're going to serve them in pasta right away, make sure they're cooked all the way through.

My New Blog

#53 jmkiser

jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Hahah, I've got a funny challenge for you :)I've got 34 packets of Top Ramen in Chicken, Beef, and Shrimp. I've got 1 can of Chef Boyardee S&Meatballs. I have 1 packet of popcorn. I have 30 hotdogs, 1 packet of bologna, and 48 slices of cheese in the fridge.I'm eating off this for awhile until my first paycheck at my new job. Make up some interesting recipes and ways to cook these ingredients. Typical accessories and spices are around.22 year old food lifestyles! GO!Also, feel free to add other cheap college recipes :)Edit: I've also got a dozen eggs
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#54 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

View Postjmkiser, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 8:58 PM, said:

Hahah, I've got a funny challenge for you :)I've got 34 packets of Top Ramen in Chicken, Beef, and Shrimp. I've got 1 can of Chef Boyardee S&Meatballs. I have 1 packet of popcorn. I have 30 hotdogs, 1 packet of bologna, and 48 slices of cheese in the fridge.I'm eating off this for awhile until my first paycheck at my new job. Make up some interesting recipes and ways to cook these ingredients. Typical accessories and spices are around.22 year old food lifestyles! GO!Also, feel free to add other cheap college recipes :club:
Just so your not waiting, this most likely isn't going to happen. I have had top ramen like 5 times in my life, I have never had chef boyardee, popcorns popcorn. BBQ up the dogs, give the bologna to your dog and get some bread and make some grilled cheese.

#55 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

View Postjmkiser, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 7:58 PM, said:

Hahah, I've got a funny challenge for you :)I've got 34 packets of Top Ramen in Chicken, Beef, and Shrimp. I've got 1 can of Chef Boyardee S&Meatballs. I have 1 packet of popcorn. I have 30 hotdogs, 1 packet of bologna, and 48 slices of cheese in the fridge.I'm eating off this for awhile until my first paycheck at my new job. Make up some interesting recipes and ways to cook these ingredients. Typical accessories and spices are around.22 year old food lifestyles! GO!Also, feel free to add other cheap college recipes :club:
Make your Beef Ramen. Drain. Add cheese. Microwave. Cheeseburger Macaroni. Add sliced hot dogs if desired.

#56 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

View Postjmkiser, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 9:58 PM, said:

Cook a couple dogs. Then fry up a slice of bologna for each dog. When the bologna is almost done slap some cheese on it and wrap it around the dog.I gagged no less than three times while typing that.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#57 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 9:06 PM, said:

Just so your not waiting, this most likely isn't going to happen. I have had top ramen like 5 times in my life, I have never had chef boyardee, popcorns popcorn. BBQ up the dogs, give the bologna to your dog and get some bread and make some grilled cheese.
Yeah, I figured it wasn't much. Just kind of wanted to add a sub-topic within a decent thread. College cooking! :PAnd screw the dog! That bologna is mine!
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#58 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

View Posthank213, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 8:11 PM, said:

Cook a couple dogs. Then fry up a slice of bologna for each dog. When the bologna is almost done slap some cheese on it and wrap it around the dog.I gagged no less than three times while typing that.
I mean...that's just a hot dog wrapped in another hot dog.Which, now that I think about it, is awesome.

#59 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

View Postspeedz99, on Monday, October 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

I mean...that's just a hot dog wrapped in another hot dog.Which, now that I think about it, is awesome.
pure beef only, i assume.

My New Blog

#60 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

View Posthank213, on Sunday, October 5th, 2008, 9:11 PM, said:

Brilliant :PKeep blowing out my mind (i.e. dividing by zero)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users