2549 replies to this topic

#641 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

View Postdapokerbum, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 9:37 AM, said:

So I haven't been able to work with my partner for a month or so, but I have been still going to the gym fairly often.Normal week:Monday - Gym after workTuesday - Gym after workWednesday - Poker night / Wife night (alternate weeks ... keeps her happy)Thursday - Softball LeagueFriday - Gym after workSat/sunday - One day for Mtn Biking, one day try to golf ... if not go to gym
Wait, you have a wife night only once every two weeks?Do you have a book or manual that I could purchase?

#642 Piddle Duck

Piddle Duck

OH YEAH

• Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Peeing for distance

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Okay, so do I drink the Muscle Milk before working out, like 30-45 minutes, or do I drink it 30 minutes after?

#643 Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise

shot down in a blaze of glory

• Members
  • 6,831 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:cuddling

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

View PostPiddle Duck, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 2:47 PM, said:

Okay, so do I drink the Muscle Milk before working out, like 30-45 minutes, or do I drink it 30 minutes after?
lift weights. drink muscle milk. flex in mirror naked. repeat.(directly afterward. don't wait.)
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, June 15th, 2009, 9:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody who dies of Swine Flu is just a faggot.

#644 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM, said:

Wait, you have a wife night only once every two weeks?Do you have a book or manual that I could purchase?
Well technically Monday and Tuesday and Friday are also wife nights ... they just happen to be after the gym. The wednesday night is her the entire night! Also, we usually go to see friends on Saturday night and might get an afternoon hike on sunday.... so No you don't want to purchase any book that I am selling. I'm just as wife whipped as any married person.
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#645 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

View Postdapokerbum, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 4:06 PM, said:

Well technically Monday and Tuesday and Friday are also wife nights ... they just happen to be after the gym. The wednesday night is her the entire night! Also, we usually go to see friends on Saturday night and might get an afternoon hike on sunday.... so No you don't want to purchase any book that I am selling. I'm just as wife whipped as any married person.
FALSE ADVERTISING!

#646 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, 4:07 PM, said:

You're Pussy Whipped!
FYP
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#647 dolfan

dolfan

Bird of War

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

Ran Monday and Wednesday. Finished Week 2 of the push up program Tuesday. Tonight will be off and then back to running on Friday. I'll do my push up test over the weekend to establish my level for Week 3. I still (and forever will) hate ab workouts.
It really took a tall one to see it, two to believe it, three to just get in the way.

#648 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

View Postdolfan, on Thursday, November 6th, 2008, 7:51 AM, said:

Ran Monday and Wednesday. Finished Week 2 of the push up program Tuesday. Tonight will be off and then back to running on Friday. I'll do my push up test over the weekend to establish my level for Week 3. I still (and forever will) hate ab workouts.
Have you ever tried core exercises with the ball. There are some fun ones that absolutely work your abs.

#649 dolfan

dolfan

Bird of War

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

View Postdapokerbum, on Thursday, November 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

Have you ever tried core exercises with the ball. There are some fun ones that absolutely work your abs.
Only very few way back in high school. Any suggestions on effective exercises?
It really took a tall one to see it, two to believe it, three to just get in the way.

#650 Giggidy

Giggidy

BR Building

• Members
  • 1,657 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Poker, Visual Effects
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU4Busto

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Monday, October 6th, 2008, 1:57 AM, said:

Started doing this today. It's not a workout program, but should help to get a little strength back. I could only do like 5 pushups in the first test. It's sad how weak I've gotten.http://hundredpushups.com/
Gonna give this a shot, cheers for the link - I used to hammer pushups as i really love em. I used to do sets of 50, but dont reckon i ever did more than 65 to fail, so 100's a damn hard target imo, should be a good goal to try for.Not posted in this thread for ages as i've done slightly more than a gnats cock of exercise. Still travelling back and to for work, so i cba joining a gym as they usually want a years membership. Hopefully i bag a long term job soon as i'm gagging to get back into a routine again
Graphs, text and probably some half naked chics - The blog of a micro-cash douche: http://giggidyfcp.blogspot.com/ <<<<----- Updated 07/02 - Volume
--------

Get juicy rakeback @ Bodog, Full Tilt, UB, Cake etc etc here

#651 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

Had good workouts Mon and Tues. Yesterday I was hurting a little, so took it off, and then ended up having to do a lot or running around today, so I'll try to get back in there tomorrow. Question though. I know they say you should basically work weights 3 days a week or so, alternating days. But how often should/could you be working the same muscle groups? Only once a week, or is more completely fine too?
-Kurt

#652 Giggidy

Giggidy

BR Building

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

More is fine, the days gap is just to let the tissue repair. I used to do 2 days after each other sometimes, but just work different muscle groups each time. I was advised it was better to work posterior/anterior in the same sesssion - so ticeps/biceps one session, back/chest on another etc if you're spreading them out
Graphs, text and probably some half naked chics - The blog of a micro-cash douche: http://giggidyfcp.blogspot.com/ <<<<----- Updated 07/02 - Volume
--------

#653 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

View PostGiggidy, on Thursday, November 6th, 2008, 3:15 PM, said:

More is fine, the days gap is just to let the tissue repair. I used to do 2 days after each other sometimes, but just work different muscle groups each time. I was advised it was better to work posterior/anterior in the same sesssion - so ticeps/biceps one session, back/chest on another etc if you're spreading them out
Yeah, I just meant more like, if I do biceps/triceps monday, it's not too much to do it again friday right? Because really... I need way more work on the upper body, my legs have always been pretty big.Also, what the hell can I do to build a chest if I don't have a normal bench press? Nothing ever feels like it's actually working my chest. Have the bench itself, dumbells, and different machines, but I can't ever remember having soreness in my chest, lol.
-Kurt

#654 Giggidy

Giggidy

BR Building

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, November 6th, 2008, 9:29 PM, said:

Yeah, I just meant more like, if I do biceps/triceps monday, it's not too much to do it again friday right? Because really... I need way more work on the upper body, my legs have always been pretty big.Also, what the hell can I do to build a chest if I don't have a normal bench press? Nothing ever feels like it's actually working my chest. Have the bench itself, dumbells, and different machines, but I can't ever remember having soreness in my chest, lol.
Nah that's no worries - I often did arms 2/3 times a week, with a day break in betweenYou don't have to have a press for youy chest - if you've got the bench and dumbells you're laughing...Lie back on the bench and choose a weight you're comfy with (no idea on your weight/fitness etc) - have a dumbell in each arm and push your arms upwards, then lower them out to the sides, so your body is in a lying-down-crucfix type shape (palms facing upwards) - bring your arms back up to meet above your chest, fully extended, and rotate your wrists so the ends of the dumbells meet - rinse/repeat (its a killer)http://www.netfit.co...-flys-flies.htmLike that but i add the wrist movement in tooYou can do regular chest press w/dumbells too, you dont have to have a bar. Do regular, inclined and raised sets if your bench allows it (the change in angle massively effects which muscle group, doin all 3 will make your chest loads bigger with time)
--------

#655 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

View PostGiggidy, on Thursday, November 6th, 2008, 3:51 PM, said:

Nah that's no worries - I often did arms 2/3 times a week, with a day break in betweenYou don't have to have a press for youy chest - if you've got the bench and dumbells you're laughing...Lie back on the bench and choose a weight you're comfy with (no idea on your weight/fitness etc) - have a dumbell in each arm and push your arms upwards, then lower them out to the sides, so your body is in a lying-down-crucfix type shape (palms facing upwards) - bring your arms back up to meet above your chest, fully extended, and rotate your wrists so the ends of the dumbells meet - rinse/repeat (its a killer)http://www.netfit.co...-flys-flies.htmLike that but i add the wrist movement in tooYou can do regular chest press w/dumbells too, you dont have to have a bar. Do regular, inclined and raised sets if your bench allows it (the change in angle massively effects which muscle group, doin all 3 will make your chest loads bigger with time)
Yeah, I know all that stuff. Was hoping someone had something better, lol.By raised do you mean decline? But yeah, I maybe just don't do a heavy enough weight, especially since it's only dumbells, I always worry about my stability with them.
-Kurt

#656 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

View Postdolfan, on Thursday, November 6th, 2008, 9:52 AM, said:

Only very few way back in high school. Any suggestions on effective exercises?
I actually do a lot with the ball from pushups to dumbell flies to just some crazy core work.I guess one that is good for both abs and triceps is to start on your knees and put the back of your hands on the ball. Then you roll out so that your forearms are on the ball and you are stretched out. While you are doing this it is VERY important to maintain good posture with your back. Make sure that it is on plane.Another way to get comfortable with this is to start with your forearms on the ground and get yourself into a half pushup position, again making sure that you are on plane, and just hold yourslef there. You should feel it in your abs. Once you can do this for say thirty seconds or so, then you can move on the the ball and do the roll outs.It is much easier to show people, so i hope you get the general idea of what i am talking about. I am not a fitness expert by any means, but the guy i work out with is. And it has started to improve my abs, which were basically a keg before and you can almost start to see the beginnings of a six pack now..EDIT:http://exercise.abou...s/l/bl_core.htmThe one i was talking about is the ab roll.I also do the ball rotation one. If you get comfortable with that one you can add weight and then it really gets fun.

#657 dolfan

dolfan

Bird of War

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:30 PM

View Postdapokerbum, on Friday, November 7th, 2008, 12:29 PM, said:

EDIT:http://exercise.abou...s/l/bl_core.htmThe one i was talking about is the ab roll.I also do the ball rotation one. If you get comfortable with that one you can add weight and then it really gets fun.
Excellent, thanks. I'll give these a shot at some point. And by that I mean, I'll do them for a week and most likely stop.

#658 dolfan

dolfan

Bird of War

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

After almost three weeks of the push up program, I've concluded the following:1. I will not be doing 100 consecutive push ups any time soon. I'll keep up with the workouts, because I'm definitely seeing progress. But there's no way I'll be cranking out 100 consecutive three weeks from now.

#659 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

View Postdolfan, on Friday, November 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM, said:

After almost three weeks of the push up program, I've concluded the following:1. I will not be doing 100 consecutive push ups any time soon. I'll keep up with the workouts, because I'm definitely seeing progress. But there's no way I'll be cranking out 100 consecutive three weeks from now.
I can't see it either. Granted, when I started working out, I stopped the pushup thing, cause I was working those muscles already and I don't think I could have done both. But until I drop like 50lbs, I don't see 100 happening.
-Kurt

#660 dolfan

dolfan

Bird of War

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

View PostSuited_Up, on Friday, November 14th, 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

I can't see it either. Granted, when I started working out, I stopped the pushup thing, cause I was working those muscles already and I don't think I could have done both. But until I drop like 50lbs, I don't see 100 happening.
It's not really a big deal to me. It's not like I lie awake at night going, "Man, I really wish I could do 100 straight push ups." I just saw the post about the work out and figured it would be a good way to keep myself doing push ups more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users