Official Trade Deadline Thread

So let's talk about all those stupid rumors and xbox trades that we want to make.Here is an idea for the habs.I know im a fool.Suppose the leafs are selling , i know they wont trade sundin to montreal , but what about Antropov.Will they trade Antropov against our 1st choice?It's part of my xbox plan.Trade my 1st choice against Antropov.Than trade Koivu against Anaheim ( EDM ) 1st choice and another player , possibly Bobby Ryan , IF SELANNE come back im sure Burke is willing to do it.Some people might think its too much for koivu but let me tell you something , he's not UFA this summer and he still can play.Since we got to replace him for this year we have Antropov.But now we have a very good 1st pick ( edm ) and a good prospect ( ryan ).Also Burke want the cup NOW , and with Getzlaf and Perry his future is not in jeopardy so trading Ryan is not SOOOO bad for the team if Koivu can play there 3 or 4 years.With Koivu & Selanne they would have 2 very dangerous line.Im a fool.Im taking too much drugs , i know its bad for the brain.

Ok so whats the worst part of my plan?If we can get a decent center in replacement of koivu and get Ryan + a good 1st round pick in a good deep draft for koivu whats the problem?
Giving up a first round pick for Antropov is dumb.And there is absolutely no way we would get Bobby Ryan and a first round pick from Anaheim for Saku Koivu.

As a Canucks fan I wouldn't mind seeing Sundin go to Vancouver as long as we don't give up too much for him. I've heard rumors that if he did go there he might resign with them so it wouldn't be too bad if that happened as we'd have 2 decent lines for the rest of this year and next year.For the Sens I'd like to see them reaquire Hossa. I think he'd really play well for them and we'd have two sick lines. Spezza, Heatly and Robitaille maybe? Then Fisher, Hossa and Alfredson. Would be two pretty unreal lines right there.

We need Gruven in here asap to give us all the recent rumors and news around the league.
He stated:Sundin to VancouverTucker to CalgaryMcCabe to NY Rangers
Giving up a first round pick for Antropov is dumb.And there is absolutely no way we would get Bobby Ryan and a first round pick from Anaheim for Saku Koivu.
In fact my plan was to trade our 1st round pick against a replacement for koivu THIS YEAR.Another center will do it.No need to be antropov.And im not so sure we could'nt get Ryan and the pick for Koivu.I seriously think Koivu is # 1 in Burke's list because of Selanne and the fact that he can play for more than 1 year which Sundin won't do in anaheim.
He stated:Sundin to VancouverTucker to CalgaryMcCabe to NY Rangers
Yea, saw those but he's gotta know more then just that. I hope McCabe goes to New York for fantasy reasons. I already have Rosival in our FCP yahoo fantasy league but I think McCabe might help my other Rangers, Drury and Shannahan.

Tanguay will be traded to free up cap space for next year for Phaneuf and Husellius I believe. Montreal deals them Ryder and Grabovski, they don't resign Ryder next year and they just saved $5M.Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay?

In fact my plan was to trade our 1st round pick against a replacement for koivu THIS YEAR.Another center will do it.No need to be antropov.And im not so sure we could'nt get Ryan and the pick for Koivu.I seriously think Koivu is # 1 in Burke's list because of Selanne and the fact that he can play for more than 1 year which Sundin won't do in anaheim.
You do realize Selanne isn't playing for anyone and is an unrestricted free agent?
You do realize Selanne isn't playing for anyone and is an unrestricted free agent?
Now why do you have to go and spoil it when I'm seriously wondering how many posts and days of laughter it will be until he figures that one out.....

A swap between Montreal and San Jose involving Ryder and Marleau would make sense. I keep hearing rumors of Raycroft to San Jose....maybe the Leafs could add Kaberle so they could get a decent return while still getting rid of Raycroft.

A swap between Montreal and San Jose involving Ryder and Marleau would make sense.
How does that make sense? Marleau is signed for another two seasons while Ryder is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.
Don't take me for an idiot , i know it , i said it ,my plan is IF selanne returns.
okay... just one time..... for me, because I don't understand hockey..... can you explain how or why Selanne would re-sign with Anaheim just to be traded? And how, with this salary cap thingy, how the Ducks could add either his or Sundin's salary?

Do you read what i wrote?!?Where the hell did you read Selanne would be traded???I was talking about the fact that IF Selanne might return than Koivu will probably be #1 in Burke's List because of their past-great-international-performance.Thats it.And for the salary cap i dont know but burke is probabyl capable of doing a move to add koivu to the line-up.I can't believe you take me for an idiot like that.

okay... just one time..... for me, because I don't understand hockey..... can you explain how or why Selanne would re-sign with Anaheim just to be traded? And how, with this salary cap thingy, how the Ducks could add either his or Sundin's salary?
The Ducks currently have about 2M in cap space, enough for Teemu if he so desired.
(psssst..... Selanne isn't coming back..... shhhh....)
PM? As the only Ducks fan on this board I have divine right of Gruven knowledge concerning my favorite squadron especially when it involves getting a 40 goal scorer back.
Kinda hard not to when you put commas where you do. :club:
just for the record ever since you put this stupid picture up, the penguins are all getting injured...including your saviour..I told you not to mess with Tucker..
just for the record ever since you put this stupid picture up, the penguins are all getting injured...including your saviour..I told you not to mess with Tucker..
My saviour? Mario is doing fine.