Annie Duke Discusses Ub Scandal

I just watched an interview that Annie Duke did on www.pokernews.com regarding the UB cheating scandal.She made some convincing arguments for the fact that the situation was just one bad egg and the new ownership has handled it properly. The problem however is this, first of all it's basically the same thing that happened on AP and they are or were owned by the same company/person. The other problem is that I can't take Annie Duke at her word because I met her once and asked her why so Phil Hellmuth was so mad at the TOC that she won, she told me that he was mad because he lost to her and didnt make any money, so I said something to the effect of yeah but there was a chop right? She said, no there was no chop and promptly left. Of course, there was a chop and everyone knows it so I cannot just take her at her word.The other thing I find disturbing is Phil Hellmuths complete silence on this issue. At this point I would not advise anyone to play on UB, there must be a price to pay for cheating the poker community.

You mean a professional poker player refused to discuss with you the details of their alleged Financial arrangements involving other Professionals regarding a million dollar prize? When you "know" the details thru Internet Gossip and innuendo? Yeah, that's an indication of her credibility. Look - I dislike what I know of Annie Duke. She just sort of bugs me....but just because she refused to acknowledge some random tard who approached her to ask about her life and views doesn't really affect my opinion of her nor does it help make your points regarding On-Line Gaming "Scandals"

I just watched an interview that Annie Duke did on www.pokernews.com regarding the UB cheating scandal.She made some convincing arguments for the fact that the situation was just one bad egg and the new ownership has handled it properly. The problem however is this, first of all it's basically the same thing that happened on AP and they are or were owned by the same company/person. The other problem is that I can't take Annie Duke at her word because I met her once and asked her why so Phil Hellmuth was so mad at the TOC that she won, she told me that he was mad because he lost to her and didnt make any money, so I said something to the effect of yeah but there was a chop right? She said, no there was no chop and promptly left. Of course, there was a chop and everyone knows it so I cannot just take her at her word.The other thing I find disturbing is Phil Hellmuths complete silence on this issue. At this point I would not advise anyone to play on UB, there must be a price to pay for cheating the poker community.
You understand this all happened at the same time, right?It wasn't like the AP thing happened, they cleaned up the owners, and then it happened again.It was a one time thing, across both sites, as far as I understand it. (Hopefully a one-time thing.)

I don't trust what she says either. But it's based solely on the fact that she's a bitch and just reaks of dishonesty. Plus I have superior people reading skills.

For the relative poker forum n00bcomer, what was the scandal all about?
I asked about this too when people were talking about JJprodigy and I was new.Doug pm'd me this, which seems like a pretty good explanation
JJprodigy is some online kid who got banned for multi accounting (I think on stars) He's done it many times after he got caught on friends accounts etc, multi accounting the sunday million a few times I think. He's a good player but well, that's just wrong.AP scandal. I used to hang around on the Absolute Poker forum when I played there and I know this in quite a lot of detail.Basically the story behind it is when AP was in a beta test stage unreleased to the public accounts were made which could see all hole cards at the table, probably so engineers could see if the pots were going to the correct people etc. These accounts have numbers like #150 were as if I was to make a new account today mine would probably be somewhere around #2000000 if you get the picture.Well this guy worked for AP or at least he used to, and he found out about this account and somehow accessed it. He then found 3/4 accounts just like yours and mine, except the people didnt play anymore. They were small stakes losing players and had been inactive for 6-12 months. He got the passwords of these accounts and then play in a tournament or cash game - which I saw him do before he was caught. He would then from another computer log onto the table and rail with this low numbered super user so he could see ALL HOLE CARDS and then basically rip the table apart whilst playing like a donkey - he really wasn't smart or a great player which is why he got kind of caught. He used the names POTRIPPER which is probably the most infamous and GRAYCAT.Here is a video of him making the infamous call with 9 10 or something. It's the last call he makes http://youtube.com/watch?v=FCMiK9pJ7KwHe lays down things like KQ on the button if he sees the big blind has aces.Well anyway this guy had been doing this for god knows how long and then an absolute poker player requests some hand history from the same tournament which potripper won because a lot of the online pros were extremely suspicous about what went on. Support send him the files with EVERYONES hole cards exposed. This is a breach of privacy and a contradiction on their previous statement which was something along the lines of "there is no superuser account that can see all hole cards" - This proved there actually was.Then basically a lot of people got promised refunds if they had played this guy etc etc. I dont know if that actually happened but they probably did as AP tried to salvage the whole situation so bad. They phoned up people like me who played $2 sngs to try and get me to keep playing.And rumor has it, It certainly wouldnt suprise me either is that AP won't take this guy to court because he has so much dirt on them, probably their lack of security and all sorts. I heard of a respectable online pro who I can certainly trust logging off his account on numerous occassions and then logging back on to find his bankroll changed by 5/10 cents. It doesnt sound a lot but maybe his account was being used for the cheating one time? Nobody knows how long it was going on but there was all sorts happening like people getting accused of changing their account passwords and having to phone up support to recieve a password they had never heard before.Well I think that sums it up.
I don't "know" through gossip about the TOC chop, I know because Phil Hellmuth said that there was a chop and so did Daniel Negreanu.
They tell you personally?...or did you read it on the Internet?

Phil Hellmuth said it in an interview unfourtunately I cant remeber which one. DN said that there was a chop offered but he was the only one who refused so logically when he was out there would have been a chop at that point. Also, during the whole WPT vs players thing there was a point in DN's video blog where he said that it looked like it was about to get ugly because some lawyers for the WPT were planning to sort of smear one of the 6 players suing the WPT (of which Annie was one) by releasing some tax returns from one of the players that showed that they didnt win as much as they said they did in a tournament, so read between the lines.

I don't trust what she says either. But it's based solely on the fact that she's a bitch and just reaks of dishonesty. Plus I have superior people reading skills.
Anyone who shows her buttcrack is an obv. liar and probably a whore...
Sounds like something smelly is afoot...DukeFoot.jpg
eurrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :club:

Lets see UB has no credibility so they go out and throw a bunch of dough at AD so she says nice things about them...then go out and buy additional integrity by throwing a ton of money at Eric Lynch(Rizen) and JBax....still not enough?.....they signed "3 more" pro's to be announced at the end of the month......Lets see Annie Duke if they are paying you to play on UB and you want to leave...Why would I want to play there?

There is something unsettling about the security in place over there when one "bad egg" is able to compromise the site.