#81 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Finally played again ... +5 round.
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#82 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,163 posts
  • Interests:POKER!
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

Shot for first time in awhile...+5 at tough course...really happy with my putting today.

#83 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Played over the weekend and shot a +1. Solid round for me. Had a great birdie from 40 ft.
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#84 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

Shot a +4 today. They have the course set up for the tournament this week, so there were some dicey locations. Felt pretty solid though.

#85 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:58 AM

FINALLY!!! Shot -2 today. No bogeys and two birdies. Putting was solid today.

#86 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

Feeling good again with my game. Shot a +1. Also, I just bought a Star Destroyer. I was considering the Katana or the groove, however, I heard the Destroyer was like a Groove but just a tad easier to throw. First shot i had lead to an awesome birdie. Uphill 360 yards through a tree lined fairway. Actually had it heading toward the trees, but it turned like a pro shot and wound up 5 feet from the basket after an awesome skip.

#87 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,292 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Looking to pick up disc golf as a regular hobby and I have a few questions. Been out quite a few times with buddies, but never really took it serious. More of an excuse to go out and drink than anything. I've realized I'm not half bad though. I don't own any of my own discs, but I'd like to pick a few up for the summer. What are some good beginning/intermediate discs? Currently I'm throwing an Orc off the tee, a variety of mid range discs, and a Rhino for a putter. I have no idea how stable of a disc I want/need off the tee and what I should look for in mid range discs. I do like my putter though. When it comes to buying different discs, is it all a matter of preference? Are there certain discs that everyone should have in their bag?

#88 Fluffdog87

Fluffdog87

Enjoy Life!

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  • Interests:poker, traveling, disc golfing, football, basketball, and watching sports on television and enjoying life

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

For a new discer that plans to play a good ammount 5-8 discs is good. A standard small disc bag is a good idea then. Aviar putter 170-175gRoc 175g for mid to long range control shotsEagle 172g long straighter shots2-3 ultra long range drivers 172-175gVALKYRIESTARFIRE, BEASTand for your bomb it long disc a BOSS is a great option.http://innovadiscs.com/discs.html

View PostGOCUBSGO, on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011, 8:18 PM, said:

Looking to pick up disc golf as a regular hobby and I have a few questions. Been out quite a few times with buddies, but never really took it serious. More of an excuse to go out and drink than anything. I've realized I'm not half bad though. I don't own any of my own discs, but I'd like to pick a few up for the summer. What are some good beginning/intermediate discs? Currently I'm throwing an Orc off the tee, a variety of mid range discs, and a Rhino for a putter. I have no idea how stable of a disc I want/need off the tee and what I should look for in mid range discs. I do like my putter though. When it comes to buying different discs, is it all a matter of preference? Are there certain discs that everyone should have in their bag?

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'"- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users