123 replies to this topic

#21 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Hamels is the man and Lidge hasn't blown up yet.

#22 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:41 AM

0 for 11 with runner in scoring position and still win...that was like stealin baby!!!If Howard and J-Rol start to hit even a little this series will be 5 games. Lets get number 2 tonight!!
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#23 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7TD or Holdem

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Why are they playing Feliz at 3rd and Dobbs at DH against a right-hander in Shields. Feliz's defense does not come close to making up for the fact that Stairs is a million times better a hitter than Feliz against right handers.

#24 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

View PostMoneyball16, on Thursday, October 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM, said:

Why are they playing Feliz at 3rd and Dobbs at DH against a right-hander in Shields. Feliz's defense does not come close to making up for the fact that Stairs is a million times better a hitter than Feliz against right handers.
You could probably use the justification that Feliz had a couple hits yesterday and Manuel wanted to keep him in, but I frankly think Manuel would have kept Feliz at third even if he pulled an O-for yesterday cause that's just how Manuel rolls. I don't know enough about Stairs to say anything about him. Is he really that amazing against right-handed pitching?

#25 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Thursday, October 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

You could probably use the justification that Feliz had a couple hits yesterday and Manuel wanted to keep him in, but I frankly think Manuel would have kept Feliz at third even if he pulled an O-for yesterday cause that's just how Manuel rolls. I don't know enough about Stairs to say anything about him. Is he really that amazing against left-handed hitting?
No Feliz is just that bad. 246/282/422 against hem lifetime compared to 272/364/497 for Stairs. Thats probably optimistic for Stairs but hes still a hell of a lot better than Feliz.Manuel should probably split up Utley and Howard sometime too, because I dont think after the first 6 innings either of them is gonna see a right handed pitcher. They are just gonna see a heavy dosage of Price and Howell. I think you gotta put Burrell or Werth in between them somehow.

#26 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

View PostMoneyball16, on Friday, October 24th, 2008, 12:09 AM, said:

No Feliz is just that bad. 246/282/422 against hem lifetime compared to 272/364/497 for Stairs. Thats probably optimistic for Stairs but hes still a hell of a lot better than Feliz.Manuel should probably split up Utley and Howard sometime too, because I dont think after the first 6 innings either of them is gonna see a right handed pitcher. They are just gonna see a heavy dosage of Price and Howell. I think you gotta put Burrell or Werth in between them somehow.
Manuel's tried having Utley 2nd and Werth 3rd at points this year, and that wasn't that bad an arrangement. I agree that it'd be smart to move U and H apart. During the early months of this year I was surprised Manuel didn't move Burrell to cleanup and Howard down to 5th because Pat was on fire and Howard was hitting like a little girl. Currently though, Burrell isn't doing all that well either, so I dunno if moving him up would be the right call. I also think that part of the reason that Manuel isn't too concerned about moving U and H apart is that Utley isn't that significantly a poorer hitter against lefties. I think last year he was even better statistically against them than righties.In any case, I don't see Manuel making any real change to the lineup. He has this thing about keeping the formula that got us here or something like that. Which would explain why he didn't change the starting rotation around for the WS when he really probably should have.

#27 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

Moyer needs to send that homeplate ump a big fruit basket. Woot.

#28 *Lone*Trout*

*Lone*Trout*

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:fly-fishing, cycling, poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:7 Card Stud Low Hole Card Wild

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Did everyone see that Ruthian shot Joe Blanton hit? This is our year!
The Reluctant Midwesterner
"I'm like a flash of lightning and a rolling t'under
I'm dangerous, dangerous
I'm like a stepping razor
Don't you watch my size
I'm dangerous, I'm dangerous ."

Peter Tosh from Steppin' Razor

#29 SGFULTON83

SGFULTON83

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

View Post*Lone*Trout*, on Sunday, October 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

Did everyone see that Ruthian shot Joe Blanton hit? This is our year!
:club:

#30 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

One more game with Hamels on the mound. Dooooo it.

#31 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

Tonight it will be ova!!!! This town is going to assplode!!!!
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#32 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Sucks that the weather is screwing the potential celebration up. Hamels probably would have gone another inning or two as well were it not for the suspension. Up to the bullpen now.Weather doesn't look too good for tomorrow either, but might be able to get it in. We'll see.

#33 Piddle Duck

Piddle Duck

OH YEAH

• Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Peeing for distance

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Monday, October 27th, 2008, 11:42 PM, said:

Sucks that the weather is screwing the potential celebration up. Hamels probably would have gone another inning or two as well were it not for the suspension. Up to the bullpen now.Weather doesn't look too good for tomorrow either, but might be able to get it in. We'll see.
No game tonight

#34 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

View PostPiddle Duck, on Tuesday, October 28th, 2008, 2:07 PM, said:

No game tonight
Yup. Changes everything too, cause Hamels could end up being ready to come back on 3 days rest for Game 7 should it be necessary, or even regular rest if they leave the travel day in.

#35 vonteego3

vonteego3

Putting dogs ahead of people since 2005

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

lol... congrats to the Phillies, but booing the GM's congratulations of the Rays is typical Philadelphia.

#36 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

Congrats Philly Phans.

#37 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

The Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

View Postvonteego3, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 9:14 PM, said:

lol... congrats to the Phillies, but booing the GM's congratulations of the Rays is typical Philadelphia.
What else do you expect from fans who throw things at children?Congrats to the Phillies team and those (few?) Phillie fans who have some class.
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight

Five years in the making

#38 Oziumrules

Oziumrules

Golf Professional/Poker Amateur

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

Congrats Phillies !!! WS trophy stays in Pennsylvania next year but in Pittsburgh !!! Wishful thinking...

#39 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

View Postvonteego3, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM, said:

As a Phillie fan, let me say I find the typical Philly crowd quite classless as well.In any case, wooooooooot.Great season for Philly and Tampa both.

#40 vonteego3

vonteego3

Putting dogs ahead of people since 2005

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

As a Phillie fan, let me say I find the typical Philly crowd quite classless as well.In any case, wooooooooot.Great season for Philly and Tampa both.
You're not from Philly, are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users