Jump to content


Lhe Challenge(?) Thread


  • Please log in to reply
9642 replies to this topic

#7201 DinkDonk

DinkDonk

    Not the one you want, Babe

  • Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded Limit HE

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 1:28 PM, said:

let me solve his paradox for you. His internet has been acting up of late, so he doesn't want to play for real money and he is trying to help lower limit players with their game, not play higher limit players to help with his. I also think that he meant to say " you must post any mistakes you make", as that was the deal when he and I played heads up a couple days ago. The people I think he would refuse are random people who don't post much in the thread, like, say, a potential higher stakes opponent that wants insight into his game.
Yeah, mostly this. Since I can't grind, I'm just looking to play a low stakes game that will hopefully generate discussion beneficial to both players. I actually did mean that I wanted people to post mistakes I made, both as a help to me and a discussion point if I disagreed. And the people I'd refuse action from would be people who I didn't know or didn't feel would benefit from or aid in learning. Also, I'd rather play people I know and like.

#7202 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

    Tangled up in blue.

  • Members
  • 8,103 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

I manage to find so many interesting ways of running bad whenever I play 2/4.Finished up $30 today though, thanks entirely to bluffing.
.

#7203 Whatever

Whatever

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,694 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McAllen, Tx

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

I'm 1 tabling some 1/2 6 max LHE this month to help get me to goldstar. Villian is 24/17/1.8 thru 119 handsHow does this look?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with Q :4h, Q :qh1 fold, MP raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, MP callsFlop: (9.5 SB) 2 :5c, A :3h, 4 :D (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, 1 fold, MP callsTurn: (5.75 BB) A :club: (2 players)MP checks, Hero checksRiver: (5.75 BB) K :ts (2 players)MP bets, Hero?Would it be weak/stupid/smart to fold there? I am certainly calling anything on the river except a king no? At 1.8 AF I would consider him somewhat passive.

#7204 checkymcfold

checkymcfold

    almost back to real stakes.

  • Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:stanley mission, sk
  • Favorite Poker Game:night baseball

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

View PostWhatever, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 2:32 PM, said:

I'm 1 tabling some 1/2 6 max LHE this month to help get me to goldstar. Villian is 24/17/1.8 thru 119 handsHow does this look?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with Q :4h, Q :qh1 fold, MP raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, MP callsFlop: (9.5 SB) 2 :5c, A :3h, 4 :D (3 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, 1 fold, MP callsTurn: (5.75 BB) A :club: (2 players)MP checks, Hero checksRiver: (5.75 BB) K :ts (2 players)MP bets, Hero?Would it be weak/stupid/smart to fold there? I am certainly calling anything on the river except a king no? At 1.8 AF I would consider him somewhat passive.
edit: i missed the preflop action.if you're planning to show down if a king doesn't fall, bet the turn.as played, i think you can fold most of the time against a passive player.
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there are two things LHE players like, they are weed and pornography. The third would be kittens. LHE does not appear on the list.





#7205 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 24,172 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

So.... I just activated HEM, and I'm looking for suggestions on how to set up my HUD, beyond the default, that is..
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#7206 DinkDonk

DinkDonk

    Not the one you want, Babe

  • Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded Limit HE

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Bet the turn here. Not betting it completely imbalances your range and polarizes your turn betting range to only Ax or air. And don't b/f the turn either, as that's incredibly exploitable. In order to merge your range and become far less exploitable, you absolutely have to be b/c with hands of this strength. As played I call the river; 1.8 isn't terribly passive and his stats suggest he has at least reasonable enough hand reading skills to value bet a worse hand or bluff since he knows you never ever have an Ace.I apologize for the poor sentences, as I'm very very tired, but the hand advice stands.

#7207 Whatever

Whatever

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,694 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McAllen, Tx

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

No need to apologize. My fold felt weak. So if I bet the turn and he raises me I can safely fold the river right? At that point I would be looking at the pot size and still be tempted to call.

#7208 DinkDonk

DinkDonk

    Not the one you want, Babe

  • Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded Limit HE

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

View PostWhatever, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 2:48 PM, said:

No need to apologize. My fold felt weak. So if I bet the turn and he raises me I can safely fold the river right? At that point I would be looking at the pot size and still be tempted to call.
I bet/call down as a default. Without a pretty solid read, I'm rarely deviating from that line.

#7209 tuckermitchell

tuckermitchell

    Bucketfcp

  • Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Idaho Falls, ID
  • Interests:Weed, cars and money.
  • Favorite Poker Game:lol

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

View PostDinkDonk, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

1.8 isn't terribly passive and his stats suggest he has at least reasonable enough hand reading skills to value bet a worse hand or bluff since he knows

View PostDinkDonk, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

I bet/call down as a default. Without a pretty solid read, I'm rarely deviating from that line.
This... especially the point of 1.8 not being terribly passive. It's not far off from 2 which is usually a solid TAG player's range. I'd b/c that turn all day and then call down just about any river, other than a Q of course


#7210 checkymcfold

checkymcfold

    almost back to real stakes.

  • Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:stanley mission, sk
  • Favorite Poker Game:night baseball

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

i'm not really sure where to whine about this, so here will have to do:apparently our buzzer system in my building had some issues recently, and the maintenance people have been doing some serious overkill on the testing. i was woken up at 11 (est) this morning by the first "test," and our buzzer has gone off once every five minutes for the four hours since, each time for approximately five full seconds. my cats are freaked out, i have a headache, and i'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.i switched over to agg% from AF, and i don't really know what 1.8 refers to anymore, since i didn't really pay attention to stats that much when i used pt. can someone translate that to a comparable agg%?
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there are two things LHE players like, they are weed and pornography. The third would be kittens. LHE does not appear on the list.





#7211 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

    Post-Apocalyptic Wanderer

  • Members
  • 9,643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ft Lauderdale, FL
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

I haven't played poker since Monday. Kind of strange.Just brought the two kittens back from the vet today. They got fixed and declawed.
Seals With Clubs - Bitcoin Poker Room - Easy and Fast Deposits and Cashouts (Open to US)
https://sealswithclu...aff.php?aff=182

#7212 Flushgarden

Flushgarden

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,963 posts
  • Location:Arizona Bay

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 4:23 PM, said:

Just brought the two kittens back from the vet today. They got fixed and declawed.
True sign of a lhe player, imo.
-Danny


#7213 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

    Micro Limit Superstar

  • Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the home of world famous fried chicken
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

I don't have any stats or notes on the villain in this hand, but as soon as I saw his name and the limp/re-raise something in my memory set off warning bells. I'm thinking I've played with him before and had him tagged as fairly solid. Given that read, does anyone do anything differently in this hand?Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP1 with Q :D, A :club:1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, 5 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero calls, BB callsFlop: (9.5 SB) 3 :D, 5 :D, Q :ts (3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, 1 foldTurn: (5.75 BB) 3 :5c (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero callsRiver: (9.75 BB) 7 :3h (2 players)UTG+1 bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $11.75 (11.75 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results in white below: UTG+1 had A :qh, A :D (two pair, Aces and threes).Hero had Q :jh, A :4h (two pair, Queens and threes).Outcome: UTG+1 won $11.25
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#7214 checkymcfold

checkymcfold

    almost back to real stakes.

  • Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:stanley mission, sk
  • Favorite Poker Game:night baseball

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

you guys forgot to tell me not to play tourneys on a friday. you're all assholes, and now ima suicide.
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there are two things LHE players like, they are weed and pornography. The third would be kittens. LHE does not appear on the list.





#7215 Merby

Merby

    Poker Forum Happy-Face

  • Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:Ummm... Poker (no surprise there...)<br /><br />Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Kayaking, Curling, ...
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short-handed PLO, NLHE MTTs

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

View Postcheckymcfold, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM, said:

i'm not really sure where to whine about this, so here will have to do:apparently our buzzer system in my building had some issues recently, and the maintenance people have been doing some serious overkill on the testing. i was woken up at 11 (est) this morning by the first "test," and our buzzer has gone off once every five minutes for the four hours since, each time for approximately five full seconds. my cats are freaked out, i have a headache, and i'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.i switched over to agg% from AF, and i don't really know what 1.8 refers to anymore, since i didn't really pay attention to stats that much when i used pt. can someone translate that to a comparable agg%?
Thanks Checky, I was looking for a new quote for my sig. I hope your buzzer gets fixed, even though it provided me with a quotable nugget.
QUOTE (Fluffdog87 @ Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dramatic hand gestures on all-ins ftw!


A day in the life of Checkymcfold:
QUOTE (checkymcfold @ Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cats are freaked out, I have a headache, and I'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.


QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[x] Signature-worthy.

#7216 Flushgarden

Flushgarden

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,963 posts
  • Location:Arizona Bay

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

View PostTheCinciKid, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 4:49 PM, said:

I don't have any stats or notes on the villain in this hand, but as soon as I saw his name and the limp/re-raise something in my memory set off warning bells. I'm thinking I've played with him before and had him tagged as fairly solid. Given that read, does anyone do anything differently in this hand?Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP1 with Q :D , A :club: 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, 5 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero calls, BB callsFlop: (9.5 SB) 3 :D , 5 :D , Q :ts (3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, 1 foldTurn: (5.75 BB) 3 :5c (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero callsRiver: (9.75 BB) 7 :3h (2 players)UTG+1 bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $11.75 (11.75 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results in white below: UTG+1 had A :qh , A :D (two pair, Aces and threes).Hero had Q :jh , A :4h (two pair, Queens and threes).Outcome: UTG+1 won $11.25
When is the utg limp/raise not AA in fr? I'd play it the same I think.
-Danny


#7217 Flushgarden

Flushgarden

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,963 posts
  • Location:Arizona Bay

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

View Postcheckymcfold, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 4:57 PM, said:

you guys forgot to tell me not to play tourneys on a friday. you're all assholes, and now ima suicide.
I just stone bubbled 2 of them after having a giant stack in each. They are heartbrake.Somebody at one of my lhe tables just said this to me:RIPTIDERULE: DAN YOU RAISE EVERY HAND AND WIN NOTHING
-Danny


#7218 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

    Micro Limit Superstar

  • Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the home of world famous fried chicken
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

View PostFlushgarden, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 7:02 PM, said:

When is the utg limp/raise not AA in fr? I'd play it the same I think.
I have actually seen this done with like 88 or something once, but yeah it's pretty much always AA. I feel like I should have checked behind on the turn, but I guess there's not really much I CAN do in a spot like this.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#7219 checkymcfold

checkymcfold

    almost back to real stakes.

  • Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:stanley mission, sk
  • Favorite Poker Game:night baseball

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

View PostFlushgarden, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 8:05 PM, said:

I just stone bubbled 2 of them after having a giant stack in each. They are heartbrake.Somebody at one of my lhe tables just said this to me:RIPTIDERULE: DAN YOU RAISE EVERY HAND AND WIN NOTHING
i have figured out how to win tourneys on friday since my post. make the nuts, shove for 8x pot, and get INSTASNAPHELLMUTHCALLED by tpnk.
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there are two things LHE players like, they are weed and pornography. The third would be kittens. LHE does not appear on the list.





#7220 checkymcfold

checkymcfold

    almost back to real stakes.

  • Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:stanley mission, sk
  • Favorite Poker Game:night baseball

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

View PostMerby, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 8:00 PM, said:

Thanks Checky, I was looking for a new quote for my sig. I hope your buzzer gets fixed, even though it provided me with a quotable nugget.
yw :club:

View PostTheCinciKid, on Friday, January 9th, 2009, 8:07 PM, said:

I have actually seen this done with like 88 or something once, but yeah it's pretty much always AA. I feel like I should have checked behind on the turn, but I guess there's not really much I CAN do in a spot like this.
actually i've seen it more from mid pps than aa.
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there are two things LHE players like, they are weed and pornography. The third would be kittens. LHE does not appear on the list.








0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users