71 replies to this topic

#41 Steamed Rice

Steamed Rice

Steaming

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:04 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, November 10th, 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

It was Garnett doing things that if it was anybody else would get them a taunting tech and Calderon just reacting.Boston plays tough but it sure helps when they get all the calls and not just against the Raptors. My biggest issue with the NBA is the fact that the refs don't call games straight up but call based on reputation.
Imagine if Sheed or Artest did that taunting...they would watch the game from the locker room and their wallets would be $5k lighter.I'm tired of KG changing calls by yapping in refs ears and Pierce getting every call, every time.

#42 HollywoodAFD

HollywoodAFD

Why so serious?

• Members
  • 6,527 posts
  • Interests:Poker and hockey
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold em

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

Go Toronto, eh !

"If it wasn't for luck I'd win every one" -- Phil Hellmuth

QUOTE (Suited_Up @ Tuesday, July 1st, 2008, 9:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hollywood is fake though, I might know who it is. If not, then I'm scared for the world.

QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Tuesday, March 18th, 2008, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey leave hollywoodafd alone. he is a quality poster and can post any time he wants.

QUOTE (LongLiveYorke @ Friday, February 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I agree with Hollywood... weeeee

#43 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

They looked quite good yesterday. Their starting 5 is really good. Their big downfall this year has been the play of Will Solomon. The guy is really terrible. If Jose Calderon has to leave the court, their second team just looks terrible with him running the floor.

#44 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

View Postoutsider13, on Thursday, November 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

They looked quite good yesterday. Their starting 5 is really good. Their big downfall this year has been the play of Will Solomon. The guy is really terrible. If Jose Calderon has to leave the court, their second team just looks terrible with him running the floor.
Makes you miss the days of Ford and Calderon in the backcourt, was part of what made the Raps a decent team was their second PG was always better than the other teams second PG.

#45 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

View PostJadaki, on Thursday, November 20th, 2008, 3:21 PM, said:

Makes you miss the days of Ford and Calderon in the backcourt, was part of what made the Raps a decent team was their second PG was always better than the other teams second PG.
I really think that Roko Ukic is a better PG than Solomon. I think that Solomon plays better D though and the Raptors second team really lacks on the defensive side.

#46 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

Wow.Disappointed I didn't see this game.

#47 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

I can`t find a link to the article but basically Bosh has come out with an MVP mentality and thinks he can compete for it.Still lots of season left but CB4 is 2nd in ppg and up there in min played. Any chance or is Lebron pretty much a lock

#48 ncperrotta069

ncperrotta069

GOO LAKERS!

• Members
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

Lebron is certainly not a lock as he had has similar numbers in recent years and is yet to win one

#49 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

View Postncperrotta069, on Monday, December 1st, 2008, 8:45 AM, said:

Lebron is certainly not a lock as he had has similar numbers in recent years and is yet to win one
but now that Kobe got his MVP it`s pretty hard to ignore Lebron. MVP should be for the individual year but we all know that if it`s close then performance history definitely helps.

#50 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,991 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

Bye Bye Sam MitchellNever have been impressed with him as a Coach.Just not very good at tactics it seems.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#51 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 3:49 PM, said:

Bye Bye Sam MitchellNever have been impressed with him as a Coach.Just not very good at tactics it seems.
Yea, I've always thought he was terrible. You heard who they're looking at as the permanent replacement? Not too many people like him, but I love Jeff Van Gundy.

#52 All_In

All_In

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Golf, Poker, Guitar, Poker, etc...

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 5:49 PM, said:

Yea, I've always thought he was terrible. You heard who they're looking at as the permanent replacement? Not too many people like him, but I love Jeff Van Gundy.
BC said triano would likely finish out the yr.
I don't need to be a global citizen because I'm blessed by nationality I'm member of a growing populace we enforce our popularity I feel sorry for the earth's population 'cuz so few live in the U.S.A. At least the foreigners can copy our morality they can visit but they cannot stay Only precious few can garner the prosperity it makes us walk with renewed confidence He's the farmers barren fields the force the army wields The expression in the faces of the starving millions The power of the man he's the fuel that drives the clan He's the motive and conscience of the murderer He's the preacher on t.v. the false sincerity The form letter that's written by the big computers He's the nuclear bombs and the kids with no moms

#53 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

View PostAll_In, on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 8:03 PM, said:

BC said triano would likely finish out the yr.
Permanent.

#54 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 6:49 AM, said:

always thought Sam would be pretty good with the young guys but the team has matured and has more talent now. probably needs an experienced coach. hope the best for Jay to lead the Raps but it's a gamble...not sure whether the international experience translates into wins in the NBA.

#55 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Can somebody tell me what's happening in Toronto?Glad to see the Raps get a couple wins without Calderon and O'neal but I don't see it lasting. So why are the Raps sucking so much arse this year and what are the latest rumours for upgrade?

#56 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:54 AM

Wow, this thread is dying faster than the Raps in the rankings...it's a lonely time to be a Toronto fan.From the Doug Smith blog:Action: Some weird lineupsReaction: Get used to them.I looked up from the machine at one point in the third quarter and the five guys on the court were: Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono, Jamario Moon, Joey Graham and Jake Voskuhl.Never in my wildest imagination did I ever think I’d see that.But with Bosh out and the confidence level in Roko Ukic and Will Solomon apparently at an all-time low, we might see that every now and then.And we shall shudder. at least we can draft a good 2 or 3?

#57 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

I like the trade. I think if the Raps want an uptempo game having Jose, Bosh and Marion is a great combo.

#58 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:03 AM

View Postpezeveng, on Saturday, February 14th, 2009, 6:52 AM, said:

I like the trade. I think if the Raps want an uptempo game having Jose, Bosh and Marion is a great combo.
5Bargnani4Bosh3Marion2Parker1CalderonI like the trade too but I dunno know if it's enough of an upgrade to make the playoffs. if the Raps stumble even a little post-allstar game it's done for the season.

#59 Cappy37

Cappy37

Once again yelled at all day by nekkid women

• Members
  • 9,907 posts
  • Interests:poker, music, books
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8b, Razz

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

I really like Marion w/ a point guard who can get him the rock in easy spots.I expect he'll do quite well..A little late to make the playoffs, but Marion is a big upgrade over the artist formerly known as Jermaine.Can Toronto keep Marion next year? Should be interesting.. Nice cap relief if not, solid player if they do. They should probably make a push to keep him if it's not too spendy: it's hell to get Free Agents of note north of the border.
QUOTE (El Guapo @ Thursday, April 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever angle it is, i am pretty sure it will be obtuse.

QUOTE (David_Sklansky @ Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 7:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I give you the gift of arousal and this is how you talk to me?

#60 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,991 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:00 AM

The Raptors had by far the worst schedule in the NBA the up to this point which means they have the best one the rest of the way.Mostly home games, very few back to backs. Mostly playing losing teams. Play the Knicks 4 times for example.They should win a lot more games then they lose the rest of the way.I'm not really sure that I want them to make the playoffs this year though even if it means I have more games to go to.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users