• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Zach6668

Zach6668

2009 Stanley Cup Champions

• Moderators
  • 41,736 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

I'm about 100% sure KcQc isn't folding anywhere on this flop, and is actually quite indifferent to even getting into a 3-way capped flop, since we're about breakeven equity here overall with KcQc.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#22 Zach6668

Zach6668

2009 Stanley Cup Champions

• Moderators
  • 41,736 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

View PostSheiky, on Sunday, December 30th, 2007, 10:11 AM, said:

Is it really that ridiculous caping the flop with top pair and the nut flush draw against someone who he probably knows overplays hands?
In this 3-way pot, yes, IMO, given preflop action and DN's mysterious calls (which, to be honest, set off alarm bells in my mind if I'm playing this game, unless DN has a reputation for playing passively, which I'm unsure of.)
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#23 kpr16

kpr16

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

Hey Daniel,I was really impressed with the way you played this hand. I too would flat call the flop with position and a player to act, but after the button caps, I'm on board with a turn lead. I wish I could say I would of had the gumption to cap the turn, but I'm pretty certain in the heat of the battle I would have gone into call-down mode. In hindsight, what you said about both players jamming the turn makes a lot of sense.Button can't do anything different IMO. Maybe the flop cap is ill-advised, knowing aggressive players or an expert will never allow him to get a free-card, but not capping it seems weak. On the turn, I can't imagine NOT raising your lead when you can still have A5s, A6s, AJ, and conceivably AK, AQ, and he still has the nut draw when behind.I'm happy I got to play with you Daniel, and just happened to find this thread when googling my SN. Seems like a great forum and I plan to return. I know we didn't get to play long and you were multi-tabling, but if you remember having any thoughts about my play I would love to hear them. I was mostly playing because my GF begged me to :club:, she enjoyed it like a little kid on Christmas eve.Cheers, here's to a 2008,Kyle R.

#24 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:28 AM

I sorta just quickly scanned through this, I saw DN wrote he wasnt thinking AA by the turn. but on the flop, does anyone else feel like. "ugh this might very well be AA but i gotta call down for the sake of coolers?"

#25 Sheiky

Sheiky

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,734 posts
  • Interests:Poker, sports, music
  • Favorite Poker Game:None, everyone hates poker

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:20 AM

Um, no, not at all, these shorthanded limit games on stars are very aggressive, the two opponents hand ranges in this hand are a hell of a lot bigger than AA.

#26 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

I'm what's left. I'm what's right.

• Members
  • 9,292 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:You vs Me. Cagematch.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

View PostRoyal_Tour, on Monday, December 31st, 2007, 2:28 AM, said:

but on the flop, does anyone else feel like. "ugh this might very well be AA but i gotta call down for the sake of coolers?"
It's anything BUT AA a lot more often than it is AA, so it's in our best interest to get as many bets as humanly possible into this pot.I'd feel a lot worse if "I called down for the sake of coolers" than if I capped each street and got showed AA.

#27 MovingIn

MovingIn

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

What an intriguing hand from one of the best. I freely admit I might've laid 55 down preflop to a 3 bet (though as played I would've called the cap). There's so many layers to the play of this hand that it shows me I've got plenty to learn about SHLHE dynamics.

#28 Orcasgt22

Orcasgt22

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7 NL Single Draw

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

SHLTH = SHLSetMining!What a huge pot for 100/200I like how you played that hand.
Statistics are like Bikini's: They are intresting for what they reveal but crucial for what they conceal

#29 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

View PostMovingIn, on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008, 1:45 PM, said:

What an intriguing hand from one of the best. I freely admit I might've laid 55 down preflop to a 3 bet (though as played I would've called the cap). There's so many layers to the play of this hand that it shows me I've got plenty to learn about SHLHE dynamics.
That's a play you should never, ever, ever, ever, make in limit hold'em.

#30 Bubba83

Bubba83

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Web Programming<br />Computer Games<br />Beer Tasting<br />Roller Coasters
  • Favorite Poker Game:7 Stud Hi/Lo

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

That's a play you should never, ever, ever, ever, make in limit hold'em.
Agreed, if we hadn't put any money in yet we should fold small pairs for 3-bets preflop, but we initially raised so it only costs us 2 more small bets to call into a pot that we know will contain 13 small bets and will likely have a lot of action postflop... We know our hand is likely no good anymore, but it doesn't matter because now we are looking at our hand for set value exclusively (or maybe an open ended straight draw).

#31 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

I like preflop and the river...which are standard. I think on the flop once its 3bets back to you that you need to take over the hand at this point cap and just start betting. As played you give potential for so much missed value. If we assume that the buttons range is more than Ax and has a hand like kqs (which he never folds on the flop btw) then thre is a real possibility he takes the free ride to the river on his draw. Where as if you take charge on the flop, you are assuring yourself you get your bets in (this hand obviously doesnt matter b/c we know they both had top two by the turn, but against his range you may miss bets trying to play fancy.
www.mattnxtc.blogspot.com

#32 Farmboyz

Farmboyz

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

This hand is wild. Thanks for posting it. The insight on playing it, is so useful.I would have been worried about AA pre-flop. But, not 66 (maybe I should be?). Seems like 66 would usually just call. I'm going to have to remember this hand, in my future play. I would have smooth-called, as well. If the others want to take the lead, then please do. After watching both opponents jam the flop, it's much easier to put them each on an Ace. Making it highly unlikely that Pocket Rockets is out there. I wouldn't have lead at the turn. But, once you explained it, DN, that's definitely the way to go.Sweet pot.

#33 looshle

looshle

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

Wow, I scrolled down through this hand and went street by street thinking about what I would do. I think AJ is the only hand the SB can have that beats us by the check-cold 3 bet on the turn. He can't do that with AK or any one pair hands. The only 2 pair hand he can have is AJ and every other set beats us. It's such a gross hand I think you can legitimately argue either capping or folding the turn. wowowow
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Sunday, December 12th, 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
say what?

I don't berate players unless they are donkeys making bad plays

#34 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

View PostAcid_Knight, on Monday, December 31st, 2007, 10:29 AM, said:

It's anything BUT AA a lot more often than it is AA
obviously its rare for AA, its not anything BUT AA tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users