Jump to content


Official I Joined A Gym Thread


  • Please log in to reply
2549 replies to this topic

#21 H_Factor73

H_Factor73

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 342 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oregon
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha/8

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM, said:

This is torture.My midsection is screaming in pain.
Just think of your wife ... Ah shit, I respect you too much to continue with this joke.

#22 fryer98

fryer98

    You missed....the EARTH!

  • Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near the CITY OF CHAMPIONS!
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

Hint: Get Men's Health mag.

#23 myenemy

myenemy

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,553 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:56 AM

www.crossfit.comThis website has changed my life. I am pretty much the fittest person I know since Ive been doing this about a year. And its all functional applicable strength. I'll let the website do the rest of the talking.

#24 fryer98

fryer98

    You missed....the EARTH!

  • Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near the CITY OF CHAMPIONS!
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:56 AM

View Postjeff_536, on Friday, January 25th, 2008, 7:37 PM, said:

One of my main questions is, should I do cardio first, then weights? or the other way around. Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
When I used to go...and I need to start again, btw...I would do some warm up cardio before wights to get the blood flowing and loosen up. After weights, I would do more cardio about 1/2 the time.

#25 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

    FCPHA Angel

  • Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:An epic too small to be tragic.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

I'm tired just reading about the exercise. I play volleyball once a week. I should be using the weight set in the basement, but I am lazy.
Valar Morghulis


#26 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:09 AM

My current workout plan is this.stretch5 min on bike30 second breakthen do a 8 station rotation on machines 12 reps each 30 secs between stations1 minute break5 min on bike30 sec breakthen do the 8 stations again 10 reps each 30 sec btw 1 minute break5 min on bike30 second break8 station again 8 reps each higher weight 30 sec break btw2 minute break15 min on bikethen I do my pull ups but generally depending on the day I can do a few or a lotI like this because it keeps my heart rate through the whole workout
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#27 jeff_536

jeff_536

    What?

  • Members
  • 30,877 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

View PostSBriand, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM, said:

My current workout plan is this.stretch5 min on bike30 second breakthen do a 8 station rotation on machines 12 reps each 30 secs between stations1 minute break5 min on bike30 sec breakthen do the 8 stations again 10 reps each 30 sec btw 1 minute break5 min on bike30 second break8 station again 8 reps each higher weight 30 sec break btw2 minute break15 min on bikethen I do my pull ups but generally depending on the day I can do a few or a lotI like this because it keeps my heart rate through the whole workout
That looks interesting...I'm anxiously awaiting Guapo's workout that he said he'd send to me.
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#28 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

And just started using this today on advice from others on the diet.http://www.thedailyplate.com
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#29 jmkiser

jmkiser

    The best revenge is massive success.

  • Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bakersfield
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Man, I wish I could afford to join up with a gym right now. :club:
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.


#30 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

    FCPHA Angel

  • Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:An epic too small to be tragic.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

View PostSBriand, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

And just started using this today on advice from others on the diet.http://www.thedailyplate.com
I don't use the Nutri-System food anymore (hit my goal a while back) but I still use their website to count my calories. By counting the calories and keeping track of everything I eat, I've found I'm less likely to eat things I shouldn't.
Valar Morghulis


#31 troyomac

troyomac

    .

  • Members
  • 11,235 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

View PostSBriand, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 9:09 AM, said:

I like this because it keeps my heart rate through the whole workout
I think that's why it's a good idea to do at least 5 minutes of cardio before resistance training. Get that heart rate up and burn more calories.I do about 30 mins right now on the cross-trainer before lifting weights. I like to do all my cardio before, and none after because I am so fatigued usually that I can barely make it up the stairs to the change room. Hopefully going to slowly increase my cardio time until I can get up to an hour.

#32 El Guapo

El Guapo

    Like A Boss!

  • Members
  • 16,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmen's Flower

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

View Posttroyomac, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

I think that's why it's a good idea to do at least 5 minutes of cardio before resistance training. Get that heart rate up and burn more calories.I do about 30 mins right now on the cross-trainer before lifting weights. I like to do all my cardio before, and none after because I am so fatigued usually that I can barely make it up the stairs to the change room. Hopefully going to slowly increase my cardio time until I can get up to an hour.
Yes, 10 would be better if you have the time.

#33 jeff_536

jeff_536

    What?

  • Members
  • 30,877 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

View Posttroyomac, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 2:49 PM, said:

I think that's why it's a good idea to do at least 5 minutes of cardio before resistance training. Get that heart rate up and burn more calories.I do about 30 mins right now on the cross-trainer before lifting weights. I like to do all my cardio before, and none after because I am so fatigued usually that I can barely make it up the stairs to the change room. Hopefully going to slowly increase my cardio time until I can get up to an hour.
This is about where I am. I don't hit the weights as hard as you, though. Just easing back in and I don't want to overdo it. I'm just doing enough so that I struggle a bit on my third set of 10.
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#34 renaedawn

renaedawn

    Country Famous

  • Members
  • 36,522 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

View Postvvganeshavv, on Friday, January 25th, 2008, 8:37 PM, said:

bullemia FTW!!
Teach me this.I can gag but I can't vomit. What's the trick?
I keep telling myself I'm moving on
Believing my heart was strong
But every step I take that leads me away
Just circles back to your door

Wishing I didn't love you
What I'd give if I could touch you

Wishing I didn't love you anymore

#35 El Guapo

El Guapo

    Like A Boss!

  • Members
  • 16,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmen's Flower

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

View Postjeff_536, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

This is about where I am. I don't hit the weights as hard as you, though. Just easing back in and I don't want to overdo it. I'm just doing enough so that I struggle a bit on my third set of 10.
Jeff I'm working from home today, before afternoon meetings, I'll e mail in the morning.

#36 jeff_536

jeff_536

    What?

  • Members
  • 30,877 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 2:57 PM, said:

Jeff I'm working from home today, before afternoon meetings, I'll e mail in the morning.
cool.
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#37 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

    FCPHA Angel

  • Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:An epic too small to be tragic.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:20 PM

View Postrenaedawn, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 2:54 PM, said:

Teach me this.I can gag but I can't vomit. What's the trick?
When you start to gag, the key is to push your finger even farther down your throat. Wiggle it a bit if you have to. Be persistent and the vomit will come.I do this when I am beyond drunk and I know I'm going to be uber sick later if I don't get some of the booze out. I should've done it in the parking lot before we left Firelake rather than hurling on/in your car. I really didn't think I was going to puke that time though as I hadn't had that much to drink. I think it was the coffee mixed with the booze all churning about as we drove home that did me in. I still feel awful about that.
Valar Morghulis


#38 El Guapo

El Guapo

    Like A Boss!

  • Members
  • 16,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmen's Flower

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:21 PM

View PostNikki_N, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 2:20 PM, said:

When you start to gag, the key is to push your finger even farther down your throat. Wiggle it a bit if you have to. Be persistent and the vomit will come.I do this when I am beyond drunk and I know I'm going to be uber sick later if I don't get some of the booze out. I should've done it in the parking lot before we left Firelake rather than hurling on/in your car. I really didn't think I was going to puke that time though as I hadn't had that much to drink. I think it was the coffee mixed with the booze all churning about as we drove home that did me in. I still feel awful about that.
Why are you using a finger?

#39 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

    FCPHA Angel

  • Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:An epic too small to be tragic.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 5:21 PM, said:

Why are you using a finger?
Nobody likes it when you hurl on their member.
Valar Morghulis


#40 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

    A hot and bothered astronaut

  • Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:crashing while I'm jacking off
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

View Postrenaedawn, on Monday, January 28th, 2008, 2:54 PM, said:

Teach me this.I can gag but I can't vomit. What's the trick?
I thought that was the trick

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users