#141 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM, said:

get a job!
No team have ever gone from 1st place to 10 games back so fast (13 days). They did take 2 out 3 from your Giants since I made that post though. They're still a ways away from digging out of the hole a 10 game losing streak puts you in. 7 games against both the cards and brewers within the next two weeks really could bury them or give them a chance to make another run at .500 or even something as crazy as the central division. It's super far fetched but still great that they still could make noise this late in the season.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#142 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

View PostdEv~, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 10:18 PM, said:

No team have ever gone from 1st place to 10 games back so fast (13 days). They did take 2 out 3 from your Giants since I made that post though. They're still a ways away from digging out of the hole a 10 game losing streak puts you in. 7 games against both the cards and brewers within the next two weeks really could bury them or give them a chance to make another run at .500 or even something as crazy as the central division. It's super far fetched but still great that they still could make noise this late in the season.
you guys have to get really hot to win the central. i think next year you guys will contend and probably win the division.

#143 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

tied for 1st place...let's see how long it lasts this time. I'm cautiously optimistic. The pitching staff has been lights out (as it was early last year). All the experts are saying that this year is will be more easily maintained due to the fact that the pitchers are striking people out. We'll see. The additions of Burnett, who has been awesome (taking away what was likely the worst start in MLB history - 2 2/3 12 ER), and Bedard has really solidified the rotation.Hitting is another story. It has come around a bit as of late but wow was it historically bad before that. I don't know why anyone pitches to Mccutchen, ever. If they can just be in the top 20 in hitting and maintain their pitching they really might have a shot at the NL Central....at least until Jerry Meals ruins it again.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hho8yjTguGM

#144 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostdEv~, on 30 March 2008 - 03:03 PM, said:

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Saturday, March 29th, 2008, 11:53 PM)I predict bounce back years for Bay, La Roche & Maholm.Even if they do have bounch back years I don't see the bucs getting to 75 wins. I'll predict 68-94. I love them and I'll watch them when I can but 1992 was a long long long time ago. Shit I was 9 years old.If I had a choice of who'd I like to see win their respective league championships I'd pick, Penguins, Pirates, then Steelers. The Steelers won theirs a couple years back and have legitimate shots at it almost yearly, the Pens won in the early 90s...competed throughout the 90's, were down in 2002-2004, rebuilt for a couple years and are back we legitimate shots.The fact is that baseball is a dying sport. I don't want to hear that small markets can't compete (examples; a's, twins). Small markets can compete. They just have to more screwd to fight against the huge payrolls. I'd love to see a salary cap in baseball but it's just not gonna happen anytime soon.
Lol never knew this but i ended up right on the money.

#145 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

"I don't see the bucs getting to 75 wins. I'll predict 68-94."I initially read this as you predicting they will win between 68 and 94 games.

#146 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on 18 June 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

"I don't see the bucs getting to 75 wins. I'll predict 68-94."I initially read this as you predicting they will win between 68 and 94 games.
Haha....yeah I can see that but I don't think I'd get anyone to bet against me on a prediction like that.Bucs are 8 games over .500 for the first time since the last day of the 92 season when they finished 96-66. Lot of season left but hopefully they can keep it up. Unlike a lot of Pirate fans, them going over .500 for the first time in a season since 92 isn't enough for me. I want a taste of playoffs for the firsti time since I was 9 years old and this happened.Posted Image

#147 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kHPEyrv_38A

#148 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to Pittsburgh Wandy. Now let's hope Hal Sparks throwing out the first pitch tomorrow will help them get out of this mini slump.https://twitter.com/...049095433457665Posted Image

#149 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

500 is broken...now onto bigger and better things.

#150 mrfritz

mrfritz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

opening day

Posted Image
This is my first rodeo

#151 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,852 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

i probably wood.
Spoiler

#152 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

That seems to be a pretty good unintentional representation of bucs fans feel. Tonight they somehow went crazy with 8 runs in the first two innings and still somehow were only up 8-6 after 2. They went on to win 9-8 bailing out Wandy Rodriguez. The starters not named Gerritt Cole are 1-17 and he's only 4-3 himself. Certainly looks like AJ Burnett could have helped this staff. Also Justin Morneau certainly would have been better at 1b then any of the schlubs they've had there this year.

Barring a miraculous turnaround of the season (it's certainly still pretty early) they seem to be back to their losing ways. Ownership refuses to spend money despite making it like crazy last season. They've never be able to spend like the top 1/3 of the league but 27th out of 30 teams is just embarrassing. Their window to win is not large and they just appear to be wasting this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users