23 replies to this topic

#21 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,671 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

View PostCoolHandLaw, on Monday, January 14th, 2008, 3:00 PM, said:

but by raising the flop, will hero lose bets on the turn when he raises?
Yes, because he won't be raising, he'll go bet, and villains go call call call.EDIT: Misread the HH, as is standard play by me.

#22 Farmboyz

Farmboyz

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E.

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

I quite like the way the hand was played. I'd be doing the same thing. Even though it's short-handed, I like the call with 33. You want customers, with that little pair. Even if you get no more, low flops will have you ahead of AK, AQ. Slow at the flop, too. I couldn't jam it there, I might scare off the CO. If the villians want the lead, when I have a monster, then let 'em have it. Besides I want to make that value raise when the bets have doubled.I'm wondering if the cutoff should have 3-bet the flop. He calls down anyway, with what seems like an overpair. I'm thinking he needed to gather info here. If DN calls, and the BB caps it, then he can be 90% sure he's beat. When the flush card hits the turn, and the BB still leads, then he knows his hand is dead. He can get out, only losing four small bets (flop & forward). By calling, he ended up losing 3.5 big bets.I'm kinda thinking out loud there, but does anyone else agree?

#23 Bubba83

Bubba83

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Web Programming<br />Computer Games<br />Beer Tasting<br />Roller Coasters
  • Favorite Poker Game:7 Stud Hi/Lo

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

I just want to make sure... If the flop comes T 8 4 and BB checks, CO bets, we raise with 33 right?

#24 AcesOnFire

AcesOnFire

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

I never play LHE, but I like this, I think you are extracting extra value by flat calling the flop and raising the turn, as mentioned above I don't think we would see the BB lead from your raise on the flop. Think any 6 is going to put on on some kinda of over pair, same for any big pair.
I've known hexidecimal since before I was A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users