Hi everyone,I'm kinda new to poker and this forum. I've been playing for about 2 years now and I've just started playing realmoney games which are going very well I have to say :)Anyway, to get to the point: I've been watching season 4 of High Stakes (love it, popcorn, glass of wine and watch 3 episodes one after the other!). And they were talking about "putting the XX amount dollar strattle on" . This is always done pre-flop.Can anyone explain to me what a " strattle" is? I know about ante's and blinds, just never heard of the term "strattle" before.Thank you!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is basically a blind raise. SB BB Staddle. Some places I have seen have allowed the straddle to be "live" meaning they can still raise if everyone limps to them....basically one of the worst plays in poker. I usually raise someone's straddle. On a side note, in a home game we often straddle and have took down some monster pots by waking up with a good hand in the straddle. But it's just like an extra bb

its straddle I think.The person who is Under The Gun, if wants can double the big blind, without looking at his cards, so he becomes the new big blind.Its done to liven up the action. If your playing 1/2 holdem and and someone straddles $4, and 3 ppl call, thats about $18 in the pot.the pot becomes a lot more valuable to steal for example.The aggressive players usually do it to force the tight players to loosen up

Ah, that cleared it up for me a lot! Thanks! (And sorry for the spelling, it's because I never heard of the term before :club: )

strattle...that might just be a result of Eli Elezra's accent
I like Eli, quiet but smart player :D I like seeing him and Sammy play :club:
I like Eli, quiet but smart player :D I like seeing him and Sammy play :club:
Just don't say anything about farha being a good player on here. You'll get castrated.On topic though, there is also another version of straddle called the "mississipi straddle" which can be put up from any seat at the table. I.e the button straddles then first action is on small blind. I agree that the straddle is not the most profitable move usually. But there is one exception when I will straddle everytime I have the option. And the straddle always gets the last option to raise. Otherwise it is just a blind raise.
Just don't say anything about farha being a good player on here. You'll get castrated.On topic though, there is also another version of straddle called the "mississipi straddle" which can be put up from any seat at the table. I.e the button straddles then first action is on small blind. I agree that the straddle is not the most profitable move usually. But there is one exception when I will straddle everytime I have the option. And the straddle always gets the last option to raise. Otherwise it is just a blind raise.
Cool, thnx! And I don't think Sammy is that great a player. He talks too much, doesn't read people very well and plays the most impossible hands. I mean, of course you'll win playing odd hands every now and then, but come on... :club:
LOL STRATTLE! You're my hero.
Cool, I got a fan :club:

what could strattle mean? is it the morphing of two words?strange cattlestringent battlestriped cattlestroke rattlestreaking in seattlei got nothing

what could strattle mean? is it the morphing of two words?strange cattlestringent battlestriped cattlestroke rattlestreaking in seattlei got nothing
"streaking in seattle" schater.gif
Hi everyone,I'm kinda new to poker and this forum. I've been playing for about 2 years now and I've just started playing realmoney games which are going very well I have to say :)Anyway, to get to the point: I've been watching season 4 of High Stakes (love it, popcorn, glass of wine and watch 3 episodes one after the other!). And they were talking about "putting the XX amount dollar strattle on" . This is always done pre-flop.Can anyone explain to me what a " strattle" is? I know about ante's and blinds, just never heard of the term "strattle" before.Thank you!
LOL at you morons in this tread.I raise here. check it out.1 - a young girl webcam pic avatar (basically insinuating its her in the pic)2 - popcorn, a glass of red wine, and 3 episodes. Oh please. If this isnt an attempt to sound like the perfect girlfreind to us degens, i dont know what is.3 - 30+ posts in 2 days. newbs are never this interested in this site that early.fake account, only way OP can prve otherwise is some pics and nuds with FCP written on her stomach or something of that nature
LOL at you morons in this tread.I raise here. check it out.1 - a young girl webcam pic avatar (basically insinuating its her in the pic)2 - popcorn, a glass of red wine, and 3 episodes. Oh please. If this isnt an attempt to sound like the perfect girlfreind to us degens, i dont know what is.3 - 30+ posts in 2 days. newbs are never this interested in this site that early.fake account, only way OP can prve otherwise is some pics and nuds with FCP written on her stomach or something of that nature
maybe she's just really outgoing?????
ur getting bluffed dude.
LOL at you morons in this tread.fake account, only way OP can prve otherwise is some pics and nuds with FCP written on her stomach or something of that nature
You might be on to something here! But I am also knew and NO ONE wants to see those same pictures of me.
Add me to your msn, I'll turn my webcam on and I'll prove to you that it's truly me in the picture. I do like the fact you're calling me the perfect girlfriend though marrysmile.gifedit: and it is me in the picture btw. Anyone else who doesn't believe it, just add me to your msn list. Pfff... can't believe I have to prove that I am really me. You want me to show some ID next time I post a question?

And the silence speaks volumes... Next time you accuse someone of being fake, check it first... sbatje.gif

Add me to your msn, I'll turn my webcam on and I'll prove to you that it's truly me in the picture. I do like the fact you're calling me the perfect girlfriend though marrysmile.gifedit: and it is me in the picture btw. Anyone else who doesn't believe it, just add me to your msn list. Pfff... can't believe I have to prove that I am really me. You want me to show some ID next time I post a question?
Go herejustin.tvset up a page, all the cool kids on FCP are doing it
Add me to your msn, I'll turn my webcam on and I'll prove to you that it's truly me in the picture.edit: and it is me in the picture btw. Anyone else who doesn't believe it, just add me to your msn list.
Uh-oh.