View Postcwik, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 6:17 PM, said:

Cwik Pic
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA(that rhymes btw) :club:

#43 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

I'm what's left. I'm what's right.

• Members
  • 9,292 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:You vs Me. Cagematch.

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

View PostNo_Neck, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 3:18 PM, said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA(that rhymes btw) :club:
So, I had mentioned that my girlfriend likes dressing up her dog when she (my girlfriend) is having a bad day. She decided she wanted to get an outfit for my cat. This is the abomination that occurred.

#44 Naismith

Naismith

Perry Friedman: I was planning on reloaded through Naismith

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Crazy Pineapple

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

I want everyone to remember when listening to advice from Acid that he allowed this to happen to his cat.
Peace,
Jay

#45 cwik

cwik

Bully for you.

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

View PostAcid_Knight, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 3:33 PM, said:

So, I had mentioned that my girlfriend likes dressing up her dog when she (my girlfriend) is having a bad day. She decided she wanted to get an outfit for my cat. This is the abomination that occurred.
Edited, cause Jay said the same thing.

#46 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

View PostNaismith, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 3:35 PM, said:

I want everyone to remember when listening to advice from Acid that he allowed this to happen to his cat.
Metagame considerations.

#47 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

I guess my biggest problems come in live games that are full and we get a small PP in UTG or UTG + 1. Do we just call and see what develops?Also, same type of game with Mid PP (usually 88 - JJ). Do we raise these hands? I will usually raise and then C-bet the flop if there is no A, of course this is situational but that is my usual play, is this good or am I probably spewing in the long run?
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#48 AimHigher

AimHigher

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

Acid, What is bet/folding's role in your game and what circumstances do you typically look for when utilizing a bet/fold?

#49 Dictius

Dictius

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Acid, In what type of situations do you prefer to float the flop and bluff the turn or just bluff on the flop?

#50 Naismith

Naismith

Perry Friedman: I was planning on reloaded through Naismith

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Crazy Pineapple

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Might as well put this in Matt's vanity thread.I believe it is currently the 38th birthday of one Mr. Acid_Knight.Happy birthday, bro. Leave the cat alone.
Peace,
Jay

#51 MikeBauer26

MikeBauer26

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Location:Between stakes, transmitting chips to higher levelz
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

Yeah!HAPPY BIRTHDAY :club:
The mentally challenged are out in force today, and as usual they are completely owning me.
QUOTE(simo_8ball @ Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008, 2:03 PM) -

#52 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:36 AM

View PostNaismith, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Might as well put this in Matt's vanity thread.I believe it is currently the 26th birthday of one Mr. Acid_Knight.Happy birthday, bro. Leave the cat alone.
FYP. Thanks. The cat is safe. Zach6668 only rapes dogs.

#53 Jordan

Jordan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

lolz

#54 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:27 AM

View Postdapokerbum, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 4:26 PM, said:

I guess my biggest problems come in live games that are full and we get a small PP in UTG or UTG + 1. Do we just call and see what develops?Also, same type of game with Mid PP (usually 88 - JJ). Do we raise these hands? I will usually raise and then C-bet the flop if there is no A, of course this is situational but that is my usual play, is this good or am I probably spewing in the long run?
If the game is playing very loosely, then you just want to try and get into the pot with the smaller pairs and try to flop a set. Limping can be ok, but I still prefer raising most hands depending on who's defending and how lightly they're stacking off.Don't think of any flop with no Ace as a good c-betting flop. Instead think about the ranges of hands that your opponents were likely to call your PFR with and how often those ranges like that flop and then act accordingly.

#55 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:30 AM

View PostAimHigher, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 8:37 PM, said:

What is bet/folding's role in your game and what circumstances do you typically look for when utilizing a bet/fold?
Bet folding is best in spots where the player you're betting into will not likely bluff raise your bet.For example:I have AKo and raise and my opponent calls but I am OOP. The flop is AK4 with 2 spades. I bet and he calls. The turn is a 9. I bet and he calls. The river is the 9 of spades. Now, if I bet here, he will likely pay me off with a lot of Ax hands and I will gain value. He probably never has a 9 and even if he does, he might not raise because the flush got there. Basically, this is a spot where if he raises you, he's got a flush and you should fold, but it's still often profitable to make this bet and then fold since you do get value from many hands that you beat.

#56 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:34 AM

View PostDictius, on Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 9:17 PM, said:

In what type of situations do you prefer to float the flop and bluff the turn or just bluff on the flop?
Playing HU, a lot of players like donking into you. When they do this on a coordinated board, like T96hh, I generally just raise them as a bluff/for value since there are many bad turn cards. When players start donking hands like JJ3r into you, that's a great time to float because to them, it looks more like you're slowplaying and it will enable you to get the pot cheaper and just fold the turn if they fire again. Also, people who like to just barrel lots of flops and turns are lesser candidates because you want control of the hand, so just bluffraise those guys on the flop and save the floating for people who give up when they're OOP and get called.

#57 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:37 AM

Posted Image

#58 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

View PostNo_Neck, on Friday, May 30th, 2008, 9:37 AM, said:

Posted Image
It's so nice you baked a cake for me.

#59 Sychar

Sychar

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

I'm one of those micro limit players who is jealous of those of you who are good at poker. I have a decent concept of the game but don't know how to get better.When I hear things like... post hands in the strat forums, I always wonder which hands should qualify. I'm the typical guy who post a bad beat hand and gets told to live with the results. I have trouble identifying the leaks.What should players like me do to get better? We understand it isn't as simple as playing a 15/11 Tag formula or something statistic, yet we can't identify what kinds of hands to analyze and are clearly underskilled (to be good) at assigning ranges correctly.What should our first couple of steps be to make millions like you?

#60 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

• Members
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

View PostSychar, on Monday, June 2nd, 2008, 7:37 PM, said:

I'm one of those micro limit players who is jealous of those of you who are good at poker. I have a decent concept of the game but don't know how to get better.When I hear things like... post hands in the strat forums, I always wonder which hands should qualify. I'm the typical guy who post a bad beat hand and gets told to live with the results. I have trouble identifying the leaks.What should players like me do to get better? We understand it isn't as simple as playing a 15/11 Tag formula or something statistic, yet we can't identify what kinds of hands to analyze and are clearly underskilled (to be good) at assigning ranges correctly.What should our first couple of steps be to make millions hundreds like you?
The first thing that you want to do is to read some books and get a good background in the game. Read the FAQ post stickied at the top of the strat forum. The fact that you're even in here, asking this question means that you're already better off than a lot of people who don't care or who aren't interested in putting in the effort to be good.It takes a lot of work. There probably isn't a solid winning player out there who didn't start off as a losing one who decided to put in the effort to become good.What I would do:1. Get some books on the game you want to learn. Read reviews of them on Amazon or something to see what people think of them. In general, this will give you some math background and general guidelines for play.2. Read the posts in the NL strat forum (if you want to learn NL). Read all of them, or as many as you can handle. Find out what situations people are asking about. Think about what you would do and then see what the winning players suggest that you do. Were those things the same? If not, try and figure out why the winning players are suggesting what they are. Hopefully they explain themselves well, but try and figure out why they're doing what they're doing.3. Play poker. Play tight. Play straightforward. Try and make the plays that were talked about in the forum. If you come to spots that you think are tough, post the hand. If the responses are something like "standard" or very simple responses, it means that it's probably a pretty common situation and you should try and understand why it's common and what to do with it. Soon you will get to the point where you're posting hands and people will have different opinions on what is best, which will usually mean that it's actually a pretty tough/difficult decision that needed to be posted here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users