#81 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,162 posts
  • Interests:POKER!
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:15 AM

Oh, I can't believe I have missed this thread in the last 2 months.I have been mainly sticking to a few games this summer:-GTA4 - I haven't touched it since I beat the story in the 1st week it came out.-Rock Band - I go on from time to time to look for cool new songs to download, but I hate how the guitar works compared to GH3 so I never play it-Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - I rented it because I heard there wasn't much to play, and I 5-starred every song on Expert within 3 tries, so very glad I did not purchase it.-Guitar Hero 3 - I play this game probably 3-4 times a week still. I'm still top 150 in cumulative score on Hard and I think I am top 1000 on Expert still (I spend most my time owning souls on pro-faceoff on hard). It took me a long time but I finally 5-starred One and Knights of Cydonia on Expert, only have Before I Forget and Raining Blood left!-Call of Duty 4 - I play this game every day I am home, many times for 5-6 hours a day. I am up to 7th prestige, level 41. My K/D ratio is 1.24, I have killed ~37k people and have had 12.5 days of in-gametime. I have gotten into Search and Destroy, with two classes I use religiously in it. One is Silenced AK47, claymores, UAV Jammer, and Dead Silence. The other is AK47 silenced, R700 sniper, claymores, overkill and Dead Silence. Me and Tehtoe have devoted the last few weeks to exploring the maps and finding glitches to run to. It is fun to run/fall off the and find hidden balconies to snipe from.

#82 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

Not sure what qualifies as Fall, but lets not forget a couple PS3 games:Resistance 2LittleBigPlanet(Tired of links...)But some that usually deliver as well:Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for BootyMotorStorm: Pacific RiftSaints Row 2Socom: ConfrontationCOD: World at War
-Kurt

#83 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM, said:

Not sure what qualifies as Fall, but lets not forget a couple PS3 games:Resistance 2LittleBigPlanet(Tired of links...)But some that usually deliver as well:Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for BootyMotorStorm: Pacific RiftSaints Row 2Socom: ConfrontationCOD: World at War
I've watched game play trailers of Little Big Planet and I'm not the least bit excited, thought a lot of other people seem to be. They better put out a good demo if they want me to pay for it. 3 of the other 5 you listed are cross platform titles. Even though I like the R&C series, I wouldn't pay $60 dollars for one. When it hits greatest hits status and is on sale for $30 I'll pick it up for my kid.

#84 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 10:38 AM, said:

I've watched game play trailers of Little Big Planet and I'm not the least bit excited, thought a lot of other people seem to be. They better put out a good demo if they want me to pay for it. 3 of the other 5 you listed are cross platform titles. Even though I like the R&C series, I wouldn't pay $60 dollars for one. When it hits greatest hits status and is on sale for $30 I'll pick it up for my kid.
I know, but I think you had listed a couple cross platforms under 360 earlier. I remember seeing at least one, I didn't look too close though.Agreed on LBP... It looks cool, but I'll definitely need to try it first. But I'm that way with most games, I have to REALLY like it to buy it. I just don't play games enough to get everything that looks interesting.I liked the R&C demo for the last one, but I thought it might get a little repetitive, so I didn't get around to buying it. I do <3 that I can pickup and play demo's a lot though. I'm not too hardcore, so sometimes that's all I really need of a game. I usually end up with the games I can just pickup and play for an hour and then forget it for a week. Killzone 2 looks to be pretty badass too, but that's not till February.
-Kurt

#85 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

I know, but I think you had listed a couple cross platforms under 360 earlier.
I'd probably get any cross platform games I want on 360, I like the achievement system they have. Adds some fun and replayability to most titles. Sony's currently ripped off version of it isn't even functioning correctly for most of their titles.

#86 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 11:00 AM, said:

I'd probably get any cross platform games I want on 360, I like the achievement system they have. Adds some fun and replayability to most titles. Sony's currently ripped off version of it isn't even functioning correctly for most of their titles.
That's cause the older games don't have it. All the new ones will.
-Kurt

#87 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM, said:

That's cause the older games don't have it. All the new ones will.
They said it would be working for all titles when it launched, now its everything going forward. Bunch of lazy bastards at Sony.

#88 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

They said it would be working for all titles when it launched, now its everything going forward. Bunch of lazy bastards at Sony.
Ah, didn't know that. Not sure how they could do it to the older games though, wouldn't the developers have to put out a patch or something for the software? Whatever, I just like that it's there now. Not that i'll ever do enough for it to matter really.
-Kurt

#89 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:43 AM

Should just be a patch, but who knows how much time it takes for them to code that stuff going forward.

#90 Asimo

Asimo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

View PostFARGOpokerND, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 3:15 AM, said:

-Call of Duty 4 -Dead Silence.
!!!!!!!??????? Can you say worst perk?If you're using a silencer you should be using steady aim on the 3rd perk....
Official Ambassador to Gambolia...

#91 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

Daddy Wears the Daddy-Pants

• Members
  • 6,362 posts
  • Interests:I am very into ducks.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, July 17th, 2008, 2:16 PM, said:

Start Verlander; don't make the same mistake Dusty Baker did in 1993 (although that was the last day of the regular season to get to a 1 game playoff). You can't win game 5 if you don't get there. :)Re: Jadaki's list above, I guess I'll have to buy a 360 now...I don't play the Wii I have _ever_, but Fable 2 and the FF news the other day + sports games will probably make it worthwhile. That Last Remnant game looks like something I'd like too...Anyone ever play the 'Tales of...' games (one coming out on Wii, one on 360)?Sigh, if I get a 360 though I'll want to play it and I have no time...I hate poker.
The one for the Cube was pretty good, slightly off-kilter RPG fare. Has anybody ever played any of the Disgaea games? I played one for the PS2 a while back, and it was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game in years. Might have to borrow a PS2 to crank that bitch out.

#92 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

View PostShimmering Wang, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Has anybody ever played any of the Disgaea games? I played one for the PS2 a while back, and it was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game in years. Might have to borrow a PS2 to crank that bitch out.
Yea, I am a huge fan of the Disgaea series. They recently put out a second run of the first Disgaea on PS2 also, it was really hard to get for a long time and copies would go on Ebay for over $100 dollars.

#93 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 2:19 PM, said:

Yea, I am a huge fan of the Disgaea series. They recently put out a second run of the first Disgaea on PS2 also, it was really hard to get for a long time and copies would go on Ebay for over $100 dollars.
I sold mine for $75 last year. Great game.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#94 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 1:19 PM, said:

I forgot to mention if you really like turn based strategy games, you should pick up a PSP.DisgaeaJeanne D'arcFinal Fantasy TacticsAll top notch titles in that genre and there are a few more coming soon to that platform. If you don't want to play it on the small screen you can run the connection to a TV. Disgaea 3 is only going to be on PS3 though.

#95 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#96 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

View Poststrategy, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 3:16 PM, said:

my roommate used deadly silent/stopping power/silencer on his mp5 when I watched him play a few months ago. it was sickeningly good on most maps.
I usually sport the AK with a silencer,bandolier, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence.So fun!
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#97 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

Everything that I have read has stated that the majority of the older games will not support trophies.
2009 FCP Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Champion

#98 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

View PostAsimo, on Friday, July 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM, said:

!!!!!!!??????? Can you say worst perk?If you're using a silencer you should be using steady aim on the 3rd perk....
Dead Silence is a god send. That perk is a must have when playing Hardcore.
2009 FCP Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Champion

#99 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

I like to hide in plain sight.

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

loooooool. I switch off between the two for my stealth classes (since Adam and I play SnD religiously), but lol at thinking dead silence is the worst perk. Obv either your sound sucks on your TV and you don't have the sound up loud enough because it's quite easy to hear people, and the perk is basically a god send when walking around in SnD.My current stealth class:Silenced AK47 (just switched from AK74u, and MP5 before that)Silenced PistolStun GrenadesBomb SquadUAV JammerDead Silence/Steady Aim

#100 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,162 posts
  • Interests:POKER!
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

If you play Search and Destroy, Dead Silence is a MUST ESPECIALLY with a silencer on your gun. ANY good player listens for the footsteps when sneaking around, you NEED dead silence.It is a HUGE thing to have. Worst perk for most games, but not for Hardcore or SnD ANYTHING.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users