• Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

Somewhere dr cossack is crying

#102 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

View Postakoff, on Monday, October 25th, 2010, 9:11 AM, said:

:club: sigh...congrats.
TY sir. it was a great series that i'll never forget. :ts

#103 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Monday, October 25th, 2010, 9:42 AM, said:

TY sir. it was a great series that i'll never forget. :club:
sadly for me i won't either!! LOL
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#104 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

View Postakoff, on Tuesday, October 26th, 2010, 7:27 AM, said:

sadly for me i won't either!! LOL
hah, very true. :club:

#105 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

Cliff Lee leaves a bunch of money on the table to come back to Philly? Coolio for us. Though, didn't we trade him away before last year for a bunch of B/C-level prospects because we didn't want to give him this sort of extension? Amaro needs to make up his mind about these things. I'm also stunned that Cliff Lee would pit the Rangers and Yankees against each other like this and then sign with a third team for less guaranteed money.This contract might bite us towards the end, but for 2011, I'm excited as shit. Potentially legendary rotation now, though maybe only for one year since Hamels and Oswalt could walk after 2011.

#106 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:26 AM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 12:07 AM, said:

Cliff Lee leaves a bunch of money on the table to come back to Philly? Coolio for us. Though, didn't we trade him away before last year for a bunch of B/C-level prospects because we didn't want to give him this sort of extension? Amaro needs to make up his mind about these things. I'm also stunned that Cliff Lee would pit the Rangers and Yankees against each other like this and then sign with a third team for less guaranteed money.This contract might bite us towards the end, but for 2011, I'm excited as shit. Potentially legendary rotation now, though maybe only for one year since Hamels and Oswalt could walk after 2011.
Great post. I have No idea what Ruben was doing last year...we got him for the same money as was being discussed. Still super happy about it right now. The window is wide for for at least 3 more years...dynasty...time will tell.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

#107 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 41,015 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:37 AM

THis is great..Another one that the Yankess couldnt land.
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#108 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

I did not see that coming at all. What a ridiculous rotation.

#109 3A

3A

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:b-ball, soccer, gaming
  • Favorite Poker Game:Razz, 2-7 Triple Draw

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

View Postakoff, on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 3:26 AM, said:

Great post. I have No idea what Ruben was doing last year...we got him for the same money as was being discussed. Still super happy about it right now. The window is wide for for at least 3 more years...dynasty...time will tell.
I'm sure a big part of the reason he ended up back in Philly was due to his incredible post season shows. Just one monster year on the books for the payroll, but that is going to come down significantly. This also gives the Phillies a ton of flexibility to trade Hamels mid season for a bat if they need one or potentially a top closer near the all star break depending on how their rotation is working out.
"You know what makes me happy? Rolled up Aces over kings... F@#k it, lets go!"

#110 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hey National League: If you guys wanna take Greinke and King Felix in the next couple years too, that'd be cool with me.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#111 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM, said:

Hey National League: If you guys wanna take Greinke and King Felix in the next couple years too, that'd be cool with me.
Nationals Aggressively Pursuing Trade for Greinke

#112 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 2:03 PM, said:

Oh hell yes. The only Greinke rumor I'd read in the last week involved the Rangers, if they didn't get Lee.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#113 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

View Post3A, on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM, said:

I'm sure a big part of the reason he ended up back in Philly was due to his incredible post season shows. Just one monster year on the books for the payroll, but that is going to come down significantly. This also gives the Phillies a ton of flexibility to trade Hamels mid season for a bat if they need one or potentially a top closer near the all star break depending on how their rotation is working out.
I would be shocked if they move Hamels, blanton is all but gone maybe they can package ibonez with him for a younger cheaper outfielder. all in all the staff is just stupid good...now lets hope they stay healthy!!

#114 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

View Postakoff, on Wednesday, December 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

I would be shocked if they move Hamels, blanton is all but gone maybe they can package ibonez with him for a younger cheaper outfielder. all in all the staff is just stupid good...now lets hope they stay healthy!!
your guys staff is rediculas. I would love to see another Giants Phillies NLCS pitching duel. :club:

#115 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

Cliff Lee and Jayson Werth have their first conversation after Lee signed his deal:Hilarious.

#116 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

Nice start overall, though the offense is due for some heavy regression, lol.

#117 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Friday, April 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM, said:

the offense is due for some heavy regression, lol.
I'm going to start hanging out in this thread. The Rangers and Red Sox threads are giving me a headache.You know what's amazing? Ryan Howard, who has been crushing it right now, has a 1340 OPS. Barry Bonds had four entire seasons better than that.

#118 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Friday, April 8th, 2011, 2:27 PM, said:

I'm going to start hanging out in this thread. The Rangers and Red Sox threads are giving me a headache.You know what's amazing? Ryan Howard, who has been crushing it right now, has a 1340 OPS. Barry Bonds had four entire seasons better than that.
In 2004, Bonds walked in 37.6% of his at-bats. That is an unfathomably high number. He had a .310 BABIP and a .362 batting average.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#119 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Friday, April 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM, said:

In 2004, Bonds walked in 37.6% of his at-bats. That is an unfathomably high number. He had a .310 BABIP and a .362 batting average.
the "clear" sharpened his eye..for whatever faults he had and there many he was very good staying in the strike zone and even better at being disciplined inside of the zone depending on the count....something that would make Howard much better if he learned.

#120 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

View Postakoff, on Tuesday, September 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM, said:

the "clear" sharpened his eye..for whatever faults he had and there many he was very good staying in the strike zone and even better at being disciplined inside of the zone depending on the count....something that would make Howard much better if he learned.
From Jonah Keri (who I've already mentioned twice today) about Pujols' "struggles":He's also swinging at more pitches out of the strike zone. Indeed, his O-Swing percentage has nearly doubled in the past seven years: Pujols swung at 15.7 percent of pitches out of the zone in 2004, versus 29.7 percent today.1Now here's that footnote:1That same year, Barry Bonds swung at a microscopic 8.8 percent of pitches outside the strike zone. Think about that. Bonds led the league with a .538 wOBA that year, in one of the most potent offensive seasons in baseball history. He almost never got a pitch to hit. But rather than hacking at a pitch out of the zone and rolling a grounder to second, he waited for that one pitch he could hammer. Bonds walked 232 times in 2004 (120 intentional, many more semi-intentional) and struck out just 41 times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users