• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#41 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

According to a local radio show today, bodog's draft odds say that the favorite to be picked by the Chiefs is Chris Long DE.Chris Long 2/3 Vernon Gholston 5/4 Branden Albert 7/2 Ryan Clady 4/1 Field 13/4 BODOG DRAFT LINESThat would be OK with me.

#42 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

View PostTRB05, on Thursday, April 24th, 2008, 6:50 PM, said:

That would be OK with me.
Yeah, I guess. But I'd rather see Matty Ryan.
Spoiler

#43 freak2304

freak2304

I'm always watching....

• Members
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

View PostTRB05, on Thursday, April 24th, 2008, 5:50 PM, said:

According to a local radio show today, bodog's draft odds say that the favorite to be picked by the Chiefs is Chris Long DE.Chris Long 2/3 Vernon Gholston 5/4 Branden Albert 7/2 Ryan Clady 4/1 Field 13/4 BODOG DRAFT LINESThat would be OK with me.
I'd be very surprised if that happened. He seems like a great player, but if we go DE w/ our 1st overall pick I'm gonna puke.
freak2304 (Lawrence) on Stars and freak2304 on Tilt

#44 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

Getting Dorsey and Albert is a hell of a first round by the Chiefs. Best player in the draft and a very solid o-line piece who can play multiple positions (always a huge plus).
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#45 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, April 26th, 2008, 3:50 PM, said:

Getting Dorsey and Albert is a hell of a first round by the Chiefs. Best player in the draft and a very solid o-line piece who can play multiple positions (always a huge plus).
Agreed...good draft for them so far.
:This space for rent:

#46 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

Dorsey and Albert are good picks, as of now.But the B Flowers pick, in my opinion, was a bad one. They need a corner, but I think they reached for him at 35.
Spoiler

#47 freak2304

freak2304

I'm always watching....

• Members
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, April 26th, 2008, 7:36 PM, said:

Dorsey and Albert are good picks, as of now.But the B Flowers pick, in my opinion, was a bad one. They need a corner, but I think they reached for him at 35.
Agreed. I am not impressed with Flowers at all. I think they could've picked up just as good of a corner w/ their next pick/pick after that.

#48 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

You guys may be correct that Flowers is not the best overall CB, but for the Chiefs system, I think he is the perfect fit, and I don't think they reached at all seeing as Flowers was projected by most to go late 1st early 2nd.A-minus so far.

#49 freak2304

freak2304

I'm always watching....

• Members
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

View PostTRB05, on Saturday, April 26th, 2008, 8:07 PM, said:

You guys may be correct that Flowers is not the best overall CB, but for the Chiefs system, I think he is the perfect fit, and I don't think they reached at all seeing as Flowers was projected by most to go late 1st early 2nd.A-minus so far.
The key words.Signed,Paranoid, Usually Disappointed Chiefs Fan

#50 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

I just got home and saw that they took a RB (Jamaal Charles - a good player) with their first pick of the third round. Without having looked at who else was available, can someone explain to me, why in the name jesus christ himself they took a RB in the third round?
Spoiler

#51 freak2304

freak2304

I'm always watching....

• Members
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

I just got home and saw that they took a RB (Jamaal Charles - a good player) with their first pick of the third round. Without having looked at who else was available, can someone explain to me, why in the name jesus christ himself they took a RB in the third round?
If I were to put a guess to it, I'd say because he was the best quality at that spot and in the NFL you never know when a RB is gonna take that one hit to end his career. I think, more than any other position, it has been proven that a RB's peak window is far smaller. That being said, they obv. needed to address far more urgent of needs at this spot and didn't. Maybe he will be used as trade bait to get pieces that they need.

#52 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

Surprising, but I don't think you can ever have enough RB's especially 2nd round talent in the 3rd round. I think they are drafting the best available player regardless of need, which is the right way to go about drafting. I just hope they get at least 1 more OL with the last 4 picks. Hoping Justice the C from Wake Forest is there at 170 or maybe Nicks from Nebraska (any opinion on him SuitedAces, pretty sure you're a Huskers fan).2008 starting lineup?:LT AlbertsLG Waters/H. Taylor?C Waters?RG Niswanger?RT McIntoshRDE HaliDT DorseyDT Tank/Turk/BooneLDE Boone/Tank/TurkI also would like to see at least one LB taken. Was kinda hoping for D. Connor with the first 3rd rounder instead of the RB (he went the next pick).

#53 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

Glenn DorseyNo good Albert videoBrandon Flowers (very original song selection)Jamaal CharlesBrad Cottam He looks 8 inches taller than everyone around him.DaJuan Morgan Look at 1:01 (#7), and 2 plays starting at 2:30No decent Will Franklin videoBrandon Carr Video

#54 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

View PostTRB05, on Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 2:39 PM, said:

I also would like to see at least one LB taken. Was kinda hoping for D. Connor with the first 3rd rounder instead of the RB (he went the next pick).
exactly. they signed Demarrio Williams. So that means they have D Johnson, D Williams, and D Edwards. But who else?
Spoiler

#55 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Well they still have N. Harris, but Edwards is barely hanging on, Harris is getting on in years, etc. They need do get someone to develop to be ready in 2-3 years

#56 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

View PostTRB05, on Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 3:38 PM, said:

Well they still have N. Harris, but Edwards is barely hanging on, Harris is getting on in years, etc. They need do get someone to develop to be ready in 2-3 years
harris is awful. D edwards is old, but he is still decent. They need two or three young guys in there, in my opinion.
Spoiler

#57 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,322 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

It's just my personal opinion... but I think Carl deserves another year after this draft.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#58 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 3:36 PM, said:

It's just my personal opinion... but I think Carl Herm deserves another year after this draft.
FYP

#59 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

Never heard of this guy before but this page I found sounds good.Brian JohnstonOne of the top prospects for the 2008 NFL Draft that you have probably never heard of is Brian Johnston. Yes Gardner Webb’s defensive end Brian Johnston is from a small school, but he has big time NFL talent. You don’t think those small school players can compete in the NFL? Just ask the Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen, who was a fourth-round selection (126th overall) out of Division I-AA Idaho State from the 2004 NFL Draft. Johnston is also similar to Dallas Cowboys’ defensive end Jason Hatcher, who was selected in the 3rd round (92nd overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft from small school Grambling. Johnston has similar size (6’ 5” 280 lbs) and production to both of those guys as well as similar NFL potential.He (Johnston) was named a first-team Associated Press All-American after the 2007 season, this was the second year in a row Johnston has received that distinction. He has also been honored as one of the top small school NFL Draft prospects by well respected talent scout Josh Buchanan. He was also named as a first-team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), and the Walter Camp Football Foundation and is the Gardner Webb Bulldogs’ first consensus All-America since Harold Wells did it in 2004.This season (2007), the senior Johnston was named Big South Defensive Player of the Year two years in a row, he recorded an impressive 74 total tackles, 37 being solo, a school and conference-record 24 tackles for loss, 6 quarterback sacks and 22 quarterback hurries. He finished ranked No. 2 nationally in tackles for loss on the season, and established new Big South Conference career records for sacks (20.5) and tackles for loss. Johnston finished his career as the top tackling defensive lineman in school history with 268 total tackles.With the advent of the 34 defense in the NFL, those jumbo defensive ends like Johnston have been much sought after. Johnston has fought almost constant double teams, which is why his 6 sacks don’t look that impressive, but he has proven to be very solid against the run, despite being double teamed, his 74 tackles, 20.5 being for a loss, prove that he can fight through multiple blockers and get to the ball carrier. Very good at using his hands, strong and quick, Johnston plays the game with a non-stop motor. He will have to increase his repertoire of pass rushing moves and continue to train to get stronger and quicker in the NFL, but he has the raw talent and skills to warrant a 4th or 5th round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.Update: Johnston played very well in the 2008 Hula Bowl, one of the nation’s better College Football All-Star games. He didn't get an invitation to the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine, but on 8 March 2008 he dazzled scouts at his Pro Day workout. Measuring in at 6-foot-5, 274 pounds, Johnston ran his first 40-yard dash in an eye-popping 4.66 seconds. His slowest time of the day was 4.70, which is still faster than Johnston’s best time a year ago. Johnston’s 40-yard dash time during his pro day, would have been the fourth best at the recent NFL Scouting Combine for defensive ends, and the best for any lineman weighing more than 260 pounds.His most impressive stat from the 40-yard dash came with a very strong 1.51-second time through the first 10 yards, an important time with regards to a players quickness. By comparison, Johnston's 10-yard split was the same as Arkansas running back Darren McFadden turned in at the Combine earlier this year.He recorded an impressive 35-inch vertical leap as well, which would have ranked second among defensive linemen at the NFL Scouting Combine – and best for a player of his size.The most impressive result overall, however, may have been Johnston’s time in the 20-yard shuttle. He turned in a 4.18-second time, which is better than any lineman at the NFL’s Scouting Combine. In fact, the 4.18-second time was faster than any running back at the event – with Illinois’ Rashard Mendenhall the only back to match that time.A 6.96-second time in the 3-cone, was also impressive, and would rank him third if he would have went to the combine.“I felt really good after the workout,” Johnston said. “The few scouts who stayed behind [after San Diego State’s players finished] said that it was the best workout of the day, by far, and they were impressed. My agent [Baltimore-based Tony Agnone] told me Sunday that nearly every team in the NFL had called him after getting those results. That’s encouraging for me.” Hopefully he's not just a workout warrior.

#60 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM, said:

It's just my personal opinion... but I think Carl deserves another year after this draft.
I don't think the fact that everyone ahead of the cheifs lost their mind and failed to draft Dorsey should effect your assessment of carl's job performance. Dorsey at 5 was an utter no-brainer. I think he easily could have been the first pick. The Raiders should have picked Dorsey, Al Davis is insane. The running game is the one thing the raiders didn't need to improve, they were like 4th in the league last year. Notice Dorsey wasn't even a betting option, 'cause no one thought the teams ahead of them would be nuts enough to pass on him. I think the Raiders and the Rams were nuts for not taking him, and Miami too, for that matter. Atlanta really needed a QB, so I can't really blame them. A total coup by the Chiefs.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users