Shia LaBeouf

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:37 AM

five spots left.

#42 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Tuesday, October 7th, 2008, 6:49 AM, said:

League ID#: 52822 League Name: FCP Keeper Password: daniel Draft Type: Live Draft Draft Time: Sun Oct 26 9:00pm CDT Max Teams: 8Scoring Type: Head-to-Head We can discuss roster positions if you'd like.
oh crap...that's 9 am for me.hmm...I love basketball but have never been in a NBA pool before. oh well, somebody has to be last in the Keeper League. count me in!PS please pm me a reminder prior to draft day

#43 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

View Postfleung22, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 4:32 AM, said:

oh crap...that's 9 am for me.hmm...I love basketball but have never been in a NBA pool before. oh well, somebody has to be last in the Keeper League. count me in!PS please pm me a reminder prior to draft day
ok, just read about how these things work at http://www.nba.com/f..._kit/intro.htmlI'm in but I request we move to 10:30 pm EST. I'll try to get some buddies to join.Also, is it possible to keep it relatively simple? I really like the idea of pts, rebounds, assists and maybe blocks/steals.

#44 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

View Postfleung22, on Wednesday, October 8th, 2008, 4:53 PM, said:

ok, just read about how these things work at http://www.nba.com/f..._kit/intro.htmlI'm in but I request we move to 10:30 pm EST. I'll try to get some buddies to join.Also, is it possible to keep it relatively simple? I really like the idea of pts, rebounds, assists and maybe blocks/steals.
draft time wont be changed until the league is full and we see what a consensus is. but i really dislike changing it once it set. so probably not.the stats are the basic stats of any basketball league, and they will stay what they are.but good to have you aboard, and i'll do my best to send that reminder pm.

#45 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 5:12 AM, said:

draft time wont be changed until the league is full and we see what a consensus is. but i really dislike changing it once it set. so probably not.the stats are the basic stats of any basketball league, and they will stay what they are.but good to have you aboard, and i'll do my best to send that reminder pm.
no worries...at worst I'll just suck it up and wake up like a normal human being for a day. very excited!EDIT: just registered... so it's 10 pm EST. I can't think of the last time I saw somebody use CDT. that's MUCH better.any recommendations on help to build a list without buying that stupid fantasy kit from nba.com?

#46 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

View Postfleung22, on Wednesday, October 8th, 2008, 5:21 PM, said:

no worries...at worst I'll just suck it up and wake up like a normal human being for a day. very excited!
alrighty then. and since its your first time, i'll leave you with this advice. Its a Keepr League, so go young. Kobe may be better than Lebron this year, but in a Keeper League, Lebron is more valuable.Steve Nash - Deron Williams is another good example of that.

#47 lindros88

lindros88

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm in...got the 26th of Oct circled on my calender.

#48 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 5:23 AM, said:

alrighty then. and since its your first time, i'll leave you with this advice. Its a Keepr League, so go young. Kobe may be better than Lebron this year, but in a Keeper League, Lebron is more valuable.Steve Nash - Deron Williams is another good example of that.
ohhh...right, because we 'keep' the players from year to year.so are the number of players we keep arbitrary or is there a must? for example do I have the choice of dumping 5 of 12 or do I HAVE to dump 5 of 12 (or whatever number).boo...most of you guys just went with your FCP names. I thought we were setting up a league and teams a la <City><Nickname>mehthis newbie is gonna make y'all eat it with the only international team in the league --> Macau Pork Buns! bwahahahaHAHA!!!

#49 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

Im 'AmericanPsycho'. Thats the name I use for all my fantasy teams. Its kinda my thing.And our roster sizes are 13. And we'll keep 8. Drop 5. Then before the next year, I'll add each teams 8 players to their roster. Then in reverse order of previous yera finish, we'll each add one player at a time. Easy peasy, japaneasy.

#50 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 6:16 AM, said:

Im 'AmericanPsycho'. Thats the name I use for all my fantasy teams. Its kinda my thing.And our roster sizes are 13. And we'll keep 8. Drop 5. Then before the next year, I'll add each teams 8 players to their roster. Then in reverse order of previous yera finish, we'll each add one player at a time. Easy peasy, japaneasy.
dammit...it's now 6:30 am where I am and I have a full day of meetings. everybody else has trophies so now I want one!!sorry, quick list of questions:1 so I assume we're doing a snake draft to keep things fair?2 once we set our roster for the week can we change day-to-day?3 it's total points and not ppg for the week right? meaning I should choose players who have the most games each week4 are we drafting on msn messenger (or similar) or do we do it right on yahoo?

#51 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

View Postfleung22, on Wednesday, October 8th, 2008, 6:33 PM, said:

dammit...it's now 6:30 am where I am and I have a full day of meetings. everybody else has trophies so now I want one!!sorry, quick list of questions:1 so I assume we're doing a snake draft to keep things fair?2 once we set our roster for the week can we change day-to-day?3 it's total points and not ppg for the week right? meaning I should choose players who have the most games each week4 are we drafting on msn messenger (or similar) or do we do it right on yahoo?
1. yes.2. yes.3. the stats count for each player, in each game for the week, and then they resest. you'll see, its pretty simple.4. right on yahoo.

#52 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

things that would make this league better1. 10 teams2. 3 keepers. 8 keepers is insane especialy with 8 teams. make the keepers matter.I'm not planning on joining but those are just a couple things I'd recommend

#53 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

View Postrunthemover, on Wednesday, October 8th, 2008, 7:51 PM, said:

things that would make this league better1. 10 teams2. 3 keepers. 8 keepers is insane especialy with 8 teams. make the keepers matter.
We may expand, but I figured I'd keep it at 8 to start.And I personally like the idea of keeping most of the team. Otherwise you basically have a brand new team every year, so why even do a keeper league? But if everyone agrees, I would be willing to go down as low as 6, but that would be the minimum and I'd still be resentful.

#54 umop-apisdn

umop-apisdn

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

Hey,Just got a PM from Far-east Fleung, asking to beat him senseless at fantasy basketball. If there's room still, I'm going to sign up (Yahoo fantasy right)? I'm 'GreatGooglyMoogly' on Yahoo - if you're already full let me know and I'll bugger off...ps: love the league setup - 8 keepers = trade-fest in the off-season :club:

#55 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

View Postumop-apisdn, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 12:02 AM, said:

Hey,Just got a PM from Far-east Fleung, asking to beat him senseless at fantasy basketball. If there's room still, I'm going to sign up (Yahoo fantasy right)? I'm 'azrael1_1999' on Yahoo - if you're already full let me know and I'll bugger off...ps: love the league setup - 8 keepers = trade-fest in the off-season :club:
welcome aboard.

#56 fleung22

fleung22

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

View Postumop-apisdn, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM, said:

I'm 'GreatGooglyMoogly' on Yahoo
WTF!?did your newborn pick your team name??haha...with you, Gary and Carlo in this I can see Bosh, Oneal and Calderon moving up in the draft

#57 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,987 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:01 AM

Is there still room for McGee?
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#58 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:44 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, October 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

Is there still room for McGee?
i think there be one spot left.

#59 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,987 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, October 11th, 2008, 7:44 AM, said:

i think there be one spot left.
you let me know, if so, I'm in.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#60 HollywoodAFD

HollywoodAFD

Why so serious?

• Members
  • 6,527 posts
  • Interests:Poker and hockey
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold em

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

Have fun

"If it wasn't for luck I'd win every one" -- Phil Hellmuth

QUOTE (Suited_Up @ Tuesday, July 1st, 2008, 9:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hollywood is fake though, I might know who it is. If not, then I'm scared for the world.

QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Tuesday, March 18th, 2008, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey leave hollywoodafd alone. he is a quality poster and can post any time he wants.

QUOTE (LongLiveYorke @ Friday, February 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I agree with Hollywood... weeeee

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users