• Please log in to reply
5446 replies to this topic

#4541 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I approve that review. Everything about that movie was wrong.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#4542 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,066 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Tinker Tailor Soldier SpyIt probably was a really good movie. I just had no idea wtf was going on the whole time. It was really hard to follow.

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#4543 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,250 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:34 AM

View Postking_tanner, on 10 May 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Tinker Tailor Soldier SpyIt probably was a really good movie. I just had no idea wtf was going on the whole time. It was really hard to follow.
Pretty much how I felt. I don't even think I watched the ending, because it wasn't going to mean anything to me. I started watching it half-drunk, which is something I wouldn't recommend, either.
Marital Aids.

#4544 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

I saw "Melancholia" last night, which is a film by Lars Von Trier. I don't really want to talk much about the plot because I really didn't know anything about it going in, and I think that helped my experience. It's a very strange movie, and a very beautiful one. It was so different than most things I'm used to seeing. Worth checking out, if you want to watch a 2+ hour artistic movie with Kirstin Dunst...

#4545 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,965 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on 12 May 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I saw "Melancholia" last night, which is a film by Lars Von Trier. I don't really want to talk much about the plot because I really didn't know anything about it going in, and I think that helped my experience. It's a very strange movie, and a very beautiful one. It was so different than most things I'm used to seeing. Worth checking out, if you want to watch a 2+ hour artistic movie with Kirstin Dunst...
I almost watched this last night too, since it was on Netflix or Amazon streaming, I can't remember which. I had the button on "Watch Now" and everything.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#4546 Essay21

Essay21

poker forum god

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Drive.it was very good. but i think the expectations got to me. i was a little disappointed to be honest.

#4547 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,655 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

I have seen some movies recently.fast food nation: super disappointed in this movie. it never really got a good plotline going or any characters developed because it was constantly trying to move into different directions with different characters. when it was over I felt like I hadn't seen a single bit of a story. but the movie itself damn sure thinks it's important. it'll slap you in the face with how important it is every five minutes or so.3:10 to yuma. super surprised at how good this was. I was just expecting a decent western action flick and it turned out to be a really good all around movie. not much else to say about it but it's definitely one I'd watch again.

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#4548 Iphonenkinder

Iphonenkinder

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Calculating my BMI.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Men in Black 3Ok Hollywood, I know there is no God, that we all die alone, and when a baby smiles at you it's really just gas. But do you have to rub it in like this?Make a mediocre movie, try and convince me Will Smith still has 8oz of charisma (he doesn't). Leave the guy from A Serious Man and the guy from Flight of the Concords alone. They don't deserve your mealy mouth degradations.Up to the ending though, you were just mediocre in that way where you weren't good, but you were better than part 2. The ending though, makes the whole movie a steaming pile of poo.
Just call me "Bad Shakespeare."

#4549 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,965 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostIphonenkinder, on 22 May 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Men in Black 3Ok Hollywood, I know there is no God, that we all die alone, and when a baby smiles at you it's really just gas. But do you have to rub it in like this?Make a mediocre movie, try and convince me Will Smith still has 8oz of charisma (he doesn't). Leave the guy from A Serious Man and the guy from Flight of the Concords alone. They don't deserve your mealy mouth degradations.Up to the ending though, you were just mediocre in that way where you weren't good, but you were better than part 2. The ending though, makes the whole movie a steaming pile of poo.
That's disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing this.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#4550 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 22 May 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing this.
Ebert liked it. I'll probably go see it just because I liked the first one so much. I don't even remember the 2nd one though.

#4551 Essay21

Essay21

poker forum god

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

men in black 2 was an abomination. a disgrace to tommy lee jones and big willie style. they better do it right with this one, but i have no hope for that.

#4552 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

What to expect when you are expectingDon't ask me how I got suckered into watching this, but it was the worst ****ing movie I have ever seen. I do like Anna Kendrick a lot though.5 Year engagementI liked it a lot. Kind of a real life rom-com. My screening had a really terrible audience though, and I often found myself laughing all by myself. I think it could have been a lot funnier with a better audience, but I still found it pretty damn funny.Ides of MarchIt was pheonomenal. I loved pretty much every minute of it. great cast, obviously, and just really tense and well done all the way through.

#4553 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostIphonenkinder, on 22 May 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Up to the ending though, you were just mediocre in that way where you weren't good, but you were better than part 2. The ending though, makes the whole movie a steaming pile of poo.
I liked the movie and the ending. I have, however, avoided thinking about the implications of the ending as it relates to the first movie.One minor quibble:
Spoiler
Oh, and I think Will Smith has at least 8 ounces of charisma. Probably more. I don't actually know how you weigh such things.

#4554 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Oprah has a fool proof way to measure such things:http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-Charismatic-Are-You

#4555 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

• Members
  • 14,655 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostDubey, on 29 May 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Ides of MarchIt was pheonomenal. I loved pretty much every minute of it. great cast, obviously, and just really tense and well done all the way through.
really? I was just re-thinking about this movie the other day (some random daydream about clooney and gosling, as usual) and I remembered how bland I thought it was. to me it seemed like a movie that wanted to be so much more than it ever got to be. like they didn't build the characters or plot or anything up enough, or something like that. should I possibly give it another shot? you know, for clooney/gosling?also: things I just watched - the greatest movie ever sold. liked it a lot. it was pretty damn funny and interesting to see how all of that worked. it didn't really dig as deep as I would have liked it to, but considering how he paid for the movie (with the sponsers that the movie was basically about), that would have been pretty difficult. hotel rwanda - it was ok. I... don't have much more to say about it. which seems weird for a movie about geonocide, but here we are.also rewatched the basketball diaries. loved this when I was a teenager, fucking hate it now. his writing was shit. at least what was in the movie.

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#4556 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on 29 May 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

should I possibly give it another shot?
Nah. I would rather watch two random episodes of the West Wing than that movie again.I mean, I liked Ides, but I just can't think of any reason to watch it again.

#4557 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,965 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on 29 May 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

really? I was just re-thinking about this movie the other day (some random daydream about clooney and gosling, as usual) and I remembered how bland I thought it was. to me it seemed like a movie that wanted to be so much more than it ever got to be. like they didn't build the characters or plot or anything up enough, or something like that. should I possibly give it another shot? you know, for clooney/gosling?also: things I just watched - the greatest movie ever sold. liked it a lot. it was pretty damn funny and interesting to see how all of that worked. it didn't really dig as deep as I would have liked it to, but considering how he paid for the movie (with the sponsers that the movie was basically about), that would have been pretty difficult. hotel rwanda - it was ok. I... don't have much more to say about it. which seems weird for a movie about geonocide, but here we are.also rewatched the basketball diaries. loved this when I was a teenager, fucking hate it now. his writing was shit. at least what was in the movie.
Did you like Michael Clayton and would you watch it again?

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#4558 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Brvheart loooooves Michael Clayton.

#4559 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,965 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

You're ruining everything, Joey.

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#4560 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

• Members
  • 14,655 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 29 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Did you like Michael Clayton and would you watch it again?
hmm, well, it seems that I had forgotten that I'd watched that. but yeah, I liked it, but no, I doubt I'd watch it again. I mean under current circumstances (having to re-rent it from netflix and take up one of my three slots), but I guess if I had hbo and nothing to do and it was on, then sure, I'd watch it again. why did I do all of this analysis for that simple question? the world may never know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users