My Vegas Trip Report

Ok, my Vegas trip report, with some pics attached, and a link to all my pics here:http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=zzdvuq...;localeid=en_US (you don't have to sign in to see them)If anyone wants a full res copy, let me know.Shan and I drove up to Vegas Thursday, got in around 4. Went by the Rio to check in for Saturdays tourney, then to the Paris where we were staying. Opened a bottle of wine and grabbed a sandwich and salad from a restaurant downstairs to munch on while we got ready. Had tickets for 'O' at the Bellagio that night. This is us in front of the Bellagio on our way to 'O', with the Paris in the background.parisxp9.jpg'O' was great. It didn't blow me away like Blue Man Group did the first time I saw it, but it was really amazing none-the-less. Shannon thought it was the second best show she's seen. Afterwards, we had dinner at Fix in the Bellagio. Best dinner of the trip by far. Had the Kobe beef sliders and the Crispy Rock Shrimp, and bottle of wine. The sliders were fricking amazing, I highly recommend them. Had the apple cobbler thing for dessert. Shannon loved it, but she was pretty drunk by now. I thought it was pretty good. Headed back to the room after that.Friday was golf day. Picked up AASnake88 and Vick12 and headed over. Had an absolutely great day. Our round took over 6 hours to finish, but we had tons of fun. My 4some was AASnake and Vick12 plus Chrozzo. Wow, 4 worst players all in the same group. On the first tee:vegas001ct2.jpgFrom left to right, Vick12, AASnake88, Chrozzo, MeWe played Badlands, which is a super sick course. Beautiful, but hard. I would end up losing 17 balls during the round. I tee'd off first, and crushed a rocket. Unfortunately, it rocketed right into one of the teebox rocks and shot straight backwards, coming about 6 inches from Vick12's head I believe. Much hilarity ensued. I ended up finishing the day up $5 in golf prop bets, which was only possible because the rest of my group sucked too. Balloon Guy was nice enough to bring cigars for everyone and taught me the finer points of how to light one and smoke it, so I was hooked for the day. Shannon didn't play but drove the cart and took pictures, so here are a bunch, covering most of the people that played:vegas014tv9.jpgFirst time Shannon has ever smoked anything in her life (not joking)vegas018yi3.jpgOziumrules and BGvegas028bp8.jpgWhere we spent most of our dayMore pics 2 posts below:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vegas030vt8.jpgCardcore, Suited_up, troyomacvegas031xx0.jpgLOL unhooked bag trick (he got Vick12 back later on)vegas034lx9.jpgMissed it by THAT muchvegas035gv0.jpgBoys Club. Chrozzo, me, Ozium, Vick12, Nutzbustervegas038us7.jpgMonix, Potsie P, GoStagsvegas045um9.jpgTrussdudevegas011ca8.jpgNavybuttons, Troyomac
vegas055fi4.jpgBeautiful course!vegas058wg6.jpgVisual proof that I did hit at least one ball in the air vegas059xv0.jpgNot even close to the most ridic house on the courseSo after golf, we finally get back to our hotel. I was hoping to get a decent nap in before going out that night, but the round ran so long that I only got about 30 mins. Got cleaned up and met everyone at Brand for dinner. Had a great time. Service was bad, food was great.vegas062wo0.jpgI love this pic of Loismustdie for some reason. vbnautilus, lois, makeyourselfvegas065al3.jpgvegas068ca5.jpgMe and Shanvegas070jp8.jpgLosers at the kiddie table. Friend of Trussdude, Friend of Trussdude, Trussdude, Navybuttonsvegas072ee3.jpgAcidKnight, AK's gf Lindsey on left side of table. BG, BG's wife, Cubsfan, Suited_up's GF Brigitte (probably spelled wrong, I know there is always confusion...), Suited_ups arm, half of GoStags faceWe then had a poker tourney after. GoStags crushed my soul by somehow having QT vs my AK and leading the flop and check/shipping me in on a KJ9K board. Plsdiekthx. Shan and I went back to our hotel and watched about half of 'Femme Fatal' before the power on her laptop died.vegas073ch8.jpgRdog, back of Chrozzo's head, friend of trussdude, pocketdeuces, back of trussdudes head, GoStags laughing because he was crushing someone elses soulvegas074lp1.jpgvegas075xp9.jpgIncluded because GetSprung (green shirt) and Bubbleboy (to his right) make an appearanceOn Saturday was the $1500nl. Woke up, Shan went to work out at the gym. First time she's been able to work out in about 3 weeks so apparently even though we were hung over and tired she was still motivated to go. I slept in obv, and surfed FCP. Hit the Grand Lux at the Venetian for breakfast, then over to Rio. First hand of tourney my table is still 6 handed. Folds to button who raises. I defend J9h. Flop ThXX, check check. Turn Q, I lead 200, he raises to 500. I call. River A. I am feeling frisky and think I can get him to fold KQ, QJ, etc. But I forgot live players don't fold, and he snaps off my 700 river bet. gg half my stack on first hand. I open a hand, my cbet gets called and I shut down and lose that pot. Down to 1100ish. I get KK and open limp it, nobody raises, I bet JT2 flop and win 100. I open AK, get called, cbet flop and shut down and lose pot. Down to 900ish. Dwindle to 575. Blinds go to 50/100 in 15 mins, folds to me in sb with A5o, I ship it in and say gl me. bb is only decent player at the table. He thinks for a bit and calls with 88, and he sucks out when I don't hit my A. gg me!Since I busto'd so fast, I was in the mood to play. Shan said I could play for the afternoon while she went to the spa and to the gym again. I played 5/10nl at the Venetian, up $1000 for the afternoon. Shannon's cousin and her husband (in the air force) just moved to Vegas from Italy. We had dinner with them and 2 of their air force buddies at Onda at the Mirage. None of us really were very impressed by the food, I don't recommend it. Afterwards, we played craps for a while, then hit Jet. Potsie P got us on the VIP list and it was pretty baller to skip the line and just cruise on in. Had a great time. Did a lot of shots, danced, and did some more shots.Thats about it. Lots of good stories from golf, but I'm horrible at remembering so maybe I'll add them more as I think of them.Mark
Excellent report Mark. Great pics too, although I am incorrectly labeled as vtlaxer09.There's no way he quite so good looking.
doh, fixed. In my defense, I was already drunk when you told me your sn. I remember your real name is Jonas though :)Mark
vegas001ct2.jpgFrom left to right, Vick12, AASnake88, Chrozzo, Me
Ok, 2 of these guys seriously need to spend more time in the sun and get more color.
vegas028bp8.jpgWhere we spent most of our day
loooooooolGood read Mark. Glad you all had fun. I hope to go out next year.
Ok, 2 of these guys seriously need to spend more time in the sun and get more color.loooooooolGood read Mark. Glad you all had fun. I hope to go out next year.
Not everyone is naturally brown, sir.If you go next year, I will 100% go.Also, really awesome report Mark. Great that you added pictures (especially of the infamous Balloon Guy)

Is it just me or does everyone kinda resemble their pic/name...especially Chrozzo, freakin awesome!It's kinda like seeing your favorite radio personality in pics for the first time, you don't know what to expect and you're usually disappointed...but these were exactly what I was expecting lol.Great recap

Damn, nice report, for some reason seeing visual proof of you all having a good time is making me really pissed I'm not there. Nice job on the pictures whoever was taking them too.Oh well, next year.

doh, fixed. In my defense, I was already drunk when you told me your sn. I remember your real name is Jonas though :)Mark
no worries, impossible to remember all 32 x 2 names, at least it was for me. :club:
Excellent report Mark. Great pics too, although I am incorrectly labeled as vtlaxer09.There's no way he's quite so good looking.
I read that and said, "there's not a chance in hell that's vtlaxer." Idk why. Prob because I envision him as a huge homo.
I read that and said, "there's not a chance in hell that's vtlaxer." Idk why. Prob because I envision him as a huge homo.
LMAOOOOOOO......I think I just woke Casey up because I was laughing so hard at this. Idk why.Also, yeah, those pics did come out really good Mark.
hahahahahaha!! :club::ts:D :D :4h Also, lol at all the water glasses at your table/s. Little did you guys know that you guys would have to spend close to $300 for all that "free" water. PWND!!
hahahahahaha!! :club::ts:D :D :4h Also, lol at all the water glasses at your table/s. Little did you guys know that you guys would have to spend close to $300 for all that "free" water. PWND!!
Probably didn't effect them because they are all ballers.I wish I could have been in Vegas a couple of weeks earlier.... jobs are stupid.
LMAOOOOOOO......I think I just woke Casey up because I was laughing so hard at this. Idk why.Also, yeah, those pics did come out really good Mark.
:club::ts I cannot wait until he reads this.

Damn!I look fat in that photo! :ts Time to hit the gym.I lost 12 balls and found 8. The ones I lost were cheap Top Flites from K-Mart and the ones I found were Callaways.The wine to drinker ratio was better at the kidde table. My steak was extremely well done and not very tasty. I traded with my friend and his steak was much better.I hit my $425 black bet on roulette right before the tournament on Friday.My Don Julio tequila went in the center with my chips three times and finally went to Jesse when his J-J won versus my suited A-K.I played $1/$2 at the Venetian from 2 PM Saturday until 6:30 AM on Sunday.My top two on the turn lost to top and bottom when he filled up on the river in a $700 pot. My nut flush lost to a rivered full house in a $1,000 three way pot. My nut straight on the turn lost to higher straight on the river in an $800 pot. Down 2.5 buy ins in the 16.5 hour session. Up about $1,000 in Blackjack and Roulette. Came home with about the same amount of money I came with.I'll be back in two weeks. :club:

Good work Gents... Be there next year!! Ran into a bit of a snag and had to leave Vegas early... stupid born babies that cry.Fright(end)

AcidKnight, AK's gf Lindsey on left side of table. BG, BG's wife, Cubsfan, Suited_up's GF, Suited_ups arm, half of GoStags face
She thought you were really cool, but you'll totally earn bonus points for spelling that correctly.
She thought you were really cool, but you'll totally earn bonus points for spelling that correctly.
LOL thats kind of hilarious, because I was just editing in Kurt's gf's name before I even saw your post, and I know he always gets upset when people spell it wrong and I probably did hahaha. Mark
lol.ill be there next year for sure.. so we can judge who's bestest looking imo.great report mark.

nice pics!some serious guys with very white legs! gotta start playing online outside and get some sun! :club: