26 replies to this topic

#21 PrtyPSux

PrtyPSux

WE TAKIN OVER!

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:29 AM

View PostSkirma, on Saturday, May 24th, 2008, 9:28 AM, said:

Ok, i joined pokerVT. It looks amazing - best design by far. But i am worried a little bit that when you have more mebers it can become to slow. Hope your team is ready for those situations and members wil not sufer. Now about videos. You are pobably the best spoken person in poker, so your videos are realy realy great. Problem - ist not to much of them right now. You say its 300 teaching segmens right now. Probably its tru, but some segmens are 15 sec. long. I just dont realy understant why make it. Its better to see a normal half hour video - not 6 five minutes long segments when you have to click on every one of them. Its just to dificult to concentrate some times. Probably 90 proc. of vidoes are not longer then 10 min. Lots of 2 min. to 5 min. shorts. So when you said it takes month to wach it - hm... probably you dont realy need a week right now. It still has value and i have no regreds, but i am sure every member is expecting that content of this site will grow fast. You have great design and some great trainers - with good flow of fresh information you can realy become big. What I realy realy enjoyed is HU play. Its just so important aspeckt of poker and other sites realy dont have much to offer. In pokerVT i founded realy nice videos. And if Paul will make more hu videos, not only quick rewiev of some seleckted hands it will be amazing. Thanx for your answer by the way and BY.
So far, I think my videos can use some work, especially with explaining some of my plays. I'm working on it though. I just wanted to let you know I've recorded a few mid stakes HU games and plan on having at least 2 hrs of HU videos within the next week. (I'm JC btw...not Paul)

#22 killerbunnnnnnny

killerbunnnnnnny

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/LHE

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hi i normally just read these forums, but i have a question for anyone from poker VT. The poker market seems to be moving away from no limit and towards pot limit Omaha and to a lesser extent HORSE, I know VT has boosted j and he has lots of time under his belt with pot limit Omaha, and I respect Daniel Negreanu's poker opinion in different forms of poker for example his triple draw chapter in super system 2.so basically I want to know how much of the training site's future will have Omaha in it or horse?I will join regardless because i think this site has the best platform for growth into the best training site. and i trust that some of the greatest poker minds in the world will bring a new perspective to many poker games. thanks

#23 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:47 AM

View Postkillerbunnnnnnny, on Sunday, May 25th, 2008, 6:07 AM, said:

Hi i normally just read these forums, but i have a question for anyone from poker VT. The poker market seems to be moving away from no limit and towards pot limit Omaha and to a lesser extent HORSE, I know VT has boosted j and he has lots of time under his belt with pot limit Omaha, and I respect Daniel Negreanu's poker opinion in different forms of poker for example his triple draw chapter in super system 2.so basically I want to know how much of the training site's future will have Omaha in it or horse?I will join regardless because i think this site has the best platform for growth into the best training site. and i trust that some of the greatest poker minds in the world will bring a new perspective to many poker games. thanks
NL Holdem is by far the most popular form of poker currently but you're right about the need to cover other forms as well and I know that Daniel's plans include covering the other forms of poker in the future at Poker VT.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#24 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

View Postkillerbunnnnnnny, on Sunday, May 25th, 2008, 3:07 AM, said:

As you can probably tell, it takes a good amount of time to get the content as polished as the end product. Having said that, my plan is to recreate the same type of modules for every variation of poker. Likely adding either PLO or LH next, and then going on down the road with all of the HORSE games. This will take a long time to finish, obviously since I essentially need to write the content out for all the other games first. My plan at this point is to tackle it one game at a time, starting with the most popular: NLH.

#25 killerbunnnnnnny

killerbunnnnnnny

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/LHE

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Sunday, May 25th, 2008, 1:26 PM, said:

As you can probably tell, it takes a good amount of time to get the content as polished as the end product. Having said that, my plan is to recreate the same type of modules for every variation of poker. Likely adding either PLO or LH next, and then going on down the road with all of the HORSE games. This will take a long time to finish, obviously since I essentially need to write the content out for all the other games first. My plan at this point is to tackle it one game at a time, starting with the most popular: NLH.
Thanks for your reply, and i cant wait to hear your perspective on pot limit Omaha, but first ill find out how to play no limit your wayThanks again :club:

#26 bigal7862

bigal7862

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HOLD'EM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

I recently purchased my first month of poker VT just last Sunday, and i have to say it is exactly what you look for when you buy it. I know you (daniel and the othe VT pros) will eventually encoporate other types of poker onto the sight. but for right now NL Hold 'em is just fine with me. I love all the stuff on small ball, GENIOUS! I also love the recordings of online, it has really improved my game and i say it is well worth 300 bucks, or whatever you will spend on it in the long run~~~~~~~~~ALEX :club: P.S i have taken the N-SPAT 4 times and have gotten an 81% all 4 times, is there something wrong with it or am is it just me answering all the questions the same?

#27 Bluebull15

Bluebull15

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hi,Firstly, I have been a lurker on this site for a very long time... huge fan of the blog and dont think I have missed an entry in the last couple of years. So I was looking forward to PokerVT for a long time. I finally managed to get access this evening and the content seems very worthwhile. But I want to make a few points about the design of the site. 1. Unfortunately not all of us live in the world where bandwidth is measured in Gb/s. I have what is considered a broadband connection in my country but the site is barely usable to me. My primary concern when joining a training site is the value of the content and to be honest having a fancy flashy web site doesn't really seem necessary to me. The problem is compunded by the fact that the material is in lots of tiny chunks (whats with 25 second videos), I cant see how long each chunk is before I view it (i.e. I could just skip the ridiculously short sections) and most importantly I can't download the videos. 2. No offense... but for all the flashiness of the site, to then display some of the videos in such an awful manner as Anettes just doesn't make any sense. Can barely se a thing.... I will most likely trawl through the small ball course because I am really interested in that section and hearing what Daniel has to say but it is not going to be an enjoyable experience for me and I definitely would not be a long term member if the content is not made more easily available i.e. downloadable. Other training sites provide streaming and download options and protect there content with DRM technologies and I really think its the way to go. Not everyone is online on huge broadband connections all the time. Not trying to be to negative... just wanting it to be known that for those outside of North America and Europe, this isnt the most usable site which really sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users