zimmer4141

GO BLUE

• Members
  • 15,007 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Golf

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

View PostJadaki, on Wednesday, January 16th, 2008, 8:15 AM, said:

Mannigham officially made himself eligible for the NFL draft :club:
Doesn't matter, Manningham was lazy and overrated. We're better without him just starting over with a whole new crew of skill players.
Hail To the Victors Valiant
Hail To the Conquering Heroes
Hail Hail To Michigan
The Leaders and Best

#22 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,849 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

I have no basis for this statement.I think you guys will land Pryor. He doesnt seem like the type to go to a school where he wont be the starter right away. Michigan is the biggest name where that can happen.
Spoiler

#23 rocketpoker828

rocketpoker828

The Future

• Members
  • 3,941 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Video games, pwning N00bs, my wonderful fiance.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE SNGs, PLO cash games

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 8:51 PM, said:

I have no basis for this statement.I think you guys will land Pryor. He doesnt seem like the type to go to a school where he wont be the starter right away. Michigan is the biggest name where that can happen.
um, pryor would start @ osu. esp. after the egg that boeckman laid in the BCS Nat'l Championship game.
QUOTE (Brad Childress)
On the Vikings‘ participation in community outreach programs:

Our players probably get way more out of it than the kids that they touch.

#24 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

View Postrocketpoker828, on Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

um, pryor would start @ osu. esp. after the egg that boeckman laid in the BCS Nat'l Championship game.
Disagree.

#25 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

View Postfryer98, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 1:35 PM, said:

Disagree.
I agree with your disagree

#26 magnus72

magnus72

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

View Postfryer98, on Friday, January 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM, said:

Terrelle Pryor's Recruiting Diary: Steelers' Batch will join Pryor on recruiting tripsUntil he makes a college decision, the Post-Gazette periodically will run a diary from Pryor, as told to staff writer Mike White. http://www.post-gaze.../848406-365.stm
Thats why Charlie Batch was sitting next to Rich Rodriguez at the Michigan basketball game this weekend. I was kinda wondering what was going on there.

#27 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

View Postmagnus72, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 3:09 PM, said:

Thats why Charlie Batch was sitting next to Rich Rodriguez at the Michigan basketball game this weekend. I was kinda wondering what was going on there.
They sure weren't watching quality basketball... I can tell you that much.

#28 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

View PostJadaki, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 2:27 PM, said:

They sure weren't watching quality basketball... I can tell you that much.
Who won that game, btw? Here's a hint. Posted Image
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#29 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 4:39 PM, said:

Who won that game, btw? Here's a hint. Posted Image
I forgot, I was busy watching the NFC championship. How did that turn out by the way, I missed the result.

#30 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

View PostJadaki, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 4:39 PM, said:

I forgot, I was busy watching the NFC championship. How did that turn out by the way, I missed the result.
Didn't bother to watch since your team wasn't in it?BTW, I forgot shoving Michigan basketball in your face is worthless since you like UNC in college hoops. Weird. Michigan for college football..Dallas for NFL football..UNC for college basketball.. Hmmmm... Oh, and the NFC Championship game wasn't on Saturday.
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#31 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 7:55 PM, said:

Didn't bother to watch since your team wasn't in it?BTW, I forgot shoving Michigan basketball in your face is worthless since you like UNC in college hoops. Weird. Michigan for college football..Dallas for NFL football..UNC for college basketball.. Hmmmm... Oh, and the NFC Championship game wasn't on Saturday.
I follow Michigan basketball and UNC football too, Michigan basketball has gone way downhill since the late 90's. There isn't anything to be that excited about in the basketball program. I think UNC football is going to be decent in two years or so with Butch Davis there but they will likely never be a serious national title contender.

#32 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,849 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

I think what you two queerbags are forgetting, during your super cool argument, is this:Posted ImageBAM!
Spoiler

#33 Buckeye Hughes

Buckeye Hughes

Charging towards the NL Central middle of the road

• Members
  • 2,160 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Huh?

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

I think what you two queerbags are forgetting, during your super cool argument, is this:Posted ImageBAM!
Nebraska still has a football team?
This space for rent

#34 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

View PostBuckeye Hughes, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 9:58 PM, said:

The big N stands for "NO BOWL GAME"

#35 Buckeye Hughes

Buckeye Hughes

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, January 20th, 2008, 8:51 PM, said:

I think I read somewhere (or it may have Jadaki saying it) that Pryor wanted to play football AND basketball. Landing at a top program for both was important to him. Michigan basketball doesn't have nearly the upside of OSU basketball.But mainly I am keeping hopes that he will actually come to Columbus. No way do I want to face that guy the next 3 years.
This space for rent

#36 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,849 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

View PostBuckeye Hughes, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 11:58 PM, said:

View PostJadaki, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 11:59 PM, said:

The big N stands for "NO BOWL GAME"
I dont understand the question, and I wont respond to it.
Spoiler

#37 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

View PostBuckeye Hughes, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

I think I read somewhere (or it may have Jadaki saying it) that Pryor wanted to play football AND basketball. Landing at a top program for both was important to him. Michigan basketball doesn't have nearly the upside of OSU basketball.But mainly I am keeping hopes that he will actually come to Columbus. No way do I want to face that guy the next 3 years.
It wasn't me who said it. I think it was from an article Fryer posted. Your right about OSU basketball though :club:

#38 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:37 AM

View PostBuckeye Hughes, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

View PostJadaki, on Monday, January 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

It wasn't me who said it. I think it was from an article Fryer posted. Your right about OSU basketball though :club:
I've posted articles that said it....and maybe said it myself. Anyway...If we're talking Pryor in OSU vs. UM only, OSU definitely has the basketball plus over UM. UM has RR and his offense over OSU. Someone said OSU would adabt to an offense for him, which I am sure is true, but RR has mastered it.While we're talking about him, from yesterday's paper...Pryor on the verge of 2,000 pointsTuesday, January 22, 2008By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteJeannette's Terrelle Pryor reached some impressive milestones in football. Now he's approaching one in basketball.Pryor, a senior, needs only 79 points to reach 2,000 for his career. Only 22 other players in the history of the WPIAL have scored 2,000 points.Pryor scored 20 points in a 63-50 victory against Burrell last night. Jeannette has four games in the next six days, so Pryor has an excellent chance at reaching the milestone by next week. He averages 22 points a game.In football, Pryor became the first player in Pennsylvania history to rush for 4,000 yards and pass for 4,000. No WPIAL athlete has ever rushed or passed for 4,000 yards in football and scored 2,000 points in basketball.What do Terrelle Pryor and Gnarls Barkley have in common?January 22, 2008Tuesday, January 22, 2008From Mike White:The word Terrelle Pryor used today to describe his recruiting is "crazy."College coaches are turning up the heat on the Jeannette High School football star. Media members are calling. Veteran Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum was at Jeannette today to talk to Pryor, coaches and townsfolk for an upcoming feature in the magazine.Pitt offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh and another Pitt assistant ("I think it was their running backs coach," Pryor said) came to Jeannette this morning to meet with Pryor. Pitt apparently still hasn't given up on Pryor, even though he has repeatedly said he has no interest in attending Pitt."I understand. They're just doing their job," Pryor said.Pryor said he has no plans to make an official visit to Pitt, but he acknowledged he has left open the possibility of making a quick unofficial visit to the school, just to talk with Coach Dave Wannstedt."I don't know if I will or not. I'd basically do it just for my dad," Pryor said. "He likes Pitt. But I'm not going there."After meeting with the Pitt coaches today, Pryor spent some time with McCallum. Then Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley and quarterbacks coach Jay Paterno showed up at Jeannette to talk with Pryor. Joe Paterno might come to Jeannette next week.Penn State is one of five schools Pryor is considering, but the Nittany Lions are an extreme long shot. Pryor visited Michigan this past weekend. He already has been to Ohio State. He said he might go to Oregon in the middle of next week and then make a trip to LSU next weekend.

#39 Buckeye Hughes

Buckeye Hughes

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

Sorry fryer, the credit should have gone to you.Still praying he comes to Columbus. I heard Duane Long, a recruiting guru say he thought the chances of Pryor coming to OSU were very high. He said he would be shocked if Pryor landed anywhere esle. Long is a contributor to Bucknuts, an OSU site so I'm sure his opinion is a little skewed. Here's to hope though.
This space for rent

#40 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:32 AM

View PostBuckeye Hughes, on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 6:51 PM, said:

Sorry fryer, the credit should have gone to you.Still praying he comes to Columbus. I heard Duane Long, a recruiting guru say he thought the chances of Pryor coming to OSU were very high. He said he would be shocked if Pryor landed anywhere esle. Long is a contributor to Bucknuts, an OSU site so I'm sure his opinion is a little skewed. Here's to hope though.
You f'n better be sorry!LSU in the mix now too. I also laugh when he says his dad wants him to go to Pitt, but there's no chance he's going there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users