They've started something new here in Holland.PKVN = Poker Kampioen van NederlandTranslation : Poker Champion of the Dutch.And I'm entering. Now the **** I'm scared.Who am i playing against, and why was I selected?I Mean, let's face it. I had a bit of luck getting in the game,got a bit of luck, staying in the game,But I'm not that good. I have the this need to play beyond my limits,wich I seem to fight off pretty good, but not good enough yet, and I do get nervous sometimes, wich makes me do stupid things.The first Tournament is on March the 7th,Can someone please talk some sence into me,or tips.. OR ANYTHING that will stop me from being kicked out in the first hand.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturally you are scared. Playing above your limits will do that to you. It will also make you do retarded things.My advise is don't play it. If you are so scared that it will effect your play, then you will not play your A game, thus there is a probable chance you will suicide impale in either doing something crazy, or blinding yourself off.

http://www.pokerkampioenvannederland.nl/Looks like a bar-league from what I can see on the website. Is there a buy in? How much? How many tourneys in all? How does the point system work?Just practice on-line as much as you can.
It's not really a Bar-league. It starts in a select number of bars. there will 6 tournamants to be played, with ranking. at the end of those six games, the top 8 at your location go on to the regional final. again 4 tournaments, and then the top 6 end up in de national Final for top score. there's no buy in ( weird ) and no fee's , no money, no cars, nothing.. Not even a deal at the final table. You can't trade nothing, for nothing..you play for Honor and a title !! ..So what's ur advice?i do need the practice, and I thought this might help.It looks amateuristic enough for me to play..
Reading Daniel's blogs helped my game more than anything else I've done, so I suggest you start there. He always posts insightful retrospective analyses of the games he plays.
LOL I love you, I really do.

Tomorrow is the big dayand instead of still being scared, I actually look forward to it.It would be good practice, and study the plays. maybe it would be fun and everyone would just be relaxed.So I'm looking forward to it, and hope i win a bit. First place would be nice.. LOL.Thanks everyone..

Tomorrow is the big dayand instead of still being scared, I actually look forward to it.It would be good practice, and study the plays. maybe it would be fun and everyone would just be relaxed.So I'm looking forward to it, and hope i win a bit. First place would be nice.. LOL.Thanks everyone..
I am 100% positive I could turn this quote into a sweet song.

Anytime I read posts like this, I often imagine that the OP has just tried to unsuccessfully break the pogo stick bouncing record, has failed, is out of breath, and has turned to the keyboard with the same energy that he had while pogo'ing.

I enjoyed it. Especially the parts that were exactly quoted from the post.
The whole thing is word for word except for the added "and study the plays" that I repeat at the end. I have too much respect for the lyricist to deviate from the original material. And thank you! And study the plays.
people like you make it tough to quit this place.you funny
You wish you knew how to quit me? Igualmente.
Finally got a chance to listen to it. I LOLed when you said LOL.LOL
ellllllllleohel!
I like you guys. I hope you win a bit. And study the plays.

That was just awesome Loogie.To be honest, when I first opened the thread, I thought the paragraph from the OP was a poem or something at first.You could probably do the same with that one. :club:

That was just awesome Loogie.To be honest, when I first opened the thread, I thought the paragraph from the OP was a poem or something at first.You could probably do the same with that one. :club:
Weekend project? Maybe I will. Anything to avoid reality. And study the plays.