• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 cdddc75

cdddc75

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

Are you using the GameTime included in PT or GameTime+ (separate application)?GameTime+ is the one you want to use. It's fantastic.
"I'd root for Hellmuth against my Mother if I knew Phil was holding the Krablar." -- BigDMcGee

"Poker is 98% luck, I'm trying to make it 97.8% luck. " -- JFarrell20, deported village idiot

#22 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

im using that one. i think i've figured out how to use it now, but it seems to be less useful than i guessed. is it most useful when you've been sitting a table for awhile? i've been using playerview and it seems to accomplish many of the same things.

#23 sonic8

sonic8

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

I play almost exclusively 6 handed limit games. I take it my VP$IP should be higher than the typical 10 handed player? Should my autorate criteria be different and does anybody have some good autorate criteria for 6 handed limit games? Any help would be appreciated. Just getting used to PT.

#24 sonic8

sonic8

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

I play almost exclusively 6 handed limit games. I take it my VP$IP should be higher than the typical 10 handed player? Should my autorate criteria be different and does anybody have some good autorate criteria for 6 handed limit games? Any help would be appreciated. Just getting used to PT.

#25 Specs

Specs

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:21 AM

You should definatly be playing a few more hands and more agressively both pre and post flop. Passive play at a short handed table is usually disasterous.
Luck favors the bold.

#26 JaysonWeber

JaysonWeber

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,665 posts
  • Interests:Poker, who woulda thought.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

sonic8 said:

The 10 man autorate states won't work per-se.... Would you guys like me to try to make a set of autorules for 6-max? I'm sure with the help of a few we could put something good together.
"Here are my rules: what can be done with one substance must never be done with another. No two materials are alike. No two sites on earth are alike. No two buildings have the same purpose. The purpose, the site, the material determine the shape. Nothing can be reasonable or beautiful unless its made by one central idea, and the idea sets every detail. A building is alive, like a man." - The Fountainhead.

#27 Python49

Python49

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:06 PM

i certainly would like that as i play almost exclusively 6max tables.

#28 sonic8

sonic8

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

That would be great. I minorly changed the defauly settings to have higher VPIP but nothing beyond that.

#29 ford0067

ford0067

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Golf, Video Games

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

JaysonWeber said:

The 10 man autorate states won't work per-se.... Would you guys like me to try to make a set of autorules for 6-max? I'm sure with the help of a few we could put something good together.
I am new to using Poker Tracker. So far it seems like a great tool. I was just wondering if anyone has a good set of autorate rules(10 man) or a few pointers. I am still learning the details of the software. I am sure with time and familiarity with the software I will come up with my own, but why reinvent the wheel.Thanks in advance

#30 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

the default rules are pretty good if you're playing 10-handed limit hold'em.cheers,daniel

#31 ford0067

ford0067

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Golf, Video Games

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

mrdannyg said:

the default rules are pretty good if you're playing 10-handed limit hold'em.cheers,daniel
Thanks

#32 whoomprat

whoomprat

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

Has anyone found pokertracker to be very useful for tournament play?What statistics would be the best to focus on?

#33 DCWildcat

DCWildcat

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:21 PM

whoomprat said:

Has anyone found pokertracker to be very useful for tournament play?What statistics would be the best to focus on?
Good question. I have no idea, I'm curious to know myself

#34 jogsxyz

jogsxyz

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

What does AF mean?BB/100 What about those playing no limit? Does BB mean twice the big blind?VP$IP. Does PT give a VP$IP from every slot. 10-handed game. UTG, UTG+1, ......,CO, button, SB, BB. Shouldn't every position have a different VP&IP? This way if you remove the first four slots from a 10-handed game, you can get a VP$IP for the 6-max game.

#35 econ_tim

econ_tim

forum explorer

• Members
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

jogsxyz said:

What does AF mean?BB/100  What about those playing no limit?  Does BB mean twice the big blind?VP$IP.  Does PT give a VP$IP from every slot.  10-handed game.  UTG, UTG+1, ......,CO, button, SB, BB.  Shouldn't every position have a different VP&IP?  This way if you remove the first four slots from a 10-handed game, you can get a VP$IP for the 6-max game.
AF is agression factor. It's the ratio of how often you bet or raise to how often you call.Not sure what BB/100 is for NL.Yes, you can get stats by position.In the first post of this thread, Jayson put a link to a good article at Bet the Pot that you should read. It gives a basic overview of PT and tells how a NL player uses it.

#36 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:03 PM

In the Auto Rate window, it's only showing $25 NL for me to "check"But it has processed several LHE, too.In the "Ring Game Player Stat", only the $25 NO Limit shows.Why is it not looking at the LHE games it's processd?I know I should ask PT, but tought it was easy/obvious to somneone here and I wouldnt have to wait!thanks.

#37 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:49 PM

ok.now its looks like its working.this seems intense...I need more sleep

#38 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:32 AM

how do you get gametime+ to give stat on a table you are just observing?omly one on the list are ones I'm sittng at...yet pt is collecting stats for observed tables...I can see that

#39 Ebonwoulfe

Ebonwoulfe

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:19 PM

I don't think you can get GT+ to show the stats of the table you're just observing, unless you change your name in GT+ to the names of one of the other players at the table and then use it. At least on UB.But what do I know...

#40 shezzavague

shezzavague

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

whoomprat said:

Same question re SNGs if anyone knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users