February Goals

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

Poll: This is a Poll (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a poll?

1. Yes (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

2. No (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Bastard (27 votes [84.38%])

Percentage of vote: 84.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 KHSPoker21

KHSPoker21

Grinder Status

• Members
  • 1,931 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE duh!

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

Always good to finish strong :club: Posted ImageBR: $1320Posted ImageJanuary Goals:1) Gold Medal Ironman Status - Silver2) Grind @ least 15,000-20,000 hands - Check 3) Avg 6-8bbs/100 - 5.2bbs/1004) Start taking shots @ $50NL w/ 25 Buy-Ins - Did it with ~20 oops :)February Goals:1) Play @ least 20k hands2) Average 6-8bbs/1003) Upgrade FTP status from Silver to Gold.4) Play when I want to and stay focused/confident.5) Practice better tilt control.6) Clear last $320 of bonus and decide if/where to go for rakeback/deposit bonus.
http://www.raketherake.com/Members/?Refer=RTR24185

B-L-O-G 1/21/09

Me VT & King on Skype:

VT: My pool record got broken after 3 years /life imo

King: My best event is the downswing

#22 cwik

cwik

Bully for you.

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

View Postcwik, on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008, 3:18 PM, said:

December was good. I haven't added everything up yet but roughly ~$5k month.Jan goals:- Play more hands then Rdog- Crush 200/400 PLO game on FTP- Learn PLO- Sweep the Sunday majors in the same weak- Eat lunch today- Have Sharks go undefeated- Do Jessica BealI know some of these might be harder to accomplish, so the one or two might spew into February.
Ok, didn't quite manage to accomplish all my goals in January, in fact I really only completed one to the end. A bit discouraging, but oh well, we'll get 'em next time.For February I am going to switch it up a bit.30,000 hands.5ptbb/100That's it. Lets do it, baby.

#23 Roberts2003

Roberts2003

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, girls, pranking, losing to gutshots
  • Favorite Poker Game:nl head up

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:08 AM

I won 51,500 in January in less then 8K hands. For Febuary I want to:-play at least 1 6 max FTOPS tournament-play 15K hands-figure out my internship stuff at the Stock Exchange-finally meet a girl at UPenn who is a.)hot b.)smart c.)SINGLEsome lofty goals this month. one ****ing time.
Blog is now private, so message me if we are pals and ill give you access.

#24 dreamcrusher28

dreamcrusher28

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Pokah
  • Favorite Poker Game:....why all of them of course!!

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

My post got screwed up, don't feel like retyping.Losing month at all sites, cashed out $500 from AP, starting over at $150 which I've since doubled.Whoopty damn dooo. :club:
-Only H.O.R.S.E.men who play 2-7 TD are true poker players.

#25 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

View PostZach6668, on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008, 5:35 AM, said:

For January, I'm going to have my first 5-figure month. To ensure that this happens, I will be attempting to play a minimum of 500 hands/day, with the overall goal being between 15,000 and 20,000 hands. More if possible, but it's quite difficult to get 1k hands/day using good table selection at 5/10 HU LHE.Basically, for January, and all of 2008, I pledge to no longer be lazy, lol. Grind out the hands, and the money will come.
January ResultsTable Profit: $9,162.99Rakeback: $564.23Bonus: $1,255Points Value: $1,755.47Other*: ($428)Total: $12,309.69Hands Played: 10,989*Other includes referral rakeback, fees incurred during withdrawals, and the gain/loss of money based on the current exchange rate, since I hold some of my BR in $CAD, as well as some money lost when I took 10% of a friend's action in a soft 100/200 game.This is by far my best month ever, topping November's ~$9k win. I achieved half of my goal, which was to have my first 5-figure month, but I came up quite a bit short of my hands goal.To be fair, I found it a lot more difficult to get in hands while I was running well, simply because I'd bust my opponents in significantly fewer hands, and therefore I wouldn't have to play as long to win the same amount, lol. I certainly could have put in more hours tho, and I'll look to do that in February.Nearly 100% of my hands came from 5/10 HU LHE, with the exception of 4 hands (3 at 3/6 and 1 at 15/30). In both cases, I sat at the wrong limit by accident, and didn't notice until I played my first hand, lol.As shown in the PT stats image, I clearly ran super hot the entire month. It's tough to say with a lot of certainty, as I've only got 25k hands of HU LHE under my belt, but I think my long term winrate is probably closer to 5 BB/100, maybe 4 BB/100 a bit more conservatively, assuming I continue to practice very good game selection.Graphs:Posted ImageStats:Posted ImageFebruary Goals15,000 hands, $10,000 profit.I'm going to stick with 5/10 for a while, as I'm very comfortable there, and I can handle the quick, huge swings of HU LHE there there best, in terms of the amount of money. Also, this is the first time I've been overrolled for anything, and I'm really enjoying the extra comfort.I'm not rolled for 10/20 yet, anyways, but when the time comes, I don't really want to jump into it without being ready for double the amount of money going either way, so basically, the plan for February is to build up my roll (which means spend WAY less than I did in January) to the point that I'll be ready for 10/20 come March.Once again, best of luck to everyone in February!
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#26 whatgreatis

whatgreatis

Entropaneur

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:strategy games
  • Favorite Poker Game:Not just another arrogent asshole pothead.

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

View Postwhatgreatis, on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

January Goals:1. Profit 600 live (I haven't made this since Oct, it's time to meet it again)2. Make 100bb playing only .5/1 horse and keep silverstar membership3. Start working out again. Work is slowing down and its time to get back into the gym.4. Finish reading SS1 and read a few chapters of SS2.
1. $883.50 in profit. Goal accomplished.2. Failed. Drifted away from the horse game and was too busy to keep silverstar.3. Failed. I worked out once this whole month. I got sick again and worked a lot of 12 hour days.4. Accomplished.February Goals:1. Profit $1 during HPT in Mille Lacs.2. Profit $600 for the month.3. Finish SS2 and order a new book using fpp points.4. Keep fixing leaks in my LHE game.GL Everyone.
degenerate strategist

QUOTE (tskillz187 @ Sunday, June 21st, 2009, 7:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatgreatis is the lone reason I became a small winner at small stakes to a bigger winner at mid stakes.

#27 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

January Goals were:Play 30k handsWin 7kPlay my best in Borgata Winter Open.January results:I don't know the exact numbers because everything is on my other computer and i'm in the process of moving but I think I played 25k hands and maybe won 1k because I had a decent start to the month and an okay end but a horrible middle of the month. I didn't play any Borgata events at all. I did manage to impregnate my fiance which I haven't really mentioned on fcp yet so I was sucessful at something this month. February Goals:Play 30k handsProfit 7kHopefully play a few FTOPS events life goals..start saving for baby and new houseget taxes doneexercise!

#28 ROBBBIGG

ROBBBIGG

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:limping queens

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

January results: Made money, had fun. Very happy with how things went.February goals: - Clear 2.5k profit by end of February, starting last Wednesday (2 days ago). ~1280 to go :club:- Work out- Have fun
alexeimartov: lets both hope there isn't an fpp vip option
alexeimartov: to kill your whole family

#29 david_keena

david_keena

FCP's official RICER

• Members
  • 2,391 posts
  • Interests:obv poker i play N/L holdem and am getting in to stud H/L. in to cars, snowmobile, atv. chillin with freinds.
  • Favorite Poker Game:N/L hold em

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

View Postwhatgreatis, on Friday, February 1st, 2008, 3:35 PM, said:

1. $883.50 in profit. Goal accomplished.2. Failed. Drifted away from the horse game and was too busy to keep silverstar.3. Failed. I worked out once this whole month. I got sick again and worked a lot of 12 hour days.4. Accomplished.February Goals:1. Profit $1 during HPT in Mille Lacs.2. Profit $600 for the month.3. Finish SS2 and order a new book using fpp points.4. Keep fixing leaks in my LHE game.GL Everyone.
do u want me to borrow u $1 when u get back??
AP - ICALL ICALL
PS - blufferdave
FT - dave keena

#30 whatgreatis

whatgreatis

Entropaneur

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Interests:strategy games
  • Favorite Poker Game:Not just another arrogent asshole pothead.

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

View Postdavid_keena, on Friday, February 1st, 2008, 6:00 PM, said:

do u want me to borrow u $1 when u get back??
Yes.
degenerate strategist

QUOTE (tskillz187 @ Sunday, June 21st, 2009, 7:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatgreatis is the lone reason I became a small winner at small stakes to a bigger winner at mid stakes.

#31 kkot

kkot

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

It's always nice to run hot to start off the month. 137% ROI!
wutwut00 on Stars

#32 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,076 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:27 AM

View PostTremomey, on Friday, February 1st, 2008, 4:50 PM, said:

I did manage to impregnate my fiance which I haven't really mentioned on fcp yet so I was sucessful at something this month.
Congrats, Tre.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#33 cwik

cwik

Bully for you.

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

I am somewhere between really happy for Zach to really jealous. If I was smart I would ask him to teach me HU LHE. Maybe that will be my goal for March.

#34 Bshealey786

Bshealey786

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Naked Poker

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:26 AM

Feb Goals:1)Try not to move up out of my BR as often(haha problem for me)2)Get my BR up to 1000k by the end of the month, its at 250 now

#35 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,076 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:47 AM

View Postcwik, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 4:09 AM, said:

I am somewhere between really happy for Zach to really jealous. If I was smart I would ask him to teach me HU LHE. Maybe that will be my goal for March.
$100/hr.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#36 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:10 AM

View PostZach6668, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 2:47 AM, said:

$100/hr.
Worked out the official rates now eh? haha. This month is starting off good...already up about 400 primarily from taking kids money at huhu (one losin session). I am severely underrolled for it, but thins will get a bit better when my rb comes in in just over a week. I think my plan is to only keep $500 online at any one time which gives me plenty of play at huhu and 6max.
www.mattnxtc.blogspot.com

#37 homnig

homnig

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt's

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

Don't really have any goals... too busy this month.gl all
"poker is gay

/rant

for real this time."

-Zach

#38 cwik

cwik

Bully for you.

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

View PostBshealey786, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 2:26 AM, said:

Feb Goals:1)Try not to move up out of my BR as often(haha problem for me)2)Get my BR up to 1000k by the end of the month, its at 250 now
I think this is going to be my goal too. 1 million dollars by the end of the month. Then i could pay for Zach's ridiculous ego. :club:

#39 dreamcrusher28

dreamcrusher28

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:59 AM

Cashed out most of my roll on all three sites.So my starting amounts for my own records are:Bodog:..........$350 (cashed out $500)Absolute:......$150 (cashed out $500 last month)Stars:...........$150 (cashed out $300)It seems like I reach a sticking point every time I grind up my $$$$$$$. Not sure if its skill, a mental thing or just variance.But why should I hover at a certain dollar amount when I can just cash out and grind it up again?? *crosses fingers*I had these delusional dreams of leaving money in there and eventually working it into a BIG cashout, but it'll never happen. So I'll just have to be happy with the ocassional $200 or so finding its way to my bank account. It's just a bit depressing to realize that I probably won't get much better at poker and even slighty better players own me. But I still love playing (even during downswings) and will never quit. ----/pity partyI guess it could be worse, if I hadn't found FCP I'd probably be down thousands and would've had to quit like my friends who have no concept of BR management , position or the existence of anything besides NLHE.

#40 dreamcrusher28

dreamcrusher28

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

View Postcwik, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 5:02 PM, said:

I think this is going to be my goal too. 1 million dollars by the end of the month. Then i could pay for Zach's ridiculous ego. :D
I was thinking of adding HULHE to the mix. Perhaps I could purchase 8 minutes of coaching from Zach. :club:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users