Jump to content


Official F C P Favorite Vegas Restaurants Thread


  • Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#21 Zach6668

Zach6668

    FCHL Champion.

  • Moderators
  • 48,076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:46 AM

I haven't been to many places in Vegas, but I'll list my favorites anyways:Grand Lux Cafe @ VenetianBasically, this place is amazing for the 4 am dinner, for $12. I'm not a penny pincher by any means, but you can't beat the value here. They have a HUGE selection, a wide variety of foods, and it's all very tasty.Noodles @ BellagioOne of my mandatory stops on any Vegas trip. I love the Pad Thai. I'll have to start trying some of the other stuff on the menu this summer, though.Deli @ MGMJust for a quick sandwich, this is the place to go if you're on the south strip. It's also 5 seconds from the poker room, which is nice.The Pizza Place @ NYNYNew York style pizza, in Vegas.==============Like I sid, I haven't really been to too many restaurants in Vegas, I'm usually just grabbing something quick, but these places are my defaults if I'm in the area.I've got a big list of places to go, from this thread, for June, though.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#22 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:47 AM

Sometimes I wish I lived in Vegas. Usually when I'm hungry or when I wish I could roll out of bed on a Saturday and go play poker without having to drive 4 hours. When I was on my 8th day there in September though, all I could think about was being ready to go back home though, so I guess I just wish there were cheaper, shorter flights from Rochester so I could make weekend trips whenever I wanted.

#23 Zach6668

Zach6668

    FCHL Champion.

  • Moderators
  • 48,076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:52 AM

View Postajs510, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 6:47 AM, said:

When I was on my 8th day there in September though, all I could think about was being ready to go back home though, so I guess I just wish there were cheaper, shorter flights from Rochester so I could make weekend trips whenever I wanted.
Seriously.My buddy lives in Toronto, and we were looking for cheaper flights, and Rochester's (or maybe it was Buffalo) prices were ridic, with like 7 layovers.From Thunder Bay, if I drive 3.5 hours into MN, I get an $89 flight direct to Vegas.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#24 rivergirl

rivergirl

    DONKEY LUCKER

  • Members
  • 2,462 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:windsor, ontario Canada
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:06 AM

View PostZach6668, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 6:52 AM, said:

Seriously.My buddy lives in Toronto, and we were looking for cheaper flights, and Rochester's (or maybe it was Buffalo) prices were ridic, with like 7 layovers.From Thunder Bay, if I drive 3.5 hours into MN, I get an $89 flight direct to Vegas.
I've priced flights from Windsor>Toronto>Vegas, as well as just driving to TO and OMG Canadian flights to Vegas are ridiculously priced. Last time i looked at it (it's been a year and a half or so) it was like $1100 CA to fly from Canada. I regularly get round trip from Detroit for $200 US and that is during the May holiday season and on specific dates. It's definately considerably cheaper, regardless of drive time. Mind you I only live about 1/2 hour from the Detroit airport, but with bridge crossing and customs it can equate to a much longer time. Definately worth it IMO. I would even be willing to drive an extra 4 hours to do so.
QUOTE(chrozzo @ Tuesday, December 11th, 2007, 8:35 PM) View Post
hi
<3 rg
hi

#25 Zach6668

Zach6668

    FCHL Champion.

  • Moderators
  • 48,076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

How far is Detroit/Windsor from Toronto?My gf applied to college in Windsor, I may end up down there next year.==========================Also, I wanted to mention that Earl of Sandwich @ Planet Hollywood is fantastic. I dunno if it's a chain I should know about, or what, but I enjoyed it very much during the drunken FCP 2/4 HORSE games, TWICE.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#26 troyomac

troyomac

    .

  • Members
  • 11,235 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:39 AM

View PostZach6668, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 4:41 AM, said:

Also, I wanted to mention that Earl of Sandwich @ Planet Hollywood is fantastic. I dunno if it's a chain I should know about, or what, but I enjoyed it very much during the drunken FCP 2/4 HORSE games, TWICE.
QFT!I just remembered this place and came into post it, but then I saw you got to it first. Best sandwiches ever!

#27 powerpoker

powerpoker

    ^^^^^ my second home

  • Members
  • 3,952 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:RHINO VIP BOOTH/VEGAS

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:08 AM

i will have to def agree that craft steak is the best steakhouse in vegas, the kobe beef filet was outstanding, i think the fact it was free somehow made it taste better
Im going to the rhino twice a week now, i think i may have a problem, but this problem i dont wanna fix

Official Saved By The Bell trivia King!!!!!!!!

They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby. --boiler room


#28 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:53 AM

Top 5 places I've actually been to.5. In-N-Out (Why won't they move east?)4. FireFly (Best tapas I've had hands down)3. StripSteak at Manaday Bay (Get the mashed potato trio, mmmm)2. Mesa Grill (<3 me some Bobby Flay)1. Tao (Amazing asian fusion, you can get sushi or an amazing steak, or both like I do. It's delicious... and don't forget the Tao-Tini)
-Kurt

#29 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

    Point taken....

  • Members
  • 11,378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix / Motor City

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:53 AM

View PostZach6668, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 5:41 AM, said:

How far is Detroit/Windsor from Toronto?My gf applied to college in Windsor, I may end up down there next year.==========================Also, I wanted to mention that Earl of Sandwich @ Planet Hollywood is fantastic. I dunno if it's a chain I should know about, or what, but I enjoyed it very much during the drunken FCP 2/4 HORSE games, TWICE.
Toronto is not that far from Detroit, about 3.5 hours, longer in crappy weather, etc.And QFT Earl of Sandwich. Real good.(also honorable mention to one of my all time favorite and regularly visited upscale chains, P F Changs, also at Planet Hollywood. Mongolian beef, FTW!)



F Cancer

#30 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:54 AM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 8:53 AM, said:

Toronto is not that far from Detroit, about 3.5 hours, longer in crappy weather, etc.And QFT Earl of Sandwich. Real good.(also honorable mention to one of my all time favorite and regularly visited upscale chains, P F Changs, also at Planet Hollywood. Changs Spicy Chicken, FTW!)
FYP, but close.
-Kurt

#31 myenemy

myenemy

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,553 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:36 AM

Prime at the Bellagio. Absolutely amazing. $$$$.

#32 trussdude

trussdude

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Peoria, Arizona
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

I went all of last year without eating any meat. I started eating steak and chicken this year. After reading another thread about In-n-Out, I got a craving for an In-n-Out burger.I stopped Sunday at 4 PM and ordered the #1 combo meal (double-double with fries and a coke). The first half of the burger was fantastic. The second half was kinda gross. I choked the whole thing down and I have had a belly ache since. It's been over 36 hours and I haven't been able to eat anything!My belly still feels like it does right after Thanksgiving dinner.I should have ordered it without the secret sauce.

#33 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:08 AM

View Posttrussdude, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

I went all of last year without eating any meat. I started eating steak and chicken this year. After reading another thread about In-n-Out, I got a craving for an In-n-Out burger.I stopped Sunday at 4 PM and ordered the #1 combo meal (double-double with fries and a coke). The first half of the burger was fantastic. The second half was kinda gross. I choked the whole thing down and I have had a belly ache since. It's been over 36 hours and I haven't been able to eat anything!My belly still feels like it does right after Thanksgiving dinner.I should have ordered it without the secret sauce.
Animal Style is the only way to go.And it wasn't the burger, it was the fact that your stomach was so used to not eating that kinda food.
-Kurt

#34 beans-n-icewater

beans-n-icewater

    IM SHITTIN AGAIN!

  • Members
  • 5,169 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:liquor store
  • Favorite Poker Game:one with beer

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:34 AM

View PostOuch-8s, on Monday, February 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

Next time I promise to try the beer, beans. PROMISE.
Sure you will...See if I recommend the Gold Spike snack bar to you again

View PostSuited_Up, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 6:53 AM, said:

Top 5 places I've actually been to.5. In-N-Out (Why won't they move east?)
Ive looked into buying a franchise but its a family owned chain... and they want to keep it that wayThey probably wont ever go any farther east because they have a thing against freezersTriple Seven downtown and The Hot Rod Grill in Henderson are my hangouts, but nobody ever takes my adviceOuch, Rhinestone, Renae, Caleb, Mexi, etc, etc, etc....

#35 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

    It's not a flying tour group, Jerome

  • Members
  • 8,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Easter Island

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:38 AM

View Postbeans-n-icewater, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 8:34 AM, said:

They probably wont ever go any farther east because they have a thing against freezersuch, Rhinestone, Renae, Caleb, Mexi, etc, etc, etc....
Yeah, their website even says that they don't have a freezer in the restaurants. Not sure how they make the milkshakes as a result, but there you go.
I'm retired.

#36 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:50 AM

View PostOuch-8s, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM, said:

Yeah, their website even says that they don't have a freezer in the restaurants. Not sure how they make the milkshakes as a result, but there you go.
Why do you need freezers out here any more than you do there? I mean, Chicago is like steak central, it's not like we don't have beef here, lol.
-Kurt

#37 beans-n-icewater

beans-n-icewater

    IM SHITTIN AGAIN!

  • Members
  • 5,169 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:liquor store
  • Favorite Poker Game:one with beer

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 8:50 AM, said:

it's not like we don't have beef here, lol.
Posted Image

#38 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

    It's not a flying tour group, Jerome

  • Members
  • 8,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Easter Island

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 8:50 AM, said:

Why do you need freezers out here any more than you do there? I mean, Chicago is like steak central, it's not like we don't have beef here, lol.
mom and pop make all the burger patties and ship them out in reefer trucks to the restaurants daily.no chicago beef for in and out.
I'm retired.

#39 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:07 AM

View PostOuch-8s, on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM, said:

mom and pop make all the burger patties and ship them out in reefer trucks to the restaurants daily.no awesome chicago beef for in and out.

-Kurt

#40 magnus72

magnus72

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,657 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lol minnesotaments

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:10 AM

Im going to be in Vegas for one night only on Saturday, will be my first time. We are staying at the Hooters casino I think since the guy i work with can get a deal there for the night so more than likely will be eating there instead of anyplace in JCs top ten.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users