#41 Snamuh

Snamuh

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,094 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE 6 Max

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

As a Phillie fan, let me say I find the typical Philly crowd quite classless as well.In any case, wooooooooot.Great season for Philly and Tampa both.
Agree somewhat.WOOT!
Snamuh raises to $76.75, and is all in
BigKamp: yyou lose
BigKamp has 15 seconds left to act
BigKamp calls $24.50, and is all in
Seat 1: BigKamp (small blind) mucked [Ad Ac] - a full house, Aces full of Kings
Seat 2: Snamuh (big blind) showed [Kd Kh] and won ($102.50) with four of a kind, Kings
Snamuh: you lose

#42 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

View Postvonteego3, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 11:44 PM, said:

You're not from Philly, are you?
My hometown is about a half hour away.

#43 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:12 AM

View Postvonteego3, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 6:14 PM, said:

lol... congrats to the Phillies, but booing the GM's congratulations of the Rays is typical Philadelphia.
hey let those damn cheer leaders from fox (buck and McCarver) compliment tampa bay. The phillies have jerked us around for 28 years that night was about us damn it!!! Oh and like the wedding reception classic says...."oh what a night"
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#44 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:18 AM

By the way, did the boooing for Bud Selig come through loud and proud? That was awesome. They said his name and the crowd just unloaded on him...well deserved mind you. After that screw up Monday where he gave the Rays a run through his typical poor planning and leadership....it was proud momment.BTW i saw virtually no behavior problems at the Bank last night. there thousands of people prading up and down broad street...love was in the air. along with BEER!!!!!!What a great ****IN night!!!!
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#45 vonteego3

vonteego3

Putting dogs ahead of people since 2005

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

Only in Philadelphia would they ever feel the need to boo anything on a night they won a championship. Although, since it only happens about every 100 pro-sport seasons for Philly, I guess they gotta get it in when they can.

#46 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

Bought out Tom Gordon and So Taguchi a couple days ago. Good call on both I think.I'm curious how much Burrell is gonna cost to bring back, or if we'd prefer to spend the money elsewhere.

#47 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7TD or Holdem

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

You'd think that they would sign some outfielder if not Burrell. Out of the 5 bigger name free agent outfielders, being Abreu, Burrell, Dunn, Ibanez and Ramirez, the two that make the most sense are Burrell or Manny because they are the only 2 that bat right handed. I think it would be pretty important for whoever they sing to be right handed just because with Stairs and Jenkins, 2 lefties, on the bench it creates better situations for giving the regular left fielder time off and for example if the Phillies signed Manny, they could set their lineup in a couple ways, with Victorino, Werth, Utley, Manny, Howard or Victorino, Utley, Manny, Howard, Werth were it would split up Utley and Howard in the lineup so that Howard and Utley would be better protected against left handed relievers and create more balance in the middle of the lineup.If they fail to sign either Burrell or Manny there are a few decent backup options who I think should be right handed too.Casey Blake - a pretty good hitter and would add versatility in case Feliz goes to complete shit or if he just got hurt.Rocco Baldelli - sign him to a incentive based contract. Hes a good hitter who would probably need need time off but it wouldn't be a problem since he would be sat for Stairs against tough righties. Plus Baldelli wouldn't need a defence replacement so there wouldn't be a need for a player like Taguchi on the roster.Juan Rivera - After a bad season he could be had for cheap. With him I would go with a straight up platoon with Stairs though.Jason Michaels - Hes done the job in Philly before and would be really cheap. Would be a decent fit as a 5th outfielder for the Phillies if all else fails that could be used as a defensive replacement and play against some left handed pitching.

#48 JasonDyke

JasonDyke

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

GG Phillies. I missed the last game... went to my brother Jeffreys house and got drunk.

#49 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

http://philadelphia..../...sp&c_id=phiDerosa to the Phils in a three-way trade that would send Peavy to the Cubs? I'd take it. This might be the first off-season move that's been proposed involving the Phils that I've liked the sound of.

#50 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

Raul Ibanez signed for 3 years at 30 million. Ugh, what a weird move for this team to make.

#51 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

Signed Chan Ho Park to a guarenteed 2.5 mill, and Moyer to a 2-year deal worth a minimum of 13 mill, max of 20.WTF is Amaro doing? Does he just have no interest in trying to repeat?

#52 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

So Burrell gets signed for two years and 16 million by the Rays and the Phils are stuck with Ibanez for 31.5 million and three years.JC Romero suspended for 50 games.Awesome. So awesome.

#53 Snamuh

Snamuh

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,094 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE 6 Max

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Confusing offseason :club:
Snamuh raises to $76.75, and is all in
BigKamp: yyou lose
BigKamp has 15 seconds left to act
BigKamp calls $24.50, and is all in
Seat 1: BigKamp (small blind) mucked [Ad Ac] - a full house, Aces full of Kings
Seat 2: Snamuh (big blind) showed [Kd Kh] and won ($102.50) with four of a kind, Kings
Snamuh: you lose

#54 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

View PostSnamuh, on Thursday, January 15th, 2009, 8:59 PM, said:

Confusing offseason :club:
Finally did some smart things today. Signed Dobbs to two years for 2.5 million and Hamels to a 3-year deal for guarenteed 20.5 million with incentives. Hamels' deal will take him to the end of his arbitration period, and if he stays on task will probably end up saving us a fair amount that he would make in arbitration during his last two years of eligibility. Hopefully he just stays healthy.Now I'm just cringing to wait and see how much we have to pay Howard in arbitration.

#55 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Sunday, January 18th, 2009, 12:12 AM, said:

Now I'm just cringing to wait and see how much we have to pay Howard in arbitration.
Phils offer 14 million, Howard asks for 18. This is getting ridiculous. If the Phils drop out of it early this year, I'm really hoping we shop Howard around.

#56 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

Yeah Howard might not even be worth the 14. If there were any comparable replacements I would look to deal him right away.

#57 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

View PostMoneyball16, on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009, 12:59 AM, said:

Yeah Howard might not even be worth the 14. If there were any comparable replacements I would look to deal him right away.
I agree, but I know there's no way we deal him immediately after winning the championship. That's why now I'm currently hoping that we at least start to shop him the first "excuse" we get, such as dropping out of the race early this year.

#58 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

On the positive side a 2 year/10 million deal for Werth's last year of arbitration and his first year of free agency is an absolute steal.

#59 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

Back to your old ways already, dear Brett? *Sigh.* :club:

#60 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Sunday, April 5th, 2009, 7:05 PM, said:

Back to your old ways already, dear Brett? *Sigh.* :club:
Lowe looked good, annoyed me. :(Defending champs deserve a new thread imo.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users