• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

So I watched the premiere and it was better than expected, but honestly my expectations weren't that high. There's a Hamlet plot line with the protagonist, his mom, and the leader of the club. Katey Sagal's character seems like she very well may turn out to be the power behind the throne. I'm not completely decided on this yet but I'm gonna give it a few more episodes. They do have some talent in there though:Katey SagalRon PerlmanMitch Pileggi Mark Boone Junior As well as some supporting characters played by people I recognize from bit parts in movies like Saving Private Ryan and Braveheart.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#2 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

Yeah I'm replying to myself. Why? Because fuck Gallo's thread, that's why.Suppositions, deductions and predictions:
Spoiler

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#3 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:35 AM

I wonder if the lead of this show ever gets.. " hey dude, you look like Kurt Cobian!!!" often..
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#4 Dirtydutch

Dirtydutch

'Skatez

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

Hey, Mac, is this show actually something I'd like?

#5 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

Here's what I think of it, actually.. the show could have fit in a large spectrum, of really good, to really crappy. So far, it really has been snuggly in between, It's not anywhere near as cool as it could be, but it was much better than it probably should be. I just get the feeling, that I would like this show a hell of alot more, if it had come out 10 years ago. Now, in the post-Sopranos world, it just seems likes one of a series of knock offs, and it feels like they are getting more and more desperate for gimmick premises to base anti-hero shows on.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6 Smacciemac

Smacciemac

** Jersey Girl **

• Members
  • 16,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:48 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, September 25th, 2008, 4:54 AM, said:

It's not anywhere near as cool as it could be, but it was much better than it probably should be.
So far I am watching it.. but if it doesn't get slightly more interesting I may just forget about it. It really could have been much better than it is.Now tell me this.. I'm a little confused about what the whole Sam Cro thing is?PS.. Charlie Hunnam is AMAZINGLY HOT!
dna4ever: She sounds SO Jersey!!!!!

#7 Smacciemac

Smacciemac

** Jersey Girl **

• Members
  • 16,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

hehe Google is my friend..S ons of A narchyM otorcycleC lubR edwoodO riginalThe Redwood Original thing is like a "Mother Chapter" badge, except so far there are no other satellite chapters...

#8 Gallo

Gallo

I'm not JC

• Members
  • 9,662 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:40 AM

View Posthank213, on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

Yeah I'm replying to myself. Why? Because fuck Gallo's thread, that's why.
looooooooool

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, September 25th, 2008, 3:54 AM, said:

Here's what I think of it, actually.. the show could have fit in a large spectrum, of really good, to really crappy. So far, it really has been snuggly in between, It's not anywhere near as cool as it could be, but it was much better than it probably should be. I just get the feeling, that I would like this show a hell of alot more, if it had come out 10 years ago. Now, in the post-Sopranos world, it just seems likes one of a series of knock offs, and it feels like they are getting more and more desperate for gimmick premises to base anti-hero shows on.
I agree totally with this. The show can be better, it's not bad, but it's not great either. I think I probably would've liked the show much better if they started it when the gang was first formed and the changes it went through to now. I mean, I'd like to see how it went from maybe just a group of guys who liked to ride bikes to a gang that runs guns.
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion

For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion

#9 Vinnie_Terranova

Vinnie_Terranova

wiseguy

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

Can someone give me a summary of episode one? I missed that one, but have seen the others.And I agree with BigD. It could be better, but hell, I have no life so I'll watch.

#10 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

View PostDirtydutch, on Thursday, September 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM, said:

Hey, Mac, is this show actually something I'd like?
No, probably not. It's not good enough to be considered really good, and it's not bad enough to like for irony.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#11 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

View PostSmacciemac, on Thursday, September 25th, 2008, 6:48 AM, said:

PS.. Charlie Hunnam is AMAZINGLY HOT!
you must have loved nirvana back in the day.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#12 Smacciemac

Smacciemac

** Jersey Girl **

• Members
  • 16,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:41 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, September 25th, 2008, 2:00 PM, said:

you must have loved nirvana back in the day.
I liked them.. but never thought Kurt was hot. Charlie Hunnam is much better looking :club:

#13 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

View PostGallo, on Thursday, September 25th, 2008, 9:40 AM, said:

looooooooool mean, I'd like to see how it went from maybe just a group of guys who liked to ride bikes to a gang that runs guns.
I don't think they could do this since it would negate the Hamlet-esque storyline.

#14 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

I don't think I can ever watch a show that promotes Hell's Angels, which is basically what this is. Not to give too much detail, but they had contracts on my Dad at least twice, and it may have been three times. I was pretty young, so I cannot remember.

#16 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Friday, September 26th, 2008, 10:28 AM, said:

I don't think I can ever watch a show that promotes Hell's Angels, which is basically what this is. Not to give too much detail, but they had contracts on my Dad at least twice, and it may have been three times. I was pretty young, so I cannot remember.
Actually, the main character (Jax) is reading his dad's journal which basically says the outlaw gangs got it wrong by becoming too criminally oriented instead of being "responsible anarchists."

#17 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

View Posthank213, on Friday, September 26th, 2008, 1:39 PM, said:

Actually, the main character (Jax) is reading his dad's journal which basically says the outlaw gangs got it wrong by becoming too criminally oriented instead of being "responsible anarchists."
What happened to Jax's dad? Did whats his name kill him and only the viewers know?
Spoiler

#18 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Friday, September 26th, 2008, 8:28 AM, said:

Well, you better tell your pops toPosted ImageAlso, if you watched the Sopranos, but not this, you're just plainly a hypocrite. Unless you watched the Sopranos instead of this because the Sopranos are much, much better.. then you just have good taste.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#19 HollywoodAFD

HollywoodAFD

Why so serious?

• Members
  • 6,527 posts
  • Interests:Poker and hockey
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold em

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

I like me some Katy Sagal

"If it wasn't for luck I'd win every one" -- Phil Hellmuth

QUOTE (Suited_Up @ Tuesday, July 1st, 2008, 9:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hollywood is fake though, I might know who it is. If not, then I'm scared for the world.

QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Tuesday, March 18th, 2008, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey leave hollywoodafd alone. he is a quality poster and can post any time he wants.

QUOTE (LongLiveYorke @ Friday, February 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I agree with Hollywood... weeeee

#20 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

I KNEW you were going to jump on that, and it half the reason I even bothered posting it.Actually I never watched the Sopranos, except a couple episode and could not get into it. I also don't have HBO.My father has had 3 contracts (I remembered) 2 from the HA's and one from the Gotti family. That one was quashed quickly by the FBI because they hired two Cubans (or Columbians, it was a Hispanic C country) and they were picked up immediately arriving into town because they stuck out like sore thumbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users