Why Are Non-believers So Angry?

To be honest...the debate about if Christ is the true saviour and messiah can never be proven or disproven. You can't put your hands on faith and that's what it takes to believe in any religion.You can't teach faith.You can't really teach Christianity.You could read the Bible from cover to cover every day and not have faith or be a Christian.People that are true Christians seem content to me. I'm a true Christian and I am content. It doesn't bother me that some are not Christians. It doesn't bother me that some disbelieve many things about Jesus. It doesn't bother me if some people want to debate the Bible. I'm trully not "one of those Christians" that will say "You're going to Hell because you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal saviour".It just seems that a lot of non-believers are very angry and really confrontational about it. I'm not here (on Earth...not this forum) to convince you that my beliefs are true and yours are not. Any discussion about Christ would be welcomed by me. I seriously would LOVE to hear non-believers thoughts on life and after life.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion".SF TRUE.

My thoughts on life are that we evolved over millions of years from single-celled organisms.My thoughts on the afterlife are that there is none.But, I am okay with that. In fact, I much prefer a dirt nap and a cessation to my consciousness than I do spending an eternity anywhere. Eternity is a long ****ing time and I have absolutely no desire to see what level of boredom I could reach by sticking around.

My thoughts on life are that we evolved over millions of years from single-celled organisms.My thoughts on the afterlife are that there is none.But, I am okay with that. In fact, I much prefer a dirt nap and a cessation to my consciousness than I do spending an eternity anywhere. Eternity is a long ****ing time and I have absolutely no desire to see what level of boredom I could reach by sticking around.
Incredibly insightful and clear.Now...enjoy damnation in hell for all eternity...you heathen.JUST KIDDING ! I couldn't resist! Thanks for the comment. To elaborate... do you think todays "man" evolved from Neanderthal? You know...like that evolutionary chart shows man slowly walking upright.If so... any insight on the missing link part?
To elaborate... do you think todays "man" evolved from Neanderthal? You know...like that evolutionary chart shows man slowly walking upright.If so... any insight on the missing link part?
What missing link?Here are two interesting links I just found:http://www.evolutionhappens.net/http://www.livescience.com/health/top10_missinglinks-1.html
MY question to this is, where did the single-celled organisms come from?
People that are true Christians seem content to me. I'm a true Christian and I am content. It doesn't bother me that some are not Christians. It doesn't bother me that some disbelieve many things about Jesus. It doesn't bother me if some people want to debate the Bible. I'm trully not "one of those Christians" that will say "You're going to Hell because you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal saviour".It just seems that a lot of non-believers are very angry and really confrontational about it. I'm not here (on Earth...not this forum) to convince you that my beliefs are true and yours are not.
you (apparently) like most christians don't really have a grasp of the substance of what you say you are following. you're more of a christian for convenience - presumably you selectively interpret the bible to fit your personally pre-derived notions of what makes the most sense.and.. i don't have a problem with that at all since this type of christianity is of no direct detrimental social consequence. the problem is christians who DO understand the substance (strict fundamentalists) will always seek to impose their beliefs because it's a BIBLICAL REQUIREMENT, both in terms of literal commandment and implied moral obligation. it DOES bother them that others aren't saved. their (and other fundamentalists such as radical islamist's) pretentious certainties about the necessity of spreading their belief create and perpetuate social boundaries and undermines science and human progress. that is why non-believers are angry about religion.
MY question to this is, where did the single-celled organisms come from?
nobody knows for sure, but there are several plausable theories that don't involve intelligence, and no evidence that intelligence is involved, so the fact that nobody knows for sure is in no way evidence "god did it".
you (apparently) like most christians don't really have a grasp of the substance of what you say you are following. you're more of a christian for convenience - presumably you selectively interpret the bible to fit your personally pre-derived notions of what makes the most sense.and.. i don't have a problem with that at all since this type of christianity is of no direct detrimental social consequence. the problem is christians who DO understand the substance (strict fundamentalists) will always seek to impose their beliefs because it's a BIBLICAL REQUIREMENT, both in terms of literal commandment and implied moral obligation. it DOES bother them that others aren't saved. their (and other fundamentalists such as radical islamist's) pretentious certainties about the necessity of spreading their belief create and perpetuate social boundaries and undermine science. that is why non-believers are angry about religion.
The thing is it's not a "biblical requirement..to impose their beliefs on others." Jesus said in the Great Commission to essentially share their faith. The verse in there is usually translated as Jesus saying, "Go. Make disciples of all nations..." But, in the Greek it's not an imperative statment, a better translation would be "As you are going, making disciples of all nations..." so it wasn't really a commandment, as Jesus assumed we would be so stoked about sharing our faith we would be doing it anyway, he just told us the way to do it. Personally, I think it is very wrong to "impose" my beliefs on anybody. But, I do think it's ok for me to share my beliefs with others in hopes that my decide to share my beliefs, but that's their decision. If they choose not to, we should respect that choice. I don't know of many Christians (but I do realize they are out there) that would say "Accept Christ or I'll kill you." The ones that do say this have no understanding of the message Jesus preached. The only reason that I share my beliefs, is because I want others to experience the joy that I have. As Rob Bell states in Velvet Elvis, "I am far more interested in jumping than I am in arguing about whose trampoline is better. You rarely defend the things you love. You enjoy them and tell others about them and invite others to enjoy them with you. Have you ever seen someone pull a photo out of their wallet and argue about the supremacy of this particular loved one? Of course not. They show you the picture and give you the opportunity to see what they see." That's my point in sharing my faith, I just want people to see what I see. I don't want to force what I see on them, I just want to give them the opportunity to see it.

You want the truth, can you handle the truth?You already know the answer.Every non-believer is angry because deep down in places you don't like to talk about, we really believe in God. Our rebelling is a call for help.We want you to show us The Way.Please knock on our doors with Chick Tracts, we love those. You could also hand us Bibles while we walk to class.But the #1 way to convert an unbeliever is to tell them straight out, "Pardon me, sir, you are going to Hell." Works like 147% of the time.

nobody knows for sure, but there are several plausable theories that don't involve intelligence, and no evidence that intelligence is involved, so the fact that nobody knows for sure is in no way evidence "god did it".
Understandable. But, don't you think that God could at least be possible, being nobody know for sure? To rule out the possiblity of God, seems very un-scientistlike, being scientists like to look for every possible explanation.
You want the truth, can you handle the truth?You already know the answer.Every non-believer is angry because deep down in places you don't like to talk about, we really believe in God. Our rebelling is a call for help.We want you to show us The Way.Please knock on our doors with Chick Tracts, we love those. You could also hand us Bibles while we walk to class.But the #1 way to convert an unbeliever is to tell them straight out, "Pardon me, sir, you are going to Hell." Works like 147% of the time.
Actually, the #1 way to convert a nonbeliever is to show them love. But, I digress.
Understandable. But, don't you think that God could at least be possible, being nobody know for sure? To rule out the possiblity of God, seems very un-scientistlike, being scientists like to look for every possible explanation.
nobody has ruled out the possibility of intelligence being involved in abiogenesis. however if someone wants to propose a hypothesis such as "an intelligence was involved in the creation of the first single-celled organisms" they will need to provide objective evidence for that before science can take it seriously - the *same* as would be the case for any non-god hypothesis. when it comes to theories science is brutally objective - it does not play favorites.in other words gaps in our knowledge do not validate belief in god any more than they validate belief in the easter bunny. pretty simple concept, yet the majority of theists tend to fall back on god-of-the-gaps arguments as you are doing to provide justification for their theism. the fact that our knowledge of the universe is incomplete has no relevance to the question of whether god exists.
nobody has ruled out the possibility of intelligence being involved in abiogenesis. however if someone wants to propose a hypothesis such as "an intelligence was involved in the creation of the first single-celled organisms" they will need to provide objective evidence for that before science can take it seriously - the *same* as would be the case for any non-god hypothesis. when it comes to theories science is brutally objective - it does not play favorites.in other words gaps in our knowledge do not validate belief in god any more than they validate belief in the easter bunny. pretty simple concept, yet the majority of theists tend to fall back on god-of-the-gaps arguments as you are doing to provide justification for their theism. the fact that our knowledge of the universe is incomplete has no relevance to the question of whether god exists.
Okay. I understand. Thanks for answering my question.
The thing is it's not a "biblical requirement..to impose their beliefs on others."
i didn't mean impose by direct force or violence - that's more of a radical islamist thing, as much as just to spread their belief in general by whatever means fit within moral boundaries. christians ARE suppose to say "you're wrong" & "you're unsaved". that's what i mean by the implied moral obligation in the NT.
you (apparently) like most christians don't really have a grasp of the substance of what you say you are following. you're more of a christian for convenience - presumably you selectively interpret the bible to fit your personally pre-derived notions of what makes the most sense.and.. i don't have a problem with that at all since this type of christianity is of no direct detrimental social consequence. the problem is christians who DO understand the substance (strict fundamentalists) will always seek to impose their beliefs because it's a BIBLICAL REQUIREMENT, both in terms of literal commandment and implied moral obligation. it DOES bother them that others aren't saved. their (and other fundamentalists such as radical islamist's) pretentious certainties about the necessity of spreading their belief create and perpetuate social boundaries and undermines science and human progress. that is why non-believers are angry about religion.
Ahem.....no. It is a requirement to share the gospel. That's all. That's not imposing by any stretch of the word. As far as getting in the way of science, take away the religous right and science would run amok. There is something to be said for checks and balances.
i didn't mean impose by direct force or violence - that's more of a radical islamist thing, as much as just to spread their belief in general by whatever means fit within moral boundaries. christians ARE suppose to say "you're wrong" & "you're unsaved". that's what i mean by the implied moral obligation in the NT.
Thanks for the clarification. Now that you have explained that- does that not make you sound like a cry baby? Really, what it comes down to is "Don't tell me I am wrong, don't tell me what I don't believe is true is true, waaahhhhhh." meanwhile, like I have pointed out before, what do you expect in a religous forum? Pork and beans and a Mel Brooks marathon? I don't gte it.
LOL... funny.I like how you sum up a person like that. "you (apparently) like most christians don't really have a grasp of the substance of what you say you are following"... how could you know this about me. You have no idea what I know. I merely posed a question and you validated my assumption."you selectively interpret the bible to fit your personally pre-derived notions of what makes the most sense." --- again, how do you know how I interpret the bible?Don't be angry. All is well.
That's actually the first completely true thing you have said.
Ahem.....no. It is a requirement to share the gospel. That's all. That's not imposing by any stretch of the word. As far as getting in the way of science, take away the religous right and science would run amok. There is something to be said for checks and balances.
lol right on cue to provide a perfect example of what i'm talking about - why religioius fundamentalism tends to make non-believers angry. thanks lois.
Hm. I might accept that a little more. But, I don't think Christians are supposed to tell unbelievers "you're wrong" or "you're unsaved" even though that's what we believe unbelievers are. At least we shouldn't say it in those ways, which are very divisive statements. I don't think sharing our faith should be about who's right or wrong, like I said before, it should be about giving people the opportunity to see what we see.
I like how you sum up a person like that. "you (apparently) like most christians don't really have a grasp of the substance of what you say you are following"... how could you know this about me. You have no idea what I know.
i'm going by what you just said above. a christian who isn't bothered by the fact that others don't believe doesn't understand the moral implications of their own religeon. most christians don't.
Hm. I might accept that a little more. But, I don't think Christians are supposed to tell unbelievers "you're wrong" or "you're unsaved" even though that's what we believe unbelievers are. At least we shouldn't say it in those ways, which are very divisive statements. I don't think sharing our faith should be about who's right or wrong, like I said before, it should be about giving people the opportunity to see what we see.
100% agree.I understand that the Bible says I should go make desciples but that's where I really fail as a Christian. I have a hard time telling people they are going to a hell that they don't even believe in.I never tell non-believers they are wrong. You just can't. Once again...it's faith.I can't give someone faith. IN MY OPINION... a lot of non-believers do not have faith because it is more convenient and an easier life. When in fact...just the opposite is true. It's not hard to be a Christian....it's one of the easiest things I've ever done. I am a sinner. I sin every single day. I can not stop sinning.Being a Christian isn't about trying to be perfect. It's more about accepting that we can not be perfect and deal with our sins. We can try to be better...maybe not flip off the guy who cut us off in traffic...but at the end of the day I can gaurantee that you couldn't count on both hands the number of times you have sinned.Once again...please refer to the part where I said...IN MY OPINION...therefore I can not be wrong. No need to dogpile me and start in about "There you Christians go again...always telling me what I'm doing wrong..."... LOL
You haven't heard about the free harps then.I think it was put best like this:For a Christian, this life is the worst it will ever be.For the unbeliever, this life is the best it will ever be.
You haven't heard about the free harps then.I think it was put best like this:For a Christian, this life is the worst it will ever be.For the unbeliever, this life is the best it will ever be.
Nice...lol"Life is a journey to be lived; not a problem to be solved."