#41 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 6:55 PM, said:

I thought that was the trick
Shake says what we're all thinking after he says it.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#42 zimmer4141

zimmer4141

GO BLUE

• Members
  • 15,007 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Golf

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

View PostNikki_N, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 2:47 PM, said:

Nobody likes it when you hurl on their member.
I bet ShakeZuma does!
Hail To the Victors Valiant
Hail To the Conquering Heroes
Hail Hail To Michigan
The Leaders and Best

#43 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

View Postzimmer4141, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

I bet ShakeZuma does!
That could very well be. I suppose I've heard of stranger things.
Valar Morghulis

#44 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

Only had a 50-minute or so window to work out last night...got in a half-hour cardio, increased the weights on the upper body and increased the crunches. Felt good and no soreness this morning.
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#45 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:29 AM

View Postjeff_536, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 8:30 AM, said:

Only had a 50-minute or so window to work out last night...got in a half-hour cardio, increased the weights on the upper body and increased the crunches. Felt good and no soreness this morning.
I understand that you only had 50 mins, but I would think if you have NO soreness, you need to up the workout. Thoughts?

#46 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

View Postfryer98, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 9:29 AM, said:

I understand that you only had 50 mins, but I would think if you have NO soreness, you need to up the workout. Thoughts?
Agreed. I'm walking the fine line between going too easy and going too hard.But I actually increased the weights on all the upper body machines i used, to the point I struggled to complete my third set of 10. Either I'm becoming a little more accustomed to pushing weights around or i need to push a little harder. I'll keep ramping things up.

My New Blog

#47 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:41 AM

View Postjeff_536, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 8:37 AM, said:

Agreed. I'm walking the fine line between going too easy and going too hard.But I actually increased the weights on all the upper body machines i used, to the point I struggled to complete my third set of 10. Either I'm becoming a little more accustomed to pushing weights around or i need to push a little harder. I'll keep ramping things up.
My understanding is you want to be struggling toward the end of your first set.

#48 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

View Postjeff_536, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 9:37 AM, said:

No problem with easing your way in and feeling things out. Not saying you should up it a lot now and be hurting big time, but eventually, some soreness is a good sign. Just remember, no matter how far you push it, your workout now is MUCH better than what your workout was a few months ago.Now, if my lazy ass would start at it again.

#49 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

View PostJadaki, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 9:41 AM, said:

My understanding is you want to be struggling toward the end of your first set.
Oh geez...if i'm struggling at the end of the first set, there's no way I'll get through the third.

View Postfryer98, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 9:47 AM, said:

No problem with easing your way in and feeling things out. Not saying you should up it a lot now and be hurting big time, but eventually, some soreness is a good sign. Just remember, no matter how far you push it, your workout now is MUCH better than what your workout was a few months ago.Now, if my lazy ass would start at it again.
When i first started the simplest stuff a couple months, I literally struggled to do 10 pushups...it was pathetic. I feel much better now.

My New Blog

#50 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

I've been lifting weights for about 2 full years now and I still get sore after just about every workout. of course, I'm totally into shredding my muscles and pumping to the max, so there's that.

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#51 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:42 AM

View PostShakeZuma, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 7:12 AM, said:

I've been lifting weights for about 2 full years now and I still get sore after just about every workout. of course, I'm totally into shredding my muscles and pumping to the max, so there's that.
Yeah, thats not good shake. At this point you should not be getting sore anymore, if you are serious you could be tearing muscles more than you should be.

#52 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM, said:

Yeah, thats not good shake. At this point you should not be getting sore anymore, if you are serious you could be tearing muscles more than you should be.
He drinks muscle milk and jagar bombs, he will be just fine.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#53 steve73

steve73

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:43 PM

View Postjeff_536, on Tuesday, January 29th, 2008, 6:37 AM, said:

Some of my thoughts on resistance training. Split body into different parts for different workouts. Chest & shoulders. Back & abs. Arms (tris & bis). Legs (quads & hams).Start off 4 exercisers X 3 sets. The first set is to ready the muscles for the work sets, consentrait on your form, you should be able to do 10 reps quite easily. The 2nd set you increase the weight and should do 8 reps where u could have done 10 at the most. The 3rd set you again increase the weight and do 5 to 7 reps, as many as you can do. 1 compound and 1 isolation exercise for each body part. example:bench press. 50 x 10, 60 x8, 70 x6dumbell flys. 10 x 10, 12 x8, 14 x 6military press. 20 x 10, 25 x 8, 30 x 6dumbell side lateral raises. 8 x10, 10 x 8, 12 x 6Up it to 6 exercises X 3 sets after a couple of weeks.You should be a little sore the next day after a workout. You should have a protien drink as soon after a workout as you can.I can tell you more about supplements, changing your workouts, drop sets, negative reps, ok i'm rambling.I was really into this stuff about 5 years ago. Getting back into it now. If you want me to write more I will.GO Jeff
RegVps - Cheap VPS Hosting In Under 1 Minute!

#54 troyomac

troyomac

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

I have some glutamine from when I was working out before with my roomate, but he's gone now and I forget when/ how much of it I'm supposed to take. I might be a bit different with my weights, but my first set if I can do 12 reps, it's too light. Usually I do around 10, break for 45 seconds or so, then do as many as I can at the weight lower than my first set. Usually I get to 5 or 6, and my muscle's fatigued.

#55 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

ah...don't know anything about supplements/proteintoday i did 30 minutes on the elliptical on level 6 of 10 on what this machine called the Vail Pass program...looked like a hill...bench press machine..3x10 @ 110military press 3x10@50individual arm dumbell bicep curls...3x10 @ 12.5 in each armlat pulldowns 3x10 @ 60? i thinktricep curl machine 3x10 @40? i thinkthen crunches to finish things off.

My New Blog

#56 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

View Postjeff_536, on Friday, February 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

ah...don't know anything about supplements/proteintoday i did 30 minutes on the elliptical on level 6 of 10 on what this machine called the Vail Pass program...looked like a hill...bench press machine..3x10 @ 110military press 3x10@50individual arm dumbell bicep curls...3x10 @ 12.5 in each armlat pulldowns 3x10 @ 60? i thinktricep curl machine 3x10 @40? i thinkthen crunches to finish things off.
Did you look all ripped when you got done?
Valar Morghulis

#57 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostNikki_N, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

Did you look all ripped when you got done?
No, but i've actually got a few muscles. I'm feeling good. Wanna feel me?

My New Blog

#58 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

ooooo my....shoveling the driveway first then my son went to a birthday party at the local pool. Parents were invited to swim, so i maybe 10 or so lengths of the 25-m pool...DAMN...that was tiring....For the the triathlon, i'm going to have to do the equivalent of 15 laps...got some work to do.

My New Blog

#59 steve73

steve73

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

View Postjeff_536, on Friday, February 1st, 2008, 7:16 PM, said:

A multi vitamin everyday would be the first thing I would reccomend.Protien is used to repair muscles. Whey protien is absorbed fast, often taken shortly after a workout to aid recovery. Some protein powders have carbohydrates as well. You would want a powder with as little carbs as possible. You will get benifit from having a protien drink within 30 mins of working out. You can mix it with water, I usually mix it with no fat milk and a banana in the blender.Creatine helps you store energy in muscles. Normally taken in the morning with water or fruit juice. It benifits both endurance and resistance training. You should also drink a couple of extra glasses of water a day when taking it.The workout style I mentioned in an early post is for muscle building, I forgot your goal was to do a triathlon.
RegVps - Cheap VPS Hosting In Under 1 Minute!

#60 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

View Poststeve73, on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 7:19 PM, said:

A multi vitamin everyday would be the first thing I would reccomend.Protien is used to repair muscles. Whey protien is absorbed fast, often taken shortly after a workout to aid recovery. Some protein powders have carbohydrates as well. You would want a powder with as little carbs as possible. You will get benifit from having a protien drink within 30 mins of working out. You can mix it with water, I usually mix it with no fat milk and a banana in the blender.Creatine helps you store energy in muscles. Normally taken in the morning with water or fruit juice. It benifits both endurance and resistance training. You should also drink a couple of extra glasses of water a day when taking it.The workout style I mentioned in an early post is for muscle building, I forgot your goal was to do a triathlon.
thanks steve, i'll look into the supplements

My New Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users