Cross posted from the Challenge thread. The debate is whether to cr or cc the flop.

Nice flop imo. And interesting graph coming. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)CO ($23.85)Button ($56.90)SB ($50)Hero ($77.65)UTG ($119.10)MP ($50.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6d.gif, 5d.gif. 1 fold, MP raises to $1.5, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.Flop: ($4.75) 4d.gif, 8d.gif, 7d.gif(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets $4, Button folds, Hero ???

I would assume villain has Ad or overpair and raise. Its a really bad flop for him to be betting with a hand like AK no diamonds, so I wouldn't be too worried about trying to let him catch something. I would hate to see a 4th diamond roll off and have him fold AA no diamond or something like this.I raise, but small. Something he can call with any big diamond, or any overpair. And of course I bet turn weakly, and bet river based on what he is likely to have at that point.Mark

I'd C/R it. You obv love your hand, but this is 3 ways and he's betting into the most coordinated board ever. He's likely going to felt JJ+ (even with no dia) but if you wait on the turn and it comes anything from dia, to 5, 6, or paired board villain will likely slow down.Another reason to C/R here is you aren't going to get it all in on later streets if villain checks back on the turn. There just won't be enough money in the pot to make it happen. C/R here and get villain stuck with a hand he likes. If villain has nothing (not likely, but maybe) then you aren't going to get him to put more money in on the turn anyways unless you have a read that he loves to fire scare cards or something.

Definitely check-raise here. Don't give him a chance to get away from his hand when a scare card comes down that freezes his action. Draws always feel stronger on the flop with two cards to come, so charge him now while he is more likely to be willing to pay.

Cross posted from the Challenge thread. The debate is whether to cr or cc the flop.
Why can't you lead?If you have to check, I agree with the others that c/r is better as he's unlikely to A) the be bluffing this board and B) the bluff on future streets and we want to get him to commit money when he's got something like JJd or QQ no diamond.But, I think there's a tendency for people to auto check this situation whatever and never even consider leading, which I think is wron.
But, I think there's a tendency for people to auto check this situation whatever and never even consider leading, which I think is wron.
So next time you flop a straight flush remember this :club:

I would lead out every time in this situation. Too bad it doesn't happen too often. This is a great board and is inviting villian to make a dumb bluff play on the river. You will get paid off even more on the river if he tries to bluff if you slowly build the pot along the way. He will have to bet more on the river to try and make a convincing bluff and you will have sucked as much out of him as possible.