jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

View PostStupidKid, on Sunday, July 22nd, 2007, 8:06 AM, said:

............ really long and awesome post ..............
YES!! Finally... comprehensive actions I can take to look at my stats and actually decipher my own game!Ohz noz...I lose slightly more with suited connectors then I do with offsuited connectors (FR LHE .25/.50)... I guess the worst part is that I lose with suited connectors when I should be winning :(What are some typical problems of people playing suited connectors bad? (my problem isn't cold calling a raise PF... I checked those stats and I'm perfectly fine there)
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#102 kkot

kkot

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

You could be cold calling against people with less than full stacks or against players who may not pay you off when you nail the flop. Maybe you're getting too attached to top pair with 78s when the flop comes 743 against someone whos range is heavily weighted to an overpair. Without actually seeing all the hands it's tough to say, but these are things that I look at when reviewing hands.
wutwut00 on Stars

#103 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

View Postkkot, on Sunday, January 27th, 2008, 8:31 AM, said:

You could be cold calling against people with less than full stacks or against players who may not pay you off when you nail the flop. Maybe you're getting too attached to top pair with 78s when the flop comes 743 against someone whos range is heavily weighted to an overpair. Without actually seeing all the hands it's tough to say, but these are things that I look at when reviewing hands.
Ah, I don't play no limit, but that is a good point about top pair on ragged flops. Time to go through the hands and check it out :club:
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#104 Poker Addict

Poker Addict

NOT a VB Joke Account!

• Members
  • 3,301 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

View PostJaysonWeber, on Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 3:42 AM, said:

The Default are fine for normal ring games.But I prefer to be specific, as every edge helps, There are Specific Autorate rules for NL$50 buy-in that Excession just updated, so if thats you're game you should pick that up.Also, Make sure to change the auto-rate rules for No-Limit/Limit.I have seperate databases set up for No-Limit and Limit so it's pretty easy to do this way.I played with NL Autorate rules in Limit Ring Games and it got messy :club:
I have just downloaded Poker Tracker for Hold Em and Omaha. I want to start automatically tracking hands but I play a lot of different games. You say that you use separate databases for no limit and limit. Does this mean that you do all of your imports manually? It seems like a lot of work.Also, do you play other games like Omaha and Stud? I was wondering how you manage those databases as well and the hand imports.
FORMERLY: chek - raise (ps)
FORMERLY: CrazyZeke (ftp)

sheets: sick hold
BKiCe (observer): gl chek - raise

hishga [observer]: shulda gone with the chek approach
hishga [observer]: fold everything

GG Interwebz Pokah. I will miss you.

#105 knoxxxy

knoxxxy

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Holdem

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hey everyone,I just got poker tracker with poker ace HUD.I was just wondering what everyone displays on the HUD, atm i've just got:Total handsVoluntary input into potpreflop raisetotal postflop aggressionIs that all i really need?Also, what is a good and bad voluntary input into the pot, and postflop aggression?Cheers

#106 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

View Postknoxxxy, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 8:37 PM, said:

Hey everyone,I just got poker tracker with poker ace HUD.I was just wondering what everyone displays on the HUD, atm i've just got:Total handsVoluntary input into potpreflop raisetotal postflop aggressionIs that all i really need?Also, what is a good and bad voluntary input into the pot, and postflop aggression?Cheers
That is all I use # of hands - so I know how much we've seen of this person so farvpip - loose ? tight ?PFR - passive preflop or aggressive preflop? relate this to the vpip number to learn more about the playerpost flop AF - are they more likely to call down? to fold? to raise?

#107 Poker Addict

Poker Addict

NOT a VB Joke Account!

• Members
  • 3,301 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

I've got it running and it is AWESOME! It already changing my game for the better. I am running the GT+ HUD and like it a lot. Thoughts of comparison with Poker Ace?Also, in reading the article linked at the beginning of this thread I saw stuff about collecting info on tables while observing on other sites besides Stars. So it got me doing some research on why this is the case when PS allows Poker Office to do it. So if this is something you are interested in, check out the end of this thread at 2+2, it might be something that is added soon to help with initial reads and table selection.http://forumserver.t...ead.php?t=78484
FORMERLY: chek - raise (ps)
FORMERLY: CrazyZeke (ftp)

sheets: sick hold
BKiCe (observer): gl chek - raise

hishga [observer]: shulda gone with the chek approach
hishga [observer]: fold everything

GG Interwebz Pokah. I will miss you.

#108 usapoker

usapoker

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:54 AM

thanks, some useful information here. still new to the poker scene but learning fast :club:

#109 ricardob

ricardob

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

Need some help with PT.I've been playing HU SNG on stars and I can't import it to PT. It imports the hands, then it asks to import the tournament history, which I request and then use PT's function to check email; it imports that as well, but then nothing appears under tournaments.What am I doing wrong?
"One great cause of failure is lack of concentration."
"When the opponent expand, I contract, When he contracts, I expand, And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit--it hits all by itself."
"True refinement seeks simplicity."

--Bruce Lee

#110 slt1der

slt1der

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

I have a slightly more complicated problem. I've been trying to incorporate Doyle's Room hand histories into PT and have come up scratching my head. Can anyone walk me through it with this site or am I hopelessly lost because PT's generic setup does not support Doyle's Room?

#111 Frez

Frez

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE. Home game donkaments

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

How much effort/time have you guys put into checking out the PokerTracker forums - you know, where there are sections on support for PT?
Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things. (Robert Heinlein).

#112 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,076 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

the PT forums are the best, and the guys there will help you very quickly, even if you just shoot them an email.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#113 tj9422-

tj9422-

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:hold em

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

just got PT3 and need help with auto rate set up can any one send me in the direction of the info

#114 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,076 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

View Posttj9422-, on Monday, June 2nd, 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

just got PT3 and need help with auto rate set up can any one send me in the direction of the info

View PostZach6668, on Wednesday, May 28th, 2008, 6:35 PM, said:

the PT forums are the best, and the guys there will help you very quickly, even if you just shoot them an email.
sigh.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#115 fedor1

fedor1

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:RAZZ

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

These are good guidlines, but i use them for review. I find that if I try to make adjustments mid-tourney i make mistakes. This could very well be a personal problem.

#116 simo_8ball

simo_8ball

Multipass

• Members
  • 9,277 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/NLHE

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

http://www.fullconta...howtopic=117977May as well repost this here.

#117 Flushgarden

Flushgarden

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

I just started using pokertracker a few days ago and there is something that is confusing me. When I look at my tournament results it tells me that my finish position is 0 for every tournament. How do I fix it?
-Danny

#118 Init2WINitHI

Init2WINitHI

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Hold 'Em - NL of Course

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

View PostFlushgarden, on Monday, July 21st, 2008, 8:30 AM, said:

I just started using pokertracker a few days ago and there is something that is confusing me. When I look at my tournament results it tells me that my finish position is 0 for every tournament. How do I fix it?
I found that you have to manually enter your results. If there is an easier way, I would love to hear it.Aloha
Poker Stars - InIt2WINitHI
Tilt - InIt2WINitHI

#119 Yoda

Yoda

FCP Superstars Champion, Jedi Master & Lesbian Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

Does anyone on here swap PT databases? I didn't feel the need to create a new thread but I do wonder about this. I'm not really interested in the philosophical debate about whether this is right or wrong, but I wouldn't mind some more data on SH 1/2NL on Pokerstars :club:

[15:06] <Jan99> go J E T S

#120 Dirtydutch

Dirtydutch

'Skatez

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Someone really needs to update this; I've been looking into actually paying for either PT3 or HM or something, and the information is scattered everywhere on here. Also, the PT forums are great for people who bought PT and are having trouble, but not so great for people who want to compare or steal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users