Why Phil Hellmuth Will Win The Lapc

Phil Hellmuth is playing the best poker of his career bar none. I have been following the action since day two and there hasn't been one time that PH has gotten his money in with the worst hand. That is a huge accomplishment in a 5-6 day tournament. He is reading people phenominally and imo he will take this down. He has won everything else in poker except for a WPT or EPT title. This will be his first WPT victory. Mark my words.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o rly?Hand #72: Quinn Do has the button in seat 4, Ivey raises under the gun to 190,000, and Hellmuth asks for a count from the big blind. Ivey doesn't move a muscle, and Hellmuth says, "This time I'll at least call you. Hellmuth calls.The flop comes Q102, Ivey bets 250,000, and Hellmuth calls, and immediately checks in the dark. The turn card is the 10, and Ivey checks behind him. The river card is the K, Hellmuth checks, and Ivey bets 500,000. Hellmuth smacks his hands together, saying, "Come on, man. What is this B.S.?" (And yes, he said the initials, not the words.)Hellmuth calls, and Ivey shows AA for two pair, aces and tens. Hellmuth mucks, and he is down to 2.85 million. Phil Ivey passes him on this hand, now up to 2.9 million.

Phil Hellmuth is playing the best poker of his career bar none. I have been following the action since day two and there hasn't been one time that PH has gotten his money in with the worst hand. That is a huge accomplishment in a 5-6 day tournament. He is reading people phenominally and imo he will take this down. He has won everything else in poker except for a WPT or EPT title. This will be his first WPT victory. Mark my words.
Consider your words marked
o rly?Hand #72: Quinn Do has the button in seat 4, Ivey raises under the gun to 190,000, and Hellmuth asks for a count from the big blind. Ivey doesn't move a muscle, and Hellmuth says, "This time I'll at least call you. Hellmuth calls.The flop comes Q102, Ivey bets 250,000, and Hellmuth calls, and immediately checks in the dark. The turn card is the 10, and Ivey checks behind him. The river card is the K, Hellmuth checks, and Ivey bets 500,000. Hellmuth smacks his hands together, saying, "Come on, man. What is this B.S.?" (And yes, he said the initials, not the words.)Hellmuth calls, and Ivey shows AA for two pair, aces and tens. Hellmuth mucks, and he is down to 2.85 million. Phil Ivey passes him on this hand, now up to 2.9 million.
LOL @ posting one hand. He still has almost 3 million in chips.Scotty, you wanna bet $25 shipped on Stars that he takes it down?
LOL @ posting one hand. He still has almost 3 million in chips.Scotty, you wanna bet $25 shipped on Stars that he takes it down?
I would take the other side of that only because Phil Ivey is going to be on the final table with a huge stack. But I don't even have 25 cents on ps so I can't really take the bet.
I'll bet 500 even money on stars if you want.
I know, my point is who else is at that table?

Hand #83: Charles Moore has the button in seat 9, Hellmuth raises from middle position to 190,000, Moore reraises from the button to 640,000, and Hellmuth moves all in. Moore has about 1.1 million left behind, and he folds. Hellmuth shows AK, and Moore says he folded pocket tens. Phil Hellmuth takes the pot.

I know, my point is who else is at that table?
Ivey is a great player. But IMO PH is the superior NLHE tournament player.Ivey is the superior PLO + NLHE cashgame player. Phil H has the edge.
Ivey is a great player. But IMO PH is the superior NLHE tournament player.Ivey is the superior PLO + NLHE cashgame player. Phil H has the edge.
I agree Hellmuth is the best tournament player, but in a final table with Ivey and the chips I'm taking him.
I agree Hellmuth is the best tournament player, but in a final table with Ivey and the chips I'm taking him.
PH has the chip lead again. They are both dangerous with chips. I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to PH and PI for the title, now that would be classic.
Hand 74: Phil Hellmuth raises under the gun to 95,000, Mike Carson moves all in for 695,000, and Hellmuth calls with AK. Carson shows 55, and he needs the pocket pair to hold up to stay alive.[ ] best hand

I'm not disagreeing with you on Hellmuth. He's just an incredible tournament player. Consistently he's the best tournament player ever in poker probably. The WSOP cashes say it all right there. Those are the biggest fields in the world the last 3 years and he's he is cashing every tournament he enters it seems. He's a great, great player. But at a final table if he and Ivey are at it Ivey is the favorite if he's anywhere near the chip lead I'll take Ivey. And Ivey has been near the top since day 1 I think. He's dominated this tournament and is on his game.

Hand 74: Phil Hellmuth raises under the gun to 95,000, Mike Carson moves all in for 695,000, and Hellmuth calls with AK. Carson shows 55, and he needs the pocket pair to hold up to stay alive.[ ] best hand
My bad.
id take your $500 wager and just to be clear you think hellmuth or ivey will win?....my 22k win has blossomed as of late let me know ur name on stars.
I'm taking the field vs Hellmuth.If you want the bet, lets ship to someone to hold.
I'll bet 500 even money on stars if you want.
Sorry didn't even see this until now. I would be willing to book really any wager but $500 with no odds is a total sucker bet. A $25 EM bet is like playing for peanuts imo.You give me odds i'll think about it though.

I'll take that $25 bet now lolHand #96: Phil Ivey has the button in seat 8, Hellmuth raises from the cutoff to 240,000, Ivey reraises from the button to 640,000, Hellmuth moves all in, and Ivey calls with AcAd. Hellmuth is dominated with AhKh.The board comes 10d5c3s10hJh, and Ivey's aces hold up to win the pot, doubling his stack to about 5.6 million. Recent chipleader Hellmuth drops all the way down to 1.2 million.

I'm taking the field vs Hellmuth.If you want the bet, lets ship to someone to hold.
how can i trust if i ship to some1that i will get it if i win....I am good for the money but i dont think i am comfortable shipping to third party