• 199 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:04 AM

http://sports.espn.g...mp;sportCat=ncb

#42 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

View PostLeroyBrown, on Monday, March 31st, 2008, 5:49 PM, said:

It was so pathetic today on talk radio. All the hosts were bashing Roy Williams. One named Kevin Keitzman (sp?) was just way overboard. You'd think Roy had fucked his wife or something. So sad that so many KU fans cant apreciate what Roy did for KU and understand how difficult the decision to go back to UNC was for him. Why not be happy about his time here and embrace the new regime? Its a bad mark for the KU fanbase if you ask me.
simple. he never won a title for KU and then won one at UNC very quickly. Add that to his famous 2000 statement about NEVER leaving Kansas and you get the picture. It is not necessarily fair but there it is. True Jayhawk fans know that Roy left because they fired an AD he loved and replaced him with an AD he despised and that was enough to tip the scales to leaving for his alma mater.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#43 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

View PostLeroyBrown, on Friday, April 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

I love articles that quote Jason Whitlock and remind me of how stupid I think he is. It's kind of funny to me though, I probably pull for Kansas more now than I ever did before Roy moved over to Carolina. UNC and Kansas have always had these ties between coaches and players, it's unfortuante that some of the Kansas fans are so bitter about it. The program is still in great shape, and they have a shot at the title this year and will be a contender for years to come.

#44 LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, April 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

I love articles that quote Jason Whitlock and remind me of how stupid I think he is.
Yeah, that quote stood out to me as well. I hate a lot of the things that fat fuck says.

#45 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

Poor Rodrick Stewart. Goddamn that sucks.Posted Image
Spoiler

#46 NoBBiR

NoBBiR

F34l2 Durrrr

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Lemon Tennis Hold Me Tightly.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

I agree with this thread. Plus I hate Tyler Fagsbrough and Roy Williams, so that makes it very easy to agree with this thread.I want to see the Jayhawks wreck UNC tonight :)Arthur/Jackson shut down Hansbrough. Maybe the refs actually call him for traveling occasionally too.
"How do they put the ****ing queen in the window?"

Darvin Moon, I hope you die in a grease fire.

#47 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, April 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM, said:

it's unfortuante that some of the Kansas fans are so bitter about it.
Kansas fans are bitter about everything. I would have never guessed until I came here. 'Here' being Lawrence, Kansas, not FCP.

#48 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Saturday, April 5th, 2008, 3:48 PM, said:

Kansas fans are bitter about everything. I would have never guessed until I came here. 'Here' being Lawrence, Kansas, not FCP.
I dont know to many KU fans in real life, but listening to talk radio around here; most of the KU fans come off as whiny little bitches. There are some level headed ones, but damn.
Spoiler

#49 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

I have Kansas @ +3.5 and then did a small parlay taking Kansas with the under 159. Go Kansas!

#50 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

Timeout Timeout Timeout. Turnover Turnover Turnover. Charge Charge Charge. I love college basketball. Ohh, and Choke Choke Choke?

#51 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

Great job Kansas. I would have gone on uber tilt if they donked off that first half lead.

#52 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

I am without speech.One more.
Spoiler

#53 NoBBiR

NoBBiR

F34l2 Durrrr

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

The beginning of this game was... to be completely honest... the best first 10 minutes of college basketball I've ever seen.Then there was 20 minutes of brain damaged dribbling/bad calls/turnovers/no boxouts/stupid fouls/poor shot selection/lack of defense.Then there was 10 minutes of flawless play again.Time to **** Memphis' life up too. 40-12 against UNC? Are you serious, lol?

#54 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

View PostNoBBiR, on Sunday, April 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM, said:

The beginning of this game was... to be completely honest... the best first 10 minutes of college basketball I've ever seen.Then there was 20 minutes of brain damaged dribbling/bad calls/turnovers/no boxouts/stupid fouls/poor shot selection/lack of defense.Then there was 10 minutes of flawless play again.Time to **** Memphis' life up too. 40-12 against UNC? Are you serious, lol?
Are you kidding? That was a horribly played basketball game.

#55 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Sunday, April 6th, 2008, 2:52 AM, said:

Are you kidding? That was a horribly played basketball game.
So true.UNC didn't show up for the first ten minutes at all, and they still could have pulled off the win if they didn't resort to trapping at the end of the second half. Kansas is too well rounded to be able to trap them effectively for very long. The reffing was atrocious the entire game, so many bad calls, missed calls and ticky tack fouls that never should have been called... I hope its better on monday night just for the sake of a quality game.GL Kansas, though I have to pull for Memphis to win my office pool. The guard matchup Monday night between Rose/Roberts and Rush/Chaumers should be epic.

#56 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

It wasnt a horrible game for KU fans. So I cant really comment on that. The officiating in all the games has been bad. Too many charges, hand check fouls, etc. KU's defense to begin the game was very good. UNC wasnt ready for their speed. UNC was a little asleep to start and KU took advantage. And that was that. You were spot on, Jada, about the trapping. You cannot do that to KU, they are too good for it too work long term. All season long, any team that has tried to press them has been burned.Memphis will be a tough matchup I think. Who will guard D Rose? That kid is a beast. I dont think Robinson or Chalmers could stop him one on one. And If Rush guards him, who gurads CDR? They will have to help really well on Rose's dribble drives. KU has the advantage everywhere else though.
Spoiler

#57 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, April 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM, said:

KU has the advantage everywhere else though.
I don't know about that. Memphis really doesn't have any weak spots on the floor if they come to play and they have been the last three games. I think Kansas's back court will give Memphis more problems than they have had lately with other guards just because of the taller and more physical nature of them. I think they might exploit the hell of of the one Kansas backup guard that comes in through, so I'm curious about what type of defense Kansas will play when he is in the game.

#58 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Saturday, April 5th, 2008, 11:52 PM, said:

Are you kidding? This was a horribly played tournament.
FYP. Let's face reality folks. College basketball is really down in general lately. College basketball may arouse more passion because people's alma maters are involved but at some point in the last five years the NBA just zoomed past college in terms of watchability/competitiveness/etc.edit: this is a kansas thread and I did nail the Final Four AND have KU over Memphis for the title.....so why change now? My prediction in my ESPN bracket was KU 88- Memphis 81. Sticking with that.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#59 NoBBiR

NoBBiR

F34l2 Durrrr

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

View PostJadaki, on Sunday, April 6th, 2008, 8:10 AM, said:

I don't know about that. Memphis really doesn't have any weak spots on the floor if they come to play and they have been the last three games. I think Kansas's back court will give Memphis more problems than they have had lately with other guards just because of the taller and more physical nature of them. I think they might exploit the hell of of the one Kansas backup guard that comes in through, so I'm curious about what type of defense Kansas will play when he is in the game.
Kansas's big guys are deeper/more talented. If they don't forget about going inside to Kaun/Arthur/Aldrich/Jackson, they'll be hard pressed to lose. Memphis' guards are really good, and they can run like no one else (except maybe Kansas). It'll be a damn good game, I expect a very high score.

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, April 6th, 2008, 9:37 AM, said:

FYP. Let's face reality folks. College basketball is really down in general lately. College basketball may arouse more passion because people's alma maters are involved but at some point in the last five years the NBA just zoomed past college in terms of watchability/competitiveness/etc.edit: this is a kansas thread and I did nail the Final Four AND have KU over Memphis for the title.....so why change now? My prediction in my ESPN bracket was KU 88- Memphis 81. Sticking with that.
I completely disagree. I think the NBA is actually 10x less watchable than college basketball. I think the competitiveness is just skewed this year, but 4 #1's had to make the Final Four eventually, and I'm glad it happened. The best of the best do occasionally deserve to battle it out for all the marbles. During the tournament, even with the poor officiating lately, I never get more pumped for a sporting event.

#60 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostNoBBiR, on Sunday, April 6th, 2008, 4:46 PM, said:

I completely disagree. I think the NBA is actually 10x less watchable than college basketball.
Depends, the western conference regular season has been some of the most exciting basketball played in the NBA since the late 80's. For people who always have complained that the regular season is too long this has been the perfect season to show that no matter how long it is, every game has mattered.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users