• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

View PostOuch-8s, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 2:33 PM, said:

whatever she will pay for it
What should be the starting price?
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#22 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

It's not a flying tour group, Jerome

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:39 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 11:31 AM, said:

Why would would she want that domain name? She should take katejansen.com
hahaha, i missed that.but honestly, the domain name resale market is a mysterious one. if she does make it huge, you can always keep the name, put up a useless fan site, throw some google adwords on there, and make some money while keeping the domain for your daughter to use when she gets older and wants to develop an identity crisis about whether she's a successful woman's lit (lib?) author.
I'm retired.

#23 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM, said:

I have no idea. However, you should probably make sure you have some sort of content on that domain asap, or she can sue for it and say you aren't using it, so she should get it. Domain name squatting is frowned upon.I would never pay an exhorbitant amount for a domain, unless it was something like sex.com or something. The whole resale market is a scam IMO.
I'm retired.

#24 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

View PostOuch-8s, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 2:39 PM, said:

hahaha, i missed that.but honestly, the domain name resale market is a mysterious one. if she does make it huge, you can always keep the name, put up a useless fan site, throw some google adwords on there, and make some money while keeping the domain for your daughter to use when she gets older and wants to develop an identity crisis about whether she's a successful woman's lit (lib?) author.
That's true. And it is Lit.My boss just emailed me this as he is running into it with some woman who is getting really popular and they contacted him today. I told him to start around $10K and work from there.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#25 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

That's true. And it is Lit.My boss just emailed me this as he is running into it with some woman who is getting really popular and they contacted him today. I told him to start around $10K and work from there.
sure, why not? more power to him if he can get it. but clearly women's lit authors are retarded if they pay it. well, i suppose that implied by the speciality, but still.
I'm retired.

#26 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:06 PM

My moniter doesn't go into sleep mode.I have the wonderful and new Vista, and have set the screen saver for 10 minutes with a really cool effect, and I have the power saver on max with a 10 minute window, and I leave my computer on and the moniter stays on all night and now I have ghost images of my dog Kobe on the screen and he is telling me to kill my neighbor, which is weird case my neighbor is a pump station.so I guess my question is how do you 'kill' a pump station?
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#27 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM, said:

My moniter doesn't go into sleep mode.I have the wonderful and new Vista, and have set the screen saver for 10 minutes with a really cool effect, and I have the power saver on max with a 10 minute window, and I leave my computer on and the moniter stays on all night and now I have ghost images of my dog Kobe on the screen and he is telling me to kill my neighbor, which is weird case my neighbor is a pump station.so I guess my question is how do you 'kill' a pump station?
hack the gibson
I'm retired.

#28 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM, said:

brazillionfiftytwo, start high but don't go a penny under a brazilliontwenty

#29 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Smack my bitch up!

• Members
  • 5,528 posts
  • Interests:Poker, what else?
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE esp. Razz

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

View PostOuch-8s, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 3:16 PM, said:

hack the gibson
That only works if your name is "Zero Cool".
Making sure someone dies in the Dead Pool since 1989.

#30 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM, said:

My moniter doesn't go into sleep mode.I have the wonderful and new Vista, and have set the screen saver for 10 minutes with a really cool effect, and I have the power saver on max with a 10 minute window, and I leave my computer on and the moniter stays on all night
It is generally accepted that Vista is the Devil. As a religious sort, you could try and beat it through prayer and piety and such. Or just be pragmatic and install WindowsXP.Your problem is probably something like a system process that kicks off, resetting the 10 minute timer. Just out of curiousity you could try setting it as short as it will let it, and see if it will sleep then. I also assume that that Vista has some sort of System Logs or Event Logs or something that may help you pinpoint exactly what is keeping your monitor up all night scheming with your dog.
I'm retired.

#31 Randy Reed

Randy Reed

Words up!

• Members
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

I've lost all the sound on my computer. I looked through audio files and it says I don't have an audio device. I think I might hav deleted it on accident getting rid of old programs recently. I downloaded a new version of Windows Media and still have no sound. Itunes says I am missing an audio device or it's fucked up or something. Suggestions? Windows XPreach around in it for ya
Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast its gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

#32 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

View PostDogpatch, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

That only works if your name is "Zero Cool".
Unfortunately it also means that you will never ever act again.

#33 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 2:06 PM, said:

The "really cool effect" doesn't happen to be the Drempels screensaver, is it? Cuz yeah, that one won't let my computer sleep either, it flashes like it's about to go on, then changes it's mind. I'm assuming other screensavers do this, too.EDIT: In certain cases, which SARBOX won't let me reveal, this is a feature.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#34 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Smack my bitch up!

• Members
  • 5,528 posts
  • Interests:Poker, what else?
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE esp. Razz

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 3:26 PM, said:

Unfortunately it also means that you will never ever act again.
QFTWhich is funny since two of the co stars went on to make it big and the black guy has had many character parts.
Making sure someone dies in the Dead Pool since 1989.

#35 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

View PostRandy Reed, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM, said:

I've lost all the sound on my computer. I looked through audio files and it says I don't have an audio device. I think I might hav deleted it on accident getting rid of old programs recently. I downloaded a new version of Windows Media and still have no sound. Itunes says I am missing an audio device or it's fucked up or something. Suggestions? Windows XPreach around in it for ya
this is a new computer, right? didn't you just get a new computer recently?Right click on My Computer, select properties, hardware, device manager - anything have a yellow exclamation point or a red x on it?do you know if you have on board sound or a separate soundcard? (one way to see is to look at the back, and see where the speakers are plugged in. Are they up near the top where a bunch of other stuff is too, in the "i/o plate" or down lower "expansion slot")Posted ImageIf it's a separate card, it may be lose. Turn off the computer, open it up, and reseat the card in it's slot.If it's built in, it may be disabled in the BIOS (usually press F1 or similar during booting, way before windows starts, to get in here. Look for ON BOARD DEVICES or something similar.)It may be hooped (unlikely) and if so, can be replaced (if necessary) for minimal $$. This probably a software issue though.
I'm retired.

#36 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

I just LOL'd when i realized i posted a screenshot of a screenshot in which the URL i want is legible.
I'm retired.

#37 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

Vista, bout 8 months old. It spontaneously shuts off and restarts for no reason...sometimes when someone is doing something, sometimes when I'm on the other side of the room, watching tv.Fixable or do i need the Ghostbusters?
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#38 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

View Postjeff_536, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 3:45 PM, said:

Vista, bout 8 months old. It spontaneously shuts off and restarts for no reason...sometimes when someone is doing something, sometimes when I'm on the other side of the room, watching tv.Fixable or do i need the Ghostbusters?
Buy an AppleŽ
Steve,

#39 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

View Postjeff_536, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM, said:

Vista
It's super tempting to just do this for the next year or so for any vista-related posts.Spontaneous shutdowns/reboots are usually heat-related, or power supply. Probably not heat if it happens when you aren't using the computer at all, unless it's over a radiator or something. Altho, vista.Try opening it and pointing a desk fan into it for a day or so, see if it continues. If yes, def not heat.
I'm retired.

#40 jeff_536

jeff_536

What?

• Members
  • 30,877 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, December 12th, 2007, 3:52 PM, said:

Buy an AppleŽ
the reason i'm on the couch watching TV is cause i have my 17 PowerBook G4 on my lap. the other one is my wife's.And now that pokerstars has a mac client, i'll never need another computer.
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users