847 replies to this topic

#21 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:LO8

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:38 AM

I luv micro limits!!!! I'm either just getting lucky in the tables I'm picking or this is like a candy store!!!! doubling buy-ins at 3 out of 4 tables in an hr is fun!!!!!!PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($4.47)Button ($3.59)SB ($2.88)BB ($5.07)UTG ($1.55)Preflop: Hero is MP with TPosted Image, 2Posted Image, APosted Image, 2Posted Image. UTG raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, 1 fold.Flop: ($0.23) 9Posted Image, 4Posted Image, 7Posted Image (3 players)SB checks, UTG bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23, SB folds.Turn: ($0.69) 5Posted Image (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.69, UTG raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.56.River: ($3.19) JPosted Image (2 players)Final Pot: $3.19Results in white below: UTG has Jh 4c 6s Ah (Low: 7, 6, 5, 4, A | High: two pair, jacks and fours). Hero has Th 2d Ad 2c (Low: 7, 5, 4, 2, A | High: flush, ace high). Outcome: Hero wins $3.19.
QUOTE (antistuff @ Wednesday, January 28th, 2009, 6:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i told him that this hand makes him the worst player on the internet and that this was the gayest straight ever.

i then felt very clever.

Holy Crip it's a Crapple!

#22 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

View Postantistuff, on Monday, April 14th, 2008, 8:32 PM, said:

the trick is to find people who do that for $200. they are out there.
That would be nice!!!!!! :club:
i told him that this hand makes him the worst player on the internet and that this was the gayest straight ever.

i then felt very clever.

#23 Cappy37

Cappy37

Once again yelled at all day by nekkid women

• Members
  • 9,907 posts
  • Interests:poker, music, books
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8b, Razz

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

View Postrvrchsrhtr, on Thursday, April 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

sad how often I've been seeing this from the wrong end lately. guess at least I didn't raise it one more time...sighPokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with KPosted Image, APosted Image, KPosted Image, 3Posted Image. UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.
Have you considered moving up in limits at all? It's just my opinion, but if you are limping/flat-calling limps with KKA3 from MP full ring, what in gods name are you raising with?I was a career losing player at .50/1 o8b, and I moved up to $1/$2 and $2/$4 and turn solid profit just hijacking the role of table captain. They (usually) will figure out what you are doing after about a dozen orbits, but you'll be up enough you can nit up and match big hands with flops. I bring this up simply because I use to get frustrated by sleepnittingwalking my way though a half dozen ridiculously loose calling stations to beat rake on a good night at .50/1. Once I made the jump I felt I finally started getting the chance to play some actual poker on the stars tables.
QUOTE (El Guapo @ Thursday, April 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever angle it is, i am pretty sure it will be obtuse.

QUOTE (David_Sklansky @ Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 7:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I give you the gift of arousal and this is how you talk to me?

#24 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:39 AM

Poker StarsPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.01/$0.026 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A :5c 7 :D A :club: 4 :3h Hero calls, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.09, SB calls, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.38, Button raises to $1.25, SB calls all-in $0.4, Hero raises all-in $2.85, Button calls all-in $1.19.Uncalled bets: $0.41 returned to Hero. Flop: 8 :D J :ts 7 :D ($0.55, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $1.49, Sidepot 1: $3.43)Turn: T :D ($0.55, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $1.49, Sidepot 1: $3.43)River: 8 :4h ($0.55, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $1.49, Sidepot 1: $3.43)Results:Final pot: $0.55stupid converter......here's villains hands Seat 3: axisally (button) showed [5h Kc 7s Qh] and won ($5.14) with HI: a flush, Queen highSeat 4: quelix2 (small blind) mucked [Qd 7d Td 3d]

i then felt very clever.

#25 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

Hand that put me out in 15th out of 421Poker StarsPot Limit Omaha TournamentBlinds: t800/t16007 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t28530UTG+1: t25811MP1: t199236CO: t55332Button: t90892hero: t23167BB: t6838Pre-flop: (7 players) hero is SB with A :club: Q :ts A :D 8 :3h UTG raises to t5600, 4 folds, hero raises to t18400, BB folds, UTG calls t12800 (pot was t25600).Flop: 7 :D 3 :5c 9 :D (t38400, 2 players)hero is all-in t4767, UTG calls t4767 (pot was t43167).Turn: 3 :D (t47934, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t47934)River: 3 :4h (t47934, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t47934)Results:Final pot: t47934 villain=burt lake: shows [3c 9h 4h 2h] (HI: four of a kind, Threes) UTG!

i then felt very clever.

#26 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:41 AM

took a bit of a different line here. wasn't expecting the result I got when he called on the river. Anyone like it? I'm sure Antistuff will have something to say about this one :club: PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)UTG ($3.46)MP ($6.59)Button ($1.88)SB ($11.24)Hero ($6.16)Preflop: Hero is BB with Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image. UTG calls $0.05, MP raises to $0.15, Button calls $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.10.Flop: ($0.62) Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image (4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.15, Button raises to $0.4, Hero calls $0.40, UTG folds, MP folds.Turn: ($1.57) Posted Image (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.River: ($1.97) Posted Image (2 players)Hero bets $1.92, Button calls $1.13 (All-In).Final Pot: $4.23Results in white below: Hero has Kh Ad Qc 3s (Low: 6, 4, 3, 2, A | High: one pair, sixes). Button has Jd Qh As 5c (Low: 6, 5, 4, 2, A | High: one pair, sixes). Outcome: Hero wins $5.01.

i then felt very clever.

#27 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:8-Game

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:57 AM

I don't think there is any point at all in making that river bet since you have basically zero chance at the high and a chance of getting quartered on the low. But clearly I'm giving these players waaaaayyyyy to much credit. Donk leads at this level often indicate a low hand or nut low draw, but still...the chance of you winning that high are so, so slim. Maybe the lesson is that you should always pot your nut lows on the river because idiots like this come along who will call with a worse low and even less of a high hand than yours.These are the stakes I play too, and hands like this make me wonder if I should be driving every hand because people will call down with such junk. But then I start overplaying hands, losing money, and revert back to more careful play.
的ntegrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching." - Anonymous

#28 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

My thought at the time was he was scared of that turn card with his bet size and the way he had played hands before it just looked to me like he was weak. I wasn't betting for value on the end I was trying to fold him out.(although if he did have a hand like 35xx not sure he could fold it anyway :club: )

i then felt very clever.

#29 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

Maybe the lesson is that you should always pot your nut lows on the river because idiots like this come along who will call with a worse low and even less of a high hand than yours.
you're close. ----------i think you have the right idea in that hand. as you move up this is exactly how you beat nitty players, by using a lock on one side to bluff them off the other side in a pot that shouldn't have ever gotten as big as it did. against the kind of person who is going to make the call that they did, i don't like it. the result you got is very rare. most of the time you are going to split or get 1/4. now if you had 2344 and the board was a68jq....(bad players love to call down their whole stack with like 24xx there).
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

#30 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:25 AM

View Postantistuff, on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM, said:

i think you have the right idea in that hand. as you move up this is exactly how you beat nitty players, by using a lock on one side to bluff them off the other side in a pot that shouldn't have ever gotten as big as it did. against the kind of person who is going to make the call that they did, i don't like it. the result you got is very rare. most of the time you are going to split or get 1/4. now if you had 2344 and the board was a68jq....(bad players love to call down their whole stack with like 24xx there).
This is exactly what I was trying to do

i then felt very clever.

#31 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

But as he suggested in the rest of his post, the move is destined to fail at these stakes because these players aren't nitty - it's much more difficult to bluff players off one side of the pot when you have only the other side because they will call down so widely.

#32 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 1:54 PM, said:

But as he suggested in the rest of his post, the move is destined to fail at these stakes because these players aren't nitty - it's much more difficult to bluff players off one side of the pot when you have only the other side because they will call down so widely.
It works for me fairly often :club:

i then felt very clever.

#33 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

I haven't been playing very long and don't have a huge number of hands under my belt, but my experience is that most players at this level aren't quite as bad as the guy in the hand you posted there. That's pretty extreme badness. Perhaps either you've gotten very lucky in the opposition you've faced or I've gotten unlucky in the opposition I've faced. Or maybe I just haven't given myself enough opportunity to benefit from this kind of badness because I've been playing too straightforwardly.That being said, I also don't think you need to make these kinds of moves at these stakes. If you're patient enough, you can be very profitable by focusing on good hand selection and nailing people when they overvalue mediocre hands.

#34 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

L-O-freakin-LPokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.05 BB (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)CO ($5.80)Button ($3.33)SB ($5.93)BB ($5.18)UTG ($9.93)Hero ($3.93)MP2 ($14.13)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image. 1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.20) Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image (4 players)SB bets $0.05, BB raises to $0.1, Hero raises to $0.55, MP2 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.45.Turn: ($1.85) Posted Image (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.8, SB calls $1.80, BB calls $1.80.River: ($7.25) Posted Image (3 players)SB bets $3.53 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $1.53 (All-In).Final Pot: $10.31Results:Hero has 8c Qd Kc Kh (High: full house, kings full of fives). SB has Ah 3s 2s 9s (High: one pair, fives). Outcome: Hero wins $10.31.

#35 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

View Postjmbreslin, on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 9:22 PM, said:

L-O-freakin-LPokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.05 BB (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)CO ($5.80)Button ($3.33)SB ($5.93)BB ($5.18)UTG ($9.93)Hero ($3.93)MP2 ($14.13)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image. 1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.20) Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image (4 players)SB bets $0.05, BB raises to $0.1, Hero raises to $0.55, MP2 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.45.Turn: ($1.85) Posted Image (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.8, SB calls $1.80, BB calls $1.80.River: ($7.25) Posted Image (3 players)SB bets $3.53 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $1.53 (All-In).Final Pot: $10.31Results:Hero has 8c Qd Kc Kh (High: full house, kings full of fives). SB has Ah 3s 2s 9s (High: one pair, fives). Outcome: Hero wins $10.31.
his play here is fine. for 3.50 in a 7.25 pot you can't call that river often enough.edit: im assuming you play like a normal TAG that i encounter.
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

#36 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 9:22 PM, said:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image. 1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.
from MP I would fold this pre. Is that too nitty?

i then felt very clever.

#37 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:51 AM

View Postantistuff, on Wednesday, April 30th, 2008, 3:21 AM, said:

his play here is fine. for 3.50 in a 7.25 pot you can't call that river often enough.edit: im assuming you play like a normal TAG that i encounter.
I think this play is horrible with two people in the pot behind you IMHO. Although I have made that kind of play several times if it's heads up

i then felt very clever.

#38 rvrchsrhtr

rvrchsrhtr

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:59 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 4:28 PM, said:

I haven't been playing very long and don't have a huge number of hands under my belt, but my experience is that most players at this level aren't quite as bad as the guy in the hand you posted there. That's pretty extreme badness. Perhaps either you've gotten very lucky in the opposition you've faced or I've gotten unlucky in the opposition I've faced. Or maybe I just haven't given myself enough opportunity to benefit from this kind of badness because I've been playing too straightforwardly.That being said, I also don't think you need to make these kinds of moves at these stakes. If you're patient enough, you can be very profitable by focusing on good hand selection and nailing people when they overvalue mediocre hands.
I agree about people not being as bad as that guy, but I think that type of play is profitable at any of the stakes I've played as long as the game is PL or NL. However in the hand I posted I didn't really like the board pairing on the end as it completed just about any high hand he could have, but when you smooth call with the nut lo behind someone who is driving the pot (with what you perceive to be a high hand) when a scare card comes on the end and you push they fold a lot. If they don't sometimes you get lucky as I did and scoop other times you get quartered/half. To me it's worth the risk for the amount of times you take it down uncontested

i then felt very clever.

#39 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:15 AM

View Postantistuff, on Wednesday, April 30th, 2008, 3:21 AM, said:

What did he think I was playing when I pot-raised that flop and then potted the turn? The river eliminates the possibility of a low and fills up any set, which is my most likely holding the way I played it. He still has two opponents on the river, and one of them (me) only has $1.50 left in front of him. Did he actually think he was going to bluff both of us off that pot?And, yes, I do play a fairly TAG game. I'm still a beginner and want to build my confidence before lagging up.

#40 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:17 AM

View Postrvrchsrhtr, on Wednesday, April 30th, 2008, 8:59 AM, said:

I agree about people not being as bad as that guy, but I think that type of play is profitable at any of the stakes I've played as long as the game is PL or NL. However in the hand I posted I didn't really like the board pairing on the end as it completed just about any high hand he could have, but when you smooth call with the nut lo behind someone who is driving the pot (with what you perceive to be a high hand) when a scare card comes on the end and you push they fold a lot. If they don't sometimes you get lucky as I did and scoop other times you get quartered/half. To me it's worth the risk for the amount of times you take it down uncontested
Maybe you're right about this - quartering probably doesn't happen nearly as often as I fear it happening, so the times it does happen may easily be offset by the times you scoop or take it down uncontested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users