• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 Landon_McFly

Landon_McFly

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:30 PM

Does PT work for NL as well as limit?What about tourneys?Does it tell you what % you cash in SNG's and MTT's?I think I'm about to invest in it :club:
Well nigga... sometimes you gotta race!

#42 econ_tim

econ_tim

forum explorer

• Members
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:12 PM

Landon_McFly said:

Does PT work for NL as well as limit?What about tourneys?Does it tell you what % you cash in SNG's and MTT's?I think I'm about to invest in it :club:
It works for NL (and pot limit) and also for tournaments. You should check the forums at pokertracker's website for more details.
%error452% object ::signature:: not found

#43 benhoug

benhoug

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,048 posts
  • Interests:Cards, Dogs, Movies, Baseball.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot-Limit Omaha

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:09 PM

I own a Mac, and last time I checked Poker Tracker was only available on Windows machines, so that explains why I don't have it. I do however play on Bugsys Club, and they have a pretty good stat section, so I thought I'd share some of those stats with everyone to see how I stack up. I mostly play in full ring No Limit games (currently at the .50/1 blind level), and I've been keeping stats at Bugsys Club for just over 5000 hands.VP$IP - All I got is % flops seen outside the blinds, which I guess is kinda the same thing. My percentage is 22. In recent sessions this number has been leaning more towards 17 though. Pre-flop raise - 11%Went to Showdown - I had to do the math on this one, but it seemed to come out to 34%.Won $ at showdown - 53%Based on the numbers Jason used mine seem to be a little off, but pretty close to par. If anyone has any other insight I'd love to hear it.

#44 SiLi

SiLi

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:36 AM

hey can anyone tell me how I can delete previous hands on my stats.Say I wanna start fresh today and I had logged 10000 or so hands, how would I go about removing those hands.

#45 StonedViper

StonedViper

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:47 AM

Is 4.34BB/100 acceptable after 12375 hands??ThanksViper

#46 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:12 AM

Your wallet should have the answer to that.

#47 Deepkoncntrtion

Deepkoncntrtion

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

Gametime + sucks...try the Poker Ace HUD...its free as well...so good u will want to send the programmer money after u use it....http://www.pokertrac...5028ca53e91d791For those who want to autorate limit games u may want to follow these guidlines, the default settings are a lil sketchy....http://forumserver.t...=7&o=14&fpart=1
the lottery is a tax 4 ppl bad @ math

#48 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

K, ive got a question.I havent downloaded poker tracker yet, but supposing i purchased it, would i be able to account for all past hands that are in my history folder, or does it not work retroactively?

#49 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:24 PM

it will get all of those the first time.at least it did for me, Party Poker.Just point it to wher the folders are.

#50 bdams19

bdams19

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

Ok, I have no idea what I am doing. Is there some sort of this is how to use poker tracker tutorial? I have a database of about 1.5k hands (not nearly enough, I know) and I just want to see what the stats look like.

#51 Nico_Ban

Nico_Ban

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:59 AM

I have PokerOffice but have never used Pokertracker. Has anyone used both? Are they different at all? If so, how? Which do you think is better? Why? I personally am ok with Pokeroffice. I'm just curious.

#52 dimseven

dimseven

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 05:00 AM

Nico_Ban said:

I have PokerOffice but have never used Pokertracker. Has anyone used both? Are they different at all? If so, how? Which do you think is better? Why? I personally am ok with Pokeroffice. I'm just curious.
PokerOffice of course, because when You're a TAG You become a wizard.

#53 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

How do you import NL hand data into PT?I cant for my life figure it out. The only ones that show up are limit games, and when i go to preferences, the only options are for limit (for each set of stakes).

#54 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:01 AM

abba: I don't know; but I get NL hands from Party in there, automatically, just like LHE... still having trouble? I can look around to see if I had to do something...My Question:My 1st DB got to big and crashes even after being packed so, I repaired it and started a new one. So my 2/4 is split.Ideally, I'd get rid of other players history from .5/1 prior to October, and other stuff to reduce it and keep all my hands together for easier analysis.How does one go about purging hands (I did that under the Utilities tab) but my DB was still same size..maybe I need to pack it again?..althogh I think I did) or keeping the db small. Or do you open different databases for different game types and just do it that way.Down side there is when you start to datmine at next level, your own current level stat will be split to the new database (not a big deal, since by then you should feel comfortable with your game)..Anyway..no one reads these!So..I should just go to the PT.com forum huh?ok

#55 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:04 AM

I think the problem is that i have a pirated version. Ive been meaning to get around to buying a legit copy. One of these days ill do it.Kind of a piss off. I lost all my NL hand histories. Plus i can't load hands from obscure sites that the old version of PT doesnt recognize, where im clearing bonuses.

#56 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:27 AM

shezzavague said:

whoomprat said:

Has anyone found pokertracker to be very useful for tournament play?What statistics would be the best to focus on?
Same question re SNGs if anyone knows.
For tournament play the statistics I focus on are:Pre-flop - my opponents V$P (or whatever the acronym is lol), their attempted steals and their defense of stealsFlop - the continuation bet statistics and check raise frequency.I use PokerAce HUD, since I think it supports more tournament sites than GameTime+. It is extremely flexible.The only thing I dont like about it is that it wont filter based on position in that hand, which, once you have a robust data base, is more meaningful than blends of all positions.

#57 LewFather

LewFather

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Girls, Poker

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:30 AM

I'm not sure what I did.... My Gametime stats work but for some reason when I go into ring stats it's not showing any updated information... What did I mess up? Also I have 2 databases and the information is popping up at either...OOPS...
If LHE was a woman I'd make passionate love to her. 16 hour sessions at a time.

#58 Footballguru

Footballguru

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

whats the best/cheapest way to aquire pokertracker?

#59 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:49 AM

Footballguru said:

whats the best/cheapest way to aquire pokertracker?
i think the best way is to sign up for PSO:www.pokersourceonline.comdo one promotion, and you can get PokerTracker.hint: you can do a promotion directly for PT, or you can just do it for the points. since you get 6000-9000 points per promotion and PT costs only 5000 points, you should get the points, then just buy PT with them.feel free to use my referral: goodmanpoker and/or PM me if you've got questions. also sign up on the PSO forum - it is very useful.good luck,daniel
Long signatures are really annoying.

#60 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

6 Max Party.so, you check the box.But what if you play a mix?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users