Jump to content


***<3<3 Official Chicago Whitesox Home <3<3***


  • Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 Gallo

Gallo

    I'm not JC

  • Members
  • 9,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

As much flack as the Sox are getting this year, I do think they have a good team and a good shot at making a playoff run. Our hitting and defense are there, but of course the pitching may be a little lackluster. I think we definietly need another starter and a little help in the bullpen. The additons of Swisher and Cabrera is definitely huge. I honestly hope that Vazquez has a big year, something that has been expected of him since the Sox signed him. Dotel was always a proven setup guy, but sucked as a reliever, so I hope he returns to form.We're definiitely going to be better than the Cubs!!
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion


For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion

#2 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

    The Excellence of Execution

  • Members
  • 9,131 posts
  • Location:Des Moines, Iowa

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

ChiSox offense is old and their pitching is questionable............and by questionable I mean bad. You never know what COULD happen.....but it could be a LONG year for the ChiSox...especially if some injuries hit..which is more likely with a old team.
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight


Five years in the making

#3 HubDub04

HubDub04

    Grindin'

  • Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milwaukee/Racine/Vegas
  • Interests:Poker, Men, C0ck, Drinking, School, Love to take it up the ... well you get the picture.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold Em'

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

GO BREWERS!We're gonna be sick this year.
Hub Dub 04 (Stars)
BeatUontehRiver (FTP)
Hub Dub 04 (Cake)
Luck_Comes (UB)

#4 Gallo

Gallo

    I'm not JC

  • Members
  • 9,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

View PostHubDub04, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 4:49 PM, said:

GO BREWERS!We're gonna be sick this year.
Get your own thread!!
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion


For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion

#5 Gallo

Gallo

    I'm not JC

  • Members
  • 9,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 4:45 PM, said:

ChiSox offense is old and their pitching is questionable............and by questionable I mean bad. You never know what COULD happen.....but it could be a LONG year for the ChiSox...especially if some injuries hit..which is more likely with a old team.
They're called veterans. I agree that Sox pitching is questionable, but I wouldn't say bad though.
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion


For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion

#6 cubsfan44

cubsfan44

    Poker Winnings? Whats that?

  • Members
  • 7,034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:The Cadillac

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

View PostGallo, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 4:38 PM, said:

We're definiitely going to be better than the Cubs!!
lol @ the party of one.Put your money with your mouth is big boy?
What if the 'HOKEY POKEY' really IS what it's ALL about?

#7 cubsfan44

cubsfan44

    Poker Winnings? Whats that?

  • Members
  • 7,034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:The Cadillac

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:57 PM

View PostGallo, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 4:38 PM, said:

As much flack as the Sox are getting this year, I do think they have a good team and a good shot at making a playoff run. Our hitting and defense are there, but of course the pitching may be a little lackluster. I think we definietly need another starter and a little help in the bullpen. The additons of Swisher and Cabrera is definitely huge. I honestly hope that Vazquez has a big year, something that has been expected of him since the Sox signed him. Dotel was always a proven setup guy, but sucked as a reliever, so I hope he returns to form.
loooooooooooooool And they say Cub fans are the optimists. If the indians and Tigers team planes collide mid air killing everyone on board, The Sox may (may) have a chance of squeeking in to the playoffs. The only thing the sox have going for them this year is Stoney in the booth.
What if the 'HOKEY POKEY' really IS what it's ALL about?

#8 bigkg

bigkg

    Douchebag

  • Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IUB
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

Go White Sox!As I started posting this they failed to score with the bases loaded and nobody out.

#9 Gallo

Gallo

    I'm not JC

  • Members
  • 9,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

View Postcubsfan44, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 4:57 PM, said:

loooooooooooooool And they say Cub fans are the optimists. If the indians and Tigers team planes collide mid air killing everyone on board, The Sox may (may) have a chance of squeeking in to the playoffs. The only thing the sox have going for them this year is Stoney in the booth.
You guys have been optimistic for 100yrs, what's 2 years?
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion


For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion

#10 bigkg

bigkg

    Douchebag

  • Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IUB
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

View Postbigkg, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 6:03 PM, said:

Go White Sox!As I started posting this they failed to score with the bases loaded and nobody out.
...and Dotel gave up 3 in the bottom of the 8th.GG bullpen

#11 Gallo

Gallo

    I'm not JC

  • Members
  • 9,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

View Postbigkg, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 5:18 PM, said:

...and Dotel gave up 3 in the bottom of the 8th.GG bullpen
Yeah, our bullpen sucks. :club:
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion


For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion

#12 chgocubs99

chgocubs99

    Year and miles?

  • Members
  • 9,994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, IL
  • Interests:Poker, Drinking heavily

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostGallo, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 4:38 PM, said:

As much flack as the Sox are getting this year, I do think they have a good team and a good shot at making a playoff run. Our hitting and defense are there, but of course the pitching may be a little lackluster. I think we definietly need another starter and a little help in the bullpen. The additons of Swisher and Cabrera is definitely huge. I honestly hope that Vazquez has a big year, something that has been expected of him since the Sox signed him. Dotel was always a proven setup guy, but sucked as a reliever, so I hope he returns to form.
lmaoGood luck with all that.
QUOTE (dscoot @ Friday, April 10th, 2009, 3:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im still not sold that many of these people that get these big online scores are winners when it comes to the live game, which, by the way, is real poker.


#13 wsox8

wsox8

    trying to break even at LIFE

  • Members
  • 11,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heights
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

View Postchgocubs99, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 10:33 PM, said:

lmaoGood luck with all that.
wait for your team to win something. Then we can talk.nice to see the team fight after being down 7-2 early, even though it ended up being a loss...Starting pitching could be a HUGE problem especially if Contreras sucks like he did last year. I hope BA starts in center soon. I'm not extremely optimistic about this year, especially being in the best division in baseball. I see a third place at best (just being realistic)Ugh the Indians on opening day again ..Also, Please shorten the baseball season.

#14 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

    The Excellence of Execution

  • Members
  • 9,131 posts
  • Location:Des Moines, Iowa

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

LOL...I like how you say you wouldn't say the pitching is "bad," but then the bullpen blows it and you say they suck.I would say either one of two things happen. Either a lot of their old guys (veterans....) stay healthy and stay away from the inevitable decline in their performance and their pitching somehow, some way gets lucky and has a decent year and the team is a wild card contender OR they old guys having nagging injuries and their performance declines and their pitching flat out gets bombed from ace to closer. I say there's about a 15% chance of them having a good year with the former happening and about an 85% chance of the latter happening and the ChiSox finish in the cellar......and that's being generous. Buehrle will rebound and do what he does, have a decent year, Vazquez could have a good year.......but man Contreras and Danks and Floyd.....ugh...and their pen just looks hideous.....outside of Jenks of course. But, things never go as they seem, so we'll see.......I wouldn't call them completely dead this year, but their window to do anything is closing quick....
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight


Five years in the making

#15 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 24,116 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Fan Sox Fans.. Genuine Class..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#16 wsox8

wsox8

    trying to break even at LIFE

  • Members
  • 11,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heights
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

LOL...I like how you say you wouldn't say the pitching is "bad," but then the bullpen blows it and you say they suck.I would say either one of two things happen. Either a lot of their old guys (veterans....) stay healthy and stay away from the inevitable decline in their performance and their pitching somehow, some way gets lucky and has a decent year and the team is a wild card contender OR they old guys having nagging injuries and their performance declines and their pitching flat out gets bombed from ace to closer. I say there's about a 15% chance of them having a good year with the former happening and about an 85% chance of the latter happening and the ChiSox finish in the cellar......and that's being generous. Buehrle will rebound and do what he does, have a decent year, Vazquez could have a good year.......but man Contreras and Danks and Floyd.....ugh...and their pen just looks hideous.....outside of Jenks of course. But, things never go as they seem, so we'll see.......I wouldn't call them completely dead this year, but their window to do anything is closing quick....
I agree with a lot of your analysis. Thome should have a good year. PK will put up his normal #s.. They are mixing in some young guys (hopefully Anderson soon) with the vets and it could work out.. I'd rather have a fan of the day pitch on Contrera's day than him (judging off of last year). Danks and Floyd could turn out okay, but they have to prove it. They picked up some guys in the pen (overpaid for it), but hopefully it's better than it was the last part of the year. In this division, they will have to play well and do it most of the year and I'm not sure they can do that.GL to the Royals, KK.. They've always got some pretty good young talent and Graffanino haha

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, April 1st, 2008, 12:16 AM, said:

Fan Sox Fans.. Genuine Class..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Yes, we all look and act like that. :club:

#17 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

    Grindmode

  • Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

opening day rigged obviouslyImo Sox won't win more than 75 this yr : (I think the Central falls like this:TigersIndiansRoyals White Sox Twins(with the bottom 3 interchangeable)




I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#18 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 24,116 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

View Postwsox8, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 9:25 PM, said:

Yes, we all look and act like that. :club:
that was more geared toward gallo, i didn't mean to take out innocent bystandards..
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#19 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

    Grindmode

  • Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

.




I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#20 Gallo

Gallo

    I'm not JC

  • Members
  • 9,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Favorite Poker Game:unlimited hold 'em

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, April 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM, said:

that was more geared toward gallo, i didn't mean to take out innocent bystandards..
I'm assuming you're a Cubs fan.So yeah, I love the team camaraderie:Posted Image
QUOTE (no not baxter @ Monday, February 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya srsly why not just make a 2 hour dinner break so ppl can go to outback and get a fkn bloomin onion


For rakeback at:
FTP, BoDog, UB, Absolute, Cake

2008 Neg-O TOC NL Champion




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users