#41 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

View Postjohns76222, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 4:35 PM, said:

Looks like you are gettin' a little nervous there Daniel. Obama is on tilt and bluffing his stack off as fast as Phil Ivey did last month at the Bike in the 10K. A few thoughts.1) I wouldn't worry about Biden being the gaffe machine -- I would be more worried about Obama the Gaffe Machine as he is quickly sealing his fate into the political grave over the last two weeks. Everything he has tried recently has backfired (rightfully so).2) The media has attacked Palin in the lowest of ways. If I was her I would tell the slime at CNN and MSNBC to go F*&k themselves after what they did to her and her family. Interview ??? Forget it.3) Palin has decided to be kind and will be on ABC news soon for an interview. 4) You are not legally allowed to vote in this nation so why should any American consider anything you say ? Because you are a good poker player ?? :ts :D :D :4h By the Daniel -- I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Enlighten Americans about the man who after being on a waiting list for several weeks in the Canadian Health Care system for a hip operation gave up due to severe pain, flew to India and $4500 later had the operation to fix it. Or .... educate us on the lady who had breast cancer and ended up on a waiting list to see an oncologist only to miss her appointment when it finally came her turn. Why did she miss the appointment ??? She died a few days earlier. Perhaps you would like to educate all of us Americans on the great Health Care system in Canada that Obama wants our country to adopt as our very own. (e.g. Centralized Government control over our health) Great News Daniel -- Got some good dirt for you to tell Obama --- Let him know that Sarah Palin's youngest daughter went to the dentist today and was found to have a cavity. He can use it in his next speech to insinuate that Sarah is a rotten mother.
Or the head of the household in Cochrane who was in constant pain and out of work for a year and a half waiting for a knee replacement, so his 50 something wife had to get a supermarket job to meet the payments on their condo without totally draining their savings. Or the OHA player who tore his ACL threatening his hockey career and faced a 6 month minimum wait for regular surgery, as much as a year for a scope, so his parents mortaged their home and he had it scoped in Cleveland.Oh, yes...just anectdotal evidence, my son happened to billet with the only Canadians having problems with the system. But it least its "Freeeeeeee". :club:

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#42 Nimue1995

Nimue1995

Mrs Obvious

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'em

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 5:58 PM, said:

Or the head of the household in Cochrane who was in constant pain and out of work for a year and a half waiting for a knee replacement, so his 50 something wife had to get a supermarket job to meet the payments on their condo without totally draining their savings. Or the OHA player who tore his ACL threatening his hockey career and faced a 6 month minimum wait for regular surgery, as much as a year for a scope, so his parents mortaged their home and he had it scoped in Cleveland.Oh, yes...just anectdotal evidence, my son happened to billet with the only Canadians having problems with the system. But it least its "Freeeeeeee". :club:
I have a Canadian friend living in Toronto and his family has had several major medical problems and never had a problem getting to see a doctor or getting into an ER. Of course that's only anectdotal evidence too.
What do you like to do for fun?

Play poker
think up political posts to make in Daniel's Blog to drive LMD crazy,lol.

#43 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

View PostJeepster80125, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM, said:

What a stupid post Daniel.You really believe that Palin and the GOP are the only ones whose speeches are pre-written?How can you make this thread in good faith? It's absurd to go after Palin-McCain for this reason, especially because BHO doesn't write his own material.Do you realize how much of a hypocrite you look like here?
Don't twist my words! Obama, McCain, and Biden have done many interviews that weren't scripted. She has not, as of yet. And yes, since I can't stand her I want to see her screw up badly and show the world who she really is. I realize that speeches and even debates are scripted, duh, that's NOT what I'm referring to. I want to see her squirm on a televised interview. I want to see her continue to try and lie about the bridge to nowhere, I want her to answer publicly why she is against sex education and birth control. I want the American public to see just how out of touch her views are with the majority of Americans.
Posted Image

#44 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:15 PM, said:

Don't twist my words! Obama, McCain, and Biden have done many interviews that weren't scripted. She has not, as of yet. And yes, since I can't stand her I want to see her screw up badly and show the world who she really is. I realize that speeches and even debates are scripted, duh, that's NOT what I'm referring to. I want to see her squirm on a televised interview. I want to see her continue to try and lie about the bridge to nowhere, I want her to answer publicly why she is against sex education and birth control. I want the American public to see just how out of touch her views are with the majority of Americans.
You are the one thats out of touch, in your sheltered world of poker and vegas, my friend.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#45 Nimue1995

Nimue1995

Mrs Obvious

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'em

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 9:15 PM, said:

Sadly I don't think you'll see Charlie Gibson asking her those questions. I do sooo miss Tim Russert.
What do you like to do for fun?

Play poker
think up political posts to make in Daniel's Blog to drive LMD crazy,lol.

#46 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

View Postjohns76222, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 4:35 PM, said:

Looks like you are gettin' a little nervous there Daniel. Obama is on tilt and bluffing his stack off as fast as Phil Ivey did last month at the Bike in the 10K. A few thoughts.1) I wouldn't worry about Biden being the gaffe machine -- I would be more worried about Obama the Gaffe Machine as he is quickly sealing his fate into the political grave over the last two weeks. Everything he has tried recently has backfired (rightfully so).2) The media has attacked Palin in the lowest of ways. If I was her I would tell the slime at CNN and MSNBC to go F*&k themselves after what they did to her and her family. Interview ??? Forget it.3) Palin has decided to be kind and will be on ABC news soon for an interview. 4) You are not legally allowed to vote in this nation so why should any American consider anything you say ? Because you are a good poker player ?? :club: :ts :D :D By the Daniel -- I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Enlighten Americans about the man who after being on a waiting list for several weeks in the Canadian Health Care system for a hip operation gave up due to severe pain, flew to India and $4500 later had the operation to fix it. Or .... educate us on the lady who had breast cancer and ended up on a waiting list to see an oncologist only to miss her appointment when it finally came her turn. Why did she miss the appointment ??? She died a few days earlier. Perhaps you would like to educate all of us Americans on the great Health Care system in Canada that Obama wants our country to adopt as our very own. (e.g. Centralized Government control over our health) Great News Daniel -- Got some good dirt for you to tell Obama --- Let him know that Sarah Palin's youngest daughter went to the dentist today and was found to have a cavity. He can use it in his next speech to insinuate that Sarah is a rotten mother.
What is making me nervous is that this election should not be close and I don't trust the American voters one bit. Why should we? George W. Bush got elected (kind of) and then RE-ELECTED! 8 years of George W. 8 years! Now we have an excellent candidate to take over, improve the world view of America (very important), improve the economy for the poor and middle class, but it's been overshadowed by a party that simply plays the game of politics better by pandering to uneducated Americans who'd be better off voting Obama. Instead, many of them don't want to vote for a "Muslim." I can't think of another country in the world where this election would be close. I realize that's meaningless in that they have no say, but man, Palin is more conservative on social issues than George W. No sex ed, no birth control, I mean, what era is she living in? Screw the environment, screw the polar bears, etc. I can't stand that woman.
Posted Image

#47 johns76222

johns76222

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:34 PM, said:

What is making me nervous is that this election should not be close and I don't trust the American voters one bit. Why should we? George W. Bush got elected (kind of) and then RE-ELECTED! 8 years of George W. 8 years! Now we have an excellent candidate to take over, improve the world view of America (very important), improve the economy for the poor and middle class, but it's been overshadowed by a party that simply plays the game of politics better by pandering to uneducated Americans who'd be better off voting Obama. Instead, many of them don't want to vote for a "Muslim." I can't think of another country in the world where this election would be close. I realize that's meaningless in that they have no say, but man, Palin is more conservative on social issues than George W. No sex ed, no birth control, I mean, what era is she living in? Screw the environment, screw the polar bears, etc. I can't stand that woman.
I assume this all means I will never be your poker protege ?? :club: :ts I will admit that is my loss as I have always admired your skills on the felt.Good Day.

#48 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:19 PM, said:

You are the one thats out of touch, in your sheltered world of poker and vegas, my friend.
Oh yeah? I'd like to make you a sizable bet that if you polled Americans on the following questions they'd disagree with Palin:1) Are you for or against birth control?2) Are you for or against sex education in school?3) Do you believe that teaching abstinence is an effective form of birth control? I'd do more, but in terms of being out of touch, her positions on these three issues are simply not in line with most Americans.
Posted Image

#49 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:39 PM, said:

Oh yeah? I'd like to make you a sizable bet that if you polled Americans on the following questions they'd disagree with Palin:1) Are you for or against birth control?2) Are you for or against sex education in school?3) Do you believe that teaching abstinence is an effective form of birth control? I'd do more, but in terms of being out of touch, her positions on these three issues are simply not in line with most Americans.
As long as it's not taught to Kindergartners like Obama has suggested.
QUOTE (TwstdWrstr @ Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 3:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only two more tables until you achieve poker orgy! Chips will be flying every which way, nonstop suck outs galore, and you won't know where you blew your stack but damn it'll be a great night.

#50 johns76222

johns76222

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:34 PM, said:

Do this mean you like John McCain ? I kinda think Sarah is kinda sexy myself. I don't think Obama is a Muslim, but his slip ups and questionable associations leave him open to attack. "Excellent Candidate to take over" -- You are way off here my man. Obama is despised by many.I assume this all means I will never be your poker protege ?? :club: :ts :D I will admit that is my loss as I have always admired your skills on the felt.Good Day.

#51 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Unfortunately it's not so clear. http://www.pollingre...om/abortion.htmAssociate Press/Ipsos Poll#1:"Which would you prefer for the public schools in your community? Provide birth control only to those students who have the consent of their parents. Provide birth control to all students who want it. Not provide birth control to any student."Provide if have consent: 37%Provide to all: 30%Do not provide: 30%#2 & #3:"What do you think is the better way to reduce the number of pregnancies among teenagers: by emphasizing sex education and birth control, or by emphasizing morality and abstinence?"Sex Ed & Birth Control: 51%Morality and Abstinence: 46%

#52 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,263 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

This is completely dishonest. These are the questions you should be asking....1) Should an individual family be able to choose for themselves whether or not they use birth control? (Palin has said over and over and over that she wouldn't impose her views on anyone. She even vetoed a bill to ban gay marriage)2) Do you think it's the public schools duty to teach sex education to Kindergartners? Follow up question... Should the US government raise your kids or would you like to keep them?3) Do you believe that abstinence should be mentioned as a possible solution to birth control and STD's in a sex ed class?I would take your sizable bet.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#53 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

View PostSportsmack, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:46 PM, said:

As long as it's not taught to Kindergartners like Obama has suggested.
Don't let your head get spun by the GOP ads, you telling me you don't want kindergarten kids to learn how to protect themselves from sexual predators? Where is the evidence that Obama was for the idea of teaching those kids how to do it doggy style? The bill is there to help PROTECT and educate those kids...
Posted Image

#54 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

Don't let your head get spun by the GOP ads, you telling me you don't want kindergarten kids to learn how to protect themselves from sexual predators? Where is the evidence that Obama was for the idea of teaching those kids how to do it doggy style? The bill is there to help PROTECT and educate those kids...
I can appreciate that. But that's why these kids have PARENTS!

#55 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Oh yeah? I'd like to make you a sizable bet that if you polled Americans on the following questions they'd disagree with Palin:1) Are you for or against birth control?2) Are you for or against sex education in school?3) Do you believe that teaching abstinence is an effective form of birth control?I'd do more, but in terms of being out of touch, her positions on these three issues are simply not in line with most Americans.
the other responses cover it very well, I just wanted to point out that you dont even know her position on birth control.

#56 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

Obama is on Letterman right now.

#57 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:58 PM, said:

Obama is on Letterman right now.
let me know if he dances. That might make it worth tuning in on the west coast

#58 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

let me know if he dances. That might make it worth tuning in on the west coast
Oh... he's dancing alright.

#59 jmkiser

jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 8:56 PM, said:

I can appreciate that. But that's why these kids have PARENTS!
So why bother teaching kids anything?Edit: I'm sure you don't get upset about the DARE program being taught in 5th grade (in my school, we had to waste a week on that bs). If people were honest, I don't see how in the world everyone would get upset about kindergartners (sp?) getting a lesson in how to look out for sexual predators. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. But somebody has to call bullshit on that politically motivated point of view.
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#60 Wiz Adult

Wiz Adult

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

Daniel, there is absolutely no point trying to reason with these people(my thread is evidence for this), they have made up their minds a long time ago.No amount of sense will penetrate through their granite thick skulls.George Bush is their hero, there are no problems with the health service,the ecomomy is great etc etc. And Palin is a great candidate because she's a "milf", thats what matters to these people, f*ck the politics,never mind her extremely questionable(insane) beliefs(f*ck me: teaching creationism in schools,no sexual education, forcing her daughter to have a baby and marry the redneck father etc etc) they don't care. Why are Americans remotely surprised when they are perceived as idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users