44 replies to this topic

#1 Poker_Addict

Poker_Addict

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Folding

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

PokerStars Game #19864882845: Tournament #102278100, $200+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (400/800) - 2008/08/24 - 14:49:24 (ET)Table '102278100 379' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: machagno (14110 in chips) Seat 2: rock23 (26900 in chips) Seat 3: dicky321 (9716 in chips) Seat 4: gabo05 (10499 in chips) Seat 5: chek - raise (18600 in chips) Seat 6: robinho (74068 in chips) Seat 7: baylorgolf (28273 in chips) Seat 8: Miiiiga$ (18286 in chips) Seat 9: APALLDAY28 (18381 in chips) machagno: posts the ante 50rock23: posts the ante 50dicky321: posts the ante 50gabo05: posts the ante 50chek - raise: posts the ante 50robinho: posts the ante 50baylorgolf: posts the ante 50Miiiiga$: posts the ante 50APALLDAY28: posts the ante 50Miiiiga$: posts small blind 400APALLDAY28: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to chek - raise [Ad As]machagno: folds rock23: folds dicky321: folds gabo05: folds chek - raise: raises 1350 to 2150robinho: foldsbaylorgolf: folds Miiiiga$: folds APALLDAY28: raises 16231 to 18381 and is all-inchek - raise: calls 16231*** FLOP *** [9d 5h 3c]*** TURN *** [9d 5h 3c] [6h]*** RIVER *** [9d 5h 3c 6h] [7h]*** SHOW DOWN ***chek - raise: shows [Ad As] (a pair of Aces)APALLDAY28: shows [9c 7d] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)APALLDAY28 collected 38412 from pot

#2 Poker_Addict

Poker_Addict

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

Alright, so here are my thoughts on the hand. I think I can fold here...I have a very large stack already (way bigger than what I'm used to), and I think there are better spots to get my chips in where I can potentially outplay my opponents or something.

#3 kobe2odom8

kobe2odom8

FCP Forum Bookie

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

cold blooded
Wsox08 said, "i could lie but kobe owns me"

#4 BeaverStyle

BeaverStyle

Come get some.

• Members
  • 7,023 posts
  • Interests:uh..... poker?
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Texas Hold-em

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Standard shove imo.
I may not be a meteorologist, but it sure looks like it's rainin' bitches!

#5 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Is this a level? nobody is good enough to fold KK pf, much less AA! (barring bubble, satellite blah blah blah).Youre playing for first not to cash. At worst youre a 3:1 favorite, you arent getting someone all in as a 3:1 favorite very oten.If you ever fold in this situation, quit poker. Seriously.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#6 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

Tangled up in blue.

• Members
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

How many til the money?

#7 Merby

Merby

Poker Forum Happy-Face

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Interests:Ummm... Poker (no surprise there...)<br /><br />Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Kayaking, Curling, ...
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short-handed PLO, NLHE MTTs

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Sunday, August 24th, 2008, 9:03 PM, said:

Is this a level? nobody is good enough to fold KK pf, much less AA! (barring bubble, satellite blah blah blah).Youre playing for first not to cash. At worst youre a 3:1 favorite, you arent getting someone all in as a 3:1 favorite very oten.If you ever fold in this situation, quit poker. Seriously.
I hope so. I know it was frustrating to lose there, but you were able to get an opponent to put it all in with ATC versus AA perflop. His having 97 there just shows how large his range was. The fact that he sucked out - although unpleasant - does not in any way change the fact that you got it all in as a dominating favourite. I mean, if they knew that their all in would get you to lay down AA preflop, you would be abused left and right from there on.Cheers,Merby(Hoping I just got leveled)
QUOTE (Fluffdog87 @ Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dramatic hand gestures on all-ins ftw!

A day in the life of Checkymcfold:
QUOTE (checkymcfold @ Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cats are freaked out, I have a headache, and I'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.

QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[x] Signature-worthy.

#8 MovingIn

MovingIn

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

This has to be a joke. Assuming it's not:If you are considering folding AA PF in any situation other than the bubble of a sattelite, please do the following:1) Go to mirror.2) Slap yourself while yelling "STUPID STUPID STUPID"3) Repeat #2 until you get the hint that you never fold AA or KK PF in a MTT, not even against a shove.AA is a 80-85+% favorite heads up against ATC, even KK. Which means 15-20% of the time, you're going to get outdrawn. Beats happen. There are no sure things.LEVELED EDIT: I need to get some sleep

#9 Merby

Merby

Poker Forum Happy-Face

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Interests:Ummm... Poker (no surprise there...)<br /><br />Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Kayaking, Curling, ...
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short-handed PLO, NLHE MTTs

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

Oh CRAP!......I just saw your post count.[x] LeveledNH SUH, I bow down to the well executed level.
QUOTE (Fluffdog87 @ Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dramatic hand gestures on all-ins ftw!

A day in the life of Checkymcfold:
QUOTE (checkymcfold @ Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cats are freaked out, I have a headache, and I'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.

QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[x] Signature-worthy.

#10 clingfree

clingfree

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Monday, August 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM, said:

What he said!

#11 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

Tangled up in blue.

• Members
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

I think with that shove he's telegraphing his range to 97o so looking at pokerstove, equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 83.098% 82.94% 00.16% 102251736 196074.00 { AA }Hand 1: 16.902% 16.74% 00.16% 20642004 196074.00 { 97o }I think this is a clear fold.

#12 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

yeah, its the joke account. insert picture of fish on a line. that said...zach...delete the damn thing.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#13 Poker_Addict

Poker_Addict

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Sunday, August 24th, 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

yeah, its the joke account. insert picture of fish on a line. that said...zach...delete the damn thing.
QFT!

#14 Poker Addict

Poker Addict

NOT a VB Joke Account!

• Members
  • 3,301 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

LOLZ!!!!! Zach said he doesn't have delete powers. I guess he needs to move up a mod jedi level.EDIT: BUT HE CAN PLEASE DELETE THE THREAD!!!!!!
FORMERLY: chek - raise (ps)
FORMERLY: CrazyZeke (ftp)

sheets: sick hold
BKiCe (observer): gl chek - raise

hishga [observer]: shulda gone with the chek approach
hishga [observer]: fold everything

GG Interwebz Pokah. I will miss you.

#15 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

Joke post, right?Edit: Keep in mind, I don't read the replies before I post in this forum...
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#16 Elo and AG

Elo and AG

One day the R8 will be mine =)

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Golf, Hockey

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

You are risking your tournament by calling a shove with AA ???? You asked did you play that hand correctly, I fold this without looking back..... Sometimes you just have to say NO, I don't accept allin withoout to see teh flooop....Seriously buddy I feel for you :club: Tough way to go out.I just checked and he "APALLDAY28" didn't make the money, if that can make you feel better....
Elo and AG on PokerStars - ELO and AG on fulltilt
Pretty funny guy from MTL ----> Jon Lajoie "You want some of this, come and get it..."

#17 Poker Addict

Poker Addict

NOT a VB Joke Account!

• Members
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

View PostElo and AG, on Monday, August 25th, 2008, 1:58 PM, said:

You are risking your tournament by calling a shove with AA ???? You asked did you play that hand correctly, I fold this without looking back..... Sometimes you just have to say NO, I don't accept allin withoout to see teh flooop....Seriously buddy I feel for you :club: Tough way to go out.I just checked and he "APALLDAY28" didn't make the money, if that can make you feel better....
LOLZ. Is this a re-level?You did notice the post count on the OP, right? Plus the fact that I don't post bad beats in strat.

#18 Elo and AG

Elo and AG

One day the R8 will be mine =)

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Golf, Hockey

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

View PostPoker Addict, on Monday, August 25th, 2008, 5:25 PM, said:

LOLZ. Is this a re-level?You did notice the post count on the OP, right? Plus the fact that I don't post bad beats in strat.
WHAT this wasn't you ? Meh, I don't believe you..... But I still fold there FYI. I rarely ACCEPT with bullets..... :club:
Elo and AG on PokerStars - ELO and AG on fulltilt
Pretty funny guy from MTL ----> Jon Lajoie "You want some of this, come and get it..."

#19 Poker Addict

Poker Addict

NOT a VB Joke Account!

• Members
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

View PostElo and AG, on Monday, August 25th, 2008, 2:33 PM, said:

WHAT this wasn't you ? Meh, I don't believe you..... But I still fold there FYI. I rarely ACCEPT with bullets..... :club:
LOL I bet you have folded bullets. NIT!!!!

#20 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

Tangled up in blue.

• Members
  • 8,103 posts